Official "Ask Admin/Mod" a question thread

Snowmass

I will miss those Nirvana threads though, they cracked me up.

There are very many sites on the Internet where you could go to have a laugh. No need to expect to read funny spam threads in a forum dedicated to discussing Guns N' Roses. Learn to navigate the web, dude, don't expect everything to take place in a very small section with a very particular objective in a small corner of the Internet devoted to a rock band.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soulmonster, lighten up.

Nates threads are one of the best things about Mygnr.

Broski, brighten up.

There is nothing funny about a guy pretending to be a mentally challenged and constantly inebriated teen on suicide watch with low self-esteem who is peer-pressured into constantly spamming a GN'R forum with incoherent, rambling cupcake posts. It is sad that he does it, and it is sad that other people manage to extract some humour out of anything except the drama that naturally follows. Except for the slightly disturbing aspect of people wasting away their lives this way, I have nothing against it per se, but would ideally not have to see those retarded threads in a section devoted to discussing GN'R...I guess there must be some corner of the Net where such "humour" fits in. I am very pleased the mods finally took action and removed his worst threads and I am now excitedly waiting to find out how far he can go before he is banned again from this forum (and will that make his "friends" leave, too?).

Broski, brighten up.

There is nothing funny about a guy pretending to be a mentally challenged and constantly inebriated teen on suicide watch with low self-esteem who is peer-pressured into constantly spamming a GN'R forum with incoherent, rambling cupcake posts. It is sad that he does it, and it is sad that other people manage to extract some humour out of anything except the drama that naturally follows. Except for the slightly disturbing aspect of people wasting away their lives this way, I have nothing against it per se, but would ideally not have to see those retarded threads in a section devoted to discussing GN'R...I guess there must be some corner of the Net where such "humour" fits in. I am very pleased the mods finally took action and removed his worst threads and I am now excitedly waiting to find out how far he can go before he is banned again from this forum (and will that make his "friends" leave, too?).

Brain-fart.gif

Guest Broskirose

Soulmonster, lighten up.

Broski, brighten up.

tl;dr

I don't get what the big deal was with the Kurt Cobain threads. Some thought they were funny and some didn't. Boohoo. They didn't laugh. They can move on with their lives.

And I mean, who's to say some of those topics didn't warrant their own threads? Maybe to some people, a hypothetical discussion of Axl marrying Courtney after she fictitiously divorced Kurt before he died is relevant. Really, there was some serious business in there. And it does not deserve to get merged in with other threads that aren't even related except that they both came from the same user and are both about Kurt.

And besides, they're not hurting anybody either way. Arnold Layne seldom criticizes Axl in these threads (more like he praises the shit out of Kurt). And they have the potential to turn into some good discussion.

And they're funny.

So I think we should start a vote, and I vote that all of those Kurt Cobain threads get unmerged. Vote now!

Soulmonster, lighten up.

Broski, brighten up.

:sleeper:

Mods - If there is a thread about Scaped, and I think the song is absolutely terrible, what should I do?

What makes you think you can't intelligently express what it is you don't like about Scraped in that specific thread? The rules here are pretty simple, dude...But if they are just too complex and too hard for you, I'd say it is better for you to not post unless you are 100 % certain you won't break any rules.

I vote that all of those Kurt Cobain threads get unmerged. Vote now!

This

Official Vote: Unmerge

No, merging those threads was the right thing to do - I love Nate too, but too much mang, too much!

What is planning to be done about a certain guy in the discussion and news section that makes claims to having inside information and when asked for a source, completely goes whacko?

It happens too many times to count.

All members are treated consistently via the forum rules -- kinda getting sick of saying it but also... in conjunction with the new forum layout.

Mods - If there is a thread about Scaped, and I think the song is absolutely terrible, what should I do?

You should recognise that "Scraped" is a fucking killer song and start posting positive things in that thread, sweet cheeks!! :kiss:

Why are you still here Mysterion?

Because I have alot of time on my hands due to the great British weather!

So, I thought it best to read here to see what you, and your friends, were posting.

Are you a total junkie and alcoholic?

I think you quite funny, but I cannot imagine a worldwide audience taking to you straight away

Silly me, shame I've only given them since November 2002! Bad Dazey! :confused:

You are a different beast since UK Subs took over the forum.

I actually think you would make a good Mod here. You are on all the time, and respect Subsy.

You are a different beast since UK Subs took over the forum.

I actually think you would make a good Mod here. You are on all the time, and respect Subsy.

Hahaha! So you're calling me a beast now? :( I don't think I'd make a very popular choice for mod somehow. :lol:

That's a low blow mate.

To answer the question; not yet.

You advertise your affection for mind altering substances, to be fair. I'm harsh because I was that many years ago, and my health suffered because of it. I'm fine now, but I had to totally change my lifestyle, and I am hard on people who boast about taking drugs etc.. because they are just not worth it in the long run.

That's a low blow mate.

You advertise your affection for mind altering substances, to be fair. I'm harsh because I was that many years ago, and my health suffered because of it. I'm fine now, but I had to totally change my lifestyle, and I am hard on people who boast about taking drugs etc.. because they are just not worth it in the long run.

this is all off-topic of course, but how did it affect your health? was it the drinking?

That's a low blow mate.

this is all off-topic of course, but how did it affect your health? was it the drinking?

Aye, drinking, and quite alot of drugs. Everything bar heroine. I lived in London for years, working in the music industry, and slightly in the fashion industry too. I had a breakdown in my health probably 2002, so I moved to Scotland. I actually thought I was going to die, it was quite scary.

Aye, drinking, and quite alot of drugs. Everything bar heroine. I lived in London for years, working in the music industry, and slightly in the fashion industry too. I had a breakdown in my health probably 2002, so I moved to Scotland. I actually thought I was going to die, it was quite scary.

Develops an alcohol problem? So he moves to Scotland? :lol: Out of the frying pan and all that eh? :P

Oh and anybody who's had a few decent sessions knows it's no good for you but I don't think it's an issue having a few beers now and then. :shrugs:

Develops an alcohol problem? So he moves to Scotland? :lol: Out of the frying pan and all that eh? :P

Jeremy Kyle could base his show on Scottish folk alone haha