Axl and Rich on a Bond soundtrack?

The Archer

Would love to hear them take a shot at it. Nice idea. Though my only reservation is the lackluster response that If The World received during the credits of Body of Lies.

That said, I'd bet this would be something up Axl's alley. I recall him saying he was interested in scoring movies back in his 2008 forum chats. Though if this were to happen, I would think the composition would already be done.

Cheers,

Andrew

Richard Fortus does a great take on the classic James Bond theme song for his solo spot. What if Axl did a song for a Bond Movie as a solo effort? Maybe he could have Richard join him...

Great idea!! A really great idea...!! :thumbsup:

song wouldn't be finished till the ovie came out on DVD :rofl-lol:

Would love to hear them take a shot at it. Nice idea. Though my only reservation is the lackluster response that If The World received during the credits of Body of Lies.

That said, I'd bet this would be something up Axl's alley. I recall him saying he was interested in scoring movies back in his 2008 forum chats. Though if this were to happen, I would think the composition would already be done.

Cheers,

Andrew

Good post.

It would be idiotic to rerelease If The World with a new movie. It failed in its original release, releasing it 4 years later in a movie would be pretty stupid.

But it would be a great idea to have Axl and Richard, or hhhmmm, the ENTIRE band record a song for an upcoming movie. Anything to get THIS band's music out for the public to enjoy would be a great idea!!! Any movie - not just a Bond movie.

Misleading title.

Sorry about that - it should have been "What if Axl and Rich sang on a Bond soundtrack...'. The thought had just popped into my head half formed, while I was watching the Rich interview, with the clip of him doing the Bond solo....

Cheers,

Andrew

Good post.

It would be idiotic to rerelease If The World with a new movie. It failed in its original release, releasing it 4 years later in a movie would be pretty stupid.

But it would be a great idea to have Axl and Richard, or hhhmmm, the ENTIRE band record a song for an upcoming movie. Anything to get THIS band's music out for the public to enjoy would be a great idea!!! Any movie - not just a Bond movie.

If the World being on the Body of Lies soundtrack, was also on my mind when I thought about this. Sadly, that didn't work - though I love the song and loved the movie. It may just have been bad timing, the lack of a video, or the wrong combination. You can't really fault them for the choice of movie though - big actors, big director, big movie, big theme with current relevance...yet, it didn't work. Maybe, these things just need some luck - if it were on something big like Inception, the song might have become a hit.

A Bond movie on the other hand, has a much greater chance of succeeding. Unlike the odd Condom of Shoelace, most of them are lots of fun and pull in a lot of audiences worldwide and have big publicity build ups. 'You Know my Name' or 'Die Another Day', had half decent videos with Chris Cornell and Madonna. Axl in his current incarnation really does have the gravitas of an old, powerful Rocker - if he gave it a good shot, he could really rock a Bond video. If he had Rich with him, it would be a great double bill - Rich has a lot of charisma, is really under appreciated and it would be good public exposure for him. Plus, using his solo on the soundtrack, would make it sound meaner and more interesting - "a new Bond solo for today's Bond, by Richard Fortus of Guns N' Roses!'

Whatever speculation there is about the reasons behind the release in delays, I'm sure that it would be better for Axl to guest on a movie, in his individual capacity, rather than bring along all of Guns N' Roses. It didn't seem to take much effort for him to do three songs on Baz' album. I'm sure that a solo Axl effort would be much easier to pull off - for him, as well as for the producers. That being said, it raises the question of why he couldn't have the rest of the band along with him. Having only Richard, would actually be a great compromise between having only Axl on the song and having the whole elephant known as Guns N' Roses, in the mix.

i don't think movie studios are interested in working with axl in 2012. afd tracks, on the other hand....

That's another idea - Axl may just want to work directly with another big name star..someone who realizes his value and has the clout to go above the heads of movie bosses. Maybe, a Tom Cruise....

Edited by The Archer