Rotterdam, The Netherlands

Best fricking r&r live show I've ever seen! Last night was killer. This blew the 2010 show in Antwerp and the 2006 show in Nijmegen out of the water. The current GNR is in TOP shape. Everybody in my group was amazed at how good Axl's voice was, he nailed every note. My best friend is a die-hard Slash fan, and he became an immediate Bumblefoot fan last night. He was flabbergasted at how fantastic Civil War and Estranged sounded compared to his UYI DVDs. Any journalist want to write about GNR should pick up his/her pen today and report about this EPIC 3 hour show of the best current live band out there!!! rock3

P.S. Anyone bitching about the set list, please visit a show. Last night's setlist works best for the actual show people come to see. It is the perfect setlist for the audiences that actually buy tickets and go see the shows. Much better than an internet though guy fanboy ultimate rare song wish set list that should change each night with each different venue and thus different audience, which would not make sense anyway. Rock on, and definitely see you Friday!

You've said it all! That's how it is and anywone who says otherwise doesn't know shit about music.

This band is much better than the old band and i love the old guys but this band is so full of energie and so good with the fans.It doesn't get any better than this and if you want it to be better you don't deserve to be a guns n roses fan.

Amen!!!!!!

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.lustforlifemagazine.nl/artikelen/concertrecensies/7786-guns-n-roses-in-ahoy-concertrecensie

Poor review.

Also "DJ Kushba"?! :lol: :lol: If you decide to burn the guy, at least get his name straight.

http://oor.nl/#reviews/concerts/2011/guns_n%E2%80%99_roses_blaast_laatste_adem_uit_in_ahoy

And that one (by OOR magazine) is just brutal.. :mellow:

Just the title translates as "Guns n' Roses blows out it's last breath". Also stuff like "The concert of about 2,5 hours had about 20 minutes that were worth it". Or "The replacement musicians come up short in every way". Stuff about people leaving early. The last line of the thing is "Luckily Slash is still there to give the music a future"

Edited by username

I was there and it was brilliant.

Axl was in top form.

LOL @ the poor reviews, they write this because it is politically correct to kiss the old band's ass... fuck that. I had a great time and that's all that counts in my book.

Shame that this band doesn't record anything.

This one is good, allthough not a source to take very serious, but it is a source which will be read by many:

http://www.rtl.nl/(/actueel/rtlboulevard/entertainment/articleview/)/components/actueel/rtlboulevard/2012/06_juni/entertainment/guns-n_roses-knalt-ouderwets-in-ahoy.xml

Why is the link not working??? Can somebody make it work, I have just my ipad.

Nevermind......

Ok, Found this same thing, different source,, but also an important one:

http://www.metronieuws.nl/entertainment/guns-n-roses-knalt-ouderwets-in-ahoy/IWIlfe!FoWoI@xnZ7zFsMxh@b2hQ/

Also same review at nieuw.nl which are three often read pages. Not bad.

Edited by MBRose

This one is good, allthough not a source to take very serious, but it is a source which will be read by many:

http://www.rtl.nl/(/actueel/rtlboulevard/entertainment/articleview/)/components/actueel/rtlboulevard/2012/06_juni/entertainment/guns-n_roses-knalt-ouderwets-in-ahoy.xml

Why is the link not working??? Can somebody make it work, I have just my ipad.

Nevermind......

Ok, Found this same thing, different source,, but also an important one:

http://www.metronieuws.nl/entertainment/guns-n-roses-knalt-ouderwets-in-ahoy/IWIlfe!FoWoI@xnZ7zFsMxh@b2hQ/

Also same review at nieuw.nl which are three often read pages. Not bad.

Hm, I can't make it work either, that's the right link?....

Edited by RocketQueenGNR

Saw you also on Bumblefoot's page, you were really upfront! Well done!

Was the right link, just google Guns 'n roses ahoy, first thing you see, but the others are exactly the same and the ones right after this one. So all often seen pages :thumbsup:

Edited by MBRose

Great show, much better than Arnhem 2010. Axl's voice was great this time, in 2010 I had to cover my ears during This I Love, but this time it was just great.

Poor ticket sales by the way, only standing tickets and lower seats were sold out, upper seats were almost empty. So, about 8.000-9.000 tickets sold.

I guess that's because Guns 'N Roses and Slash play Holland 5 days after each other. So people are likely to make a choice for one of them.

But after all, great show. I'll upload some video's later.

Saw you also on Bumblefoot's page, you were really upfront! Well done!

Was the right link, just google Guns 'n roses ahoy, first thing you see, but the others are exactly the same and the ones right after this one. So all often seen pages :thumbsup:

I don't know who you are on Facebook, but you can add me if you want.

I think i know your name, will add you. :thumbsup:

Did you looked on his page? I just recognized you from his page. He posted 2 pictures of the crowd and you see yourself and your mom twice.

Great show, much better than Arnhem 2010. Axl's voice was great this time, in 2010 I had to cover my ears during This I Love, but this time it was just great.

Poor ticket sales by the way, only standing tickets and lower seats were sold out, upper seats were almost empty. So, about 8.000-9.000 tickets sold.

I guess that's because Guns 'N Roses and Slash play Holland 5 days after each other. So people are likely to make a choice for one of them.

But after all, great show. I'll upload some video's later.

Don't forget they play near the German border on next saturday and Slash and GNR are also on Graspop in a few weeks. For Guns N' Roses fans a better option imo (if they love festivals that is)

A LOT OF NEW SONGS!

last show from GNr in rotterdam

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Live and Let Die

(Paul McCartney & Wings cover)

Attitude

(Misfits cover)

Bad Obsession

Welcome to the Jungle

Patience

(Wild Horses (Intro))

Double Talkin' Jive

Civil War

November Rain

(with It's Alright (Intro))

You Could Be Mine

Drum Solo

(Matt Sorum)

Slash Guitar Solo

(Slash)

Speak Softly Love

(Andy Williams cover) (Godfather Theme)

Sweet Child O' Mine

Knockin' On Heaven's Door

(Bob Dylan cover) (with intro of Only Women Bleed)

Don't Cry

Paradise City

so

they have new songs

=)

Bah, what hacks. Playing endless covers and solos instead of debuting new Spaghetti material.

Hoarding bastards..rumour has it that Axl did a remake of Since I Dont Have You as well...

I hope RQ1985 won't be kicked out for sexually harassing DJ.

:lol: Don't worry,I was not. He reached out and so did I but the stage was pretty far from the railing so we only touched fingerstips haha. I got one of his guitar picks also :)

I'm really sorry for the slow updates guys! My connection was awful and my battery died during Civil War. Wanted to post some pics on twitter but only managed to upload 1 after the show. So if anyone would be kind enough to post it here (I can't since I'm on my telephone).

The show was great! I was afraid that Axl's voice would be disappointing after seeing recent videos but he was great! Still not as good as in 2010 but he sounds great live, no video can capture that! The energy on the ground floor was awesome, I was litterally 3 meters away from the stage. And the band was really having fun, I saw Ron trolling Kat while she was trying to make a picture. Axl put on an orange hat that someone threw on stage, a few moments later he put it on Rons head. Axl told a story during KOHD in which he told how he got thrown out of class in (I believe) 5th grade because he was doing some silly dance. Couldn't hear it well enough with people screaming in my ears. I'm also pretty sure that I saw RQ1985 with a friend of hers. They were pretty much first in line and I heard them speak Danish(?).

Highlights for me where: Estranged, Civil War (these songs were the reason I went to the show), Shacklers (again!) And Patience which they didn't play here in '10 Glad to be here and Richards solo were also great!

I also caught one of DJ's picks which is still pretty cool, whether people like him or not. He really put on a great show and the crowd seemed to love him.

Anyway I'm off to bed! Will post some pics tomorrow, for now there's only the one on my twitter.

My back is sore, my legs are sore and i probably won't be able to speak in the morning but I had an awesome night! And again sorry for the failing updates.

Good night!

You should've come over to say hi!

I loved the story Axl told during KOHD :lol: "I was already an idiot in the 5th grade, why would you expect me to not be one now?" :rofl-lol::wub: Did anyone get it on video? I'd really love to see it!

The show was amazing! Axl sounded so good. I got chills when he did his long screams, they were fucking perfect!

Hearing Estranged live was amazing and very emtional. Shacklers was really great as well. I'm trying to remember everything that happened at this show but I saw them in Paris yesterday so I might be mixing the shows together due to the lack of sleep :ph34r:

And what was up with Axl calling Richard a great humanitarian all the time? :lol: Richard just laughed at him whenever he did it.

Don't worry,I was not. He reached out and so did I but the stage was pretty far from the railing so we only touched fingerstips haha. I got one of his guitar picks also

I'm really sorry for the slow updates guys! My connection was awful and my battery died during Civil War. Wanted to post some pics on twitter but only managed to upload 1 after the show. So if anyone would be kind enough to post it here (I can't since I'm on my telephone).

The show was great! I was afraid that Axl's voice would be disappointing after seeing recent videos but he was great! Still not as good as in 2010 but he sounds great live, no video can capture that! The energy on the ground floor was awesome, I was litterally 3 meters away from the stage. And the band was really having fun, I saw Ron trolling Kat while she was trying to make a picture. Axl put on an orange hat that someone threw on stage, a few moments later he put it on Rons head. Axl told a story during KOHD in which he told how he got thrown out of class in (I believe) 5th grade because he was doing some silly dance. Couldn't hear it well enough with people screaming in my ears. I'm also pretty sure that I saw RQ1985 with a friend of hers. They were pretty much first in line and I heard them speak Danish(?).

Highlights for me where: Estranged, Civil War (these songs were the reason I went to the show), Shacklers (again!) And Patience which they didn't play here in '10 Glad to be here and Richards solo were also great!

I also caught one of DJ's picks which is still pretty cool, whether people like him or not. He really put on a great show and the crowd seemed to love him.

Anyway I'm off to bed! Will post some pics tomorrow, for now there's only the one on my twitter.

My back is sore, my legs are sore and i probably won't be able to speak in the morning but I had an awesome night! And again sorry for the failing updates.

Good night!

I loved the story Axl told during KOHD :lol: "I was already an idiot in the 5th grade, why would you expect me to not be one now?" :rofl-lol::wub: Did anyone get it on video? I'd really love to see it!

The show was amazing! Axl sounded so good. I got chills when he did his long screams, they were fucking perfect!

Hearing Estranged live was amazing and very emtional. Shacklers was really great as well. I'm trying to remember everything that happened at this show but I saw them in Paris yesterday so I might be mixing the shows together due to the lack of sleep :ph34r:

And what was up with Axl calling Richard a great humanitarian all the time? Richard just laughed at him whenever he did it.

Seems like you had a great time!!! AND you got to touch DJ :tongue2:

Why does Axl always call himself an idiot?????????

EDIT: at 0:29 Dj points at my Ashbaswag shirt! I wish a better would video come available!

BTW how long does it normally take for bootlegs to surface? I can't wait to relive those memories

Edited by OptimusPrimeNL

Don't worry,I was not. He reached out and so did I but the stage was pretty far from the railing so we only touched fingerstips haha. I got one of his guitar picks also

Good night!

I loved the story Axl told during KOHD "I was already an idiot in the 5th grade, why would you expect me to not be one now?" :rofl-lol::wub: Did anyone get it on video? I'd really love to see it!

Hearing Estranged live was amazing and very emtional. Shacklers was really great as well. I'm trying to remember everything that happened at this show but I saw them in Paris yesterday so I might be mixing the shows together due to the lack of sleep

And what was up with Axl calling Richard a great humanitarian all the time? Richard just laughed at him whenever he did it.

Seems like you had a great time!!! AND you got to touch DJ :tongue2:

Why does Axl always call himself an idiot?????????

Touching DJ is always nice

If you watch the video you'll see what he means. It was really funny

EDIT: at 0:29 Dj points at my Ashbaswag shirt! I wish a better would video come available!

BTW how long does it normally take for bootlegs to surface? I can't wait to relive those memories

Thank you!

Here's a picture of us waiting outside in the rain. The weather really sucked

543712_10151173144473986_1627026595_n.jpg