Official "Ask Admin/Mod" a question thread

Snowmass

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to think I may be the longest serving active member right now and that's a trifle worrying. :shocked:

Damn, I had no idea you had been posting for that long! Haha, I've been here since 03' and I don't think we've spoken before. :monkey:

Edited by IndiannaRose

I need to know: are you guys (the mods/admins) going to continue allow people to post auto-playing spam youtube videos in threads? That shit needs to be stopped, with all due respect.

Your report was acted on.

The duplicate posting here really wasn't necessary.

I apologize. I honestly didn't know if it was against the rules or not, hence my exasperated, drama-laden post.

It's just I've been seeing that autoplay stuff more n more and was concerned it fell under acceptable posting standards.

Okay, here is a suggestion bit of a long shot but i've seen it on other forums, any chance of a 'like' button on posts. I mean, it's better than people replying "+1", "agreed" & "this" so it would cut down on uneccesary quoting filling up pages. :)

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Everything would turn into a popularity contest then. No thanks. That's my opinion anyway. People will just have to learn to cut out quotes when they got too long and stop posting a "+1".

Everything would turn into a popularity contest then. No thanks. That's my opinion anyway. People will just have to learn to cut out quotes when they got too long and stop posting a "+1".

Yeah I agree. What he/she is basically asking for is a rep system. On this forum a rep system would just be old band fans and new band fans negrepping eachother into oblivion.

Okay, here is a suggestion bit of a long shot but i've seen it on other forums, any chance of a 'like' button on posts. I mean, it's better than people replying "+1", "agreed" & "this" so it would cut down on uneccesary quoting filling up pages. :)

That won't stop that kind of posts. Useless IMO.

I love that feature :) Then people just replying with "+1" would come off as even more redundant.

I love that feature :) Then people just replying with "+1" would come off as even more redundant.

I'd like that post if it were possible.

Also, why are supporters answering to mod questions?

Greetings and salutations mods and admins, I'm just curious as to why "should axl try acting" is considered controversial and was moved to attitude? I mean, given how loose the moderation has been in regard to indisputably controversial topics and non-band-related discussion which all are allowed to remain in D&N, isn't "should axl try acting" timid by comparison? If it's off-topic shouldn't it go in anything goes or dust n bones? S'all I'm sayin.

Whatever, I'd rather have it deleted than moved to attitude, which still befuddles me.

Edited by Popcorn's Snare

Greetings and salutations mods and admins, I'm just curious as to why "should axl try acting" is considered controversial and was moved to attitude? I mean, given how loose the moderation has been in regard to indisputably controversial topics and non-band-related discussion which all are allowed to remain in D&N, isn't "should axl try acting" timid by comparison? If it's off-topic shouldn't it go in anything goes or dust n bones? S'all I'm sayin.

Whatever, I'd rather have it deleted than moved to attitude, which still befuddles me.

Quit your bitching, at least you didn't get shoved to The Band. Seriously, Who goes there?

Greetings!

I'm the one who moved your thread. Sorry, I should have PM'd you, but I moved a few at once and forgot to.

Attitude isn't *just* for heated debates and, ahem, 'trollish' topics. It was a way of us trying to compromise and please two groups of people -- those who constantly report topics in Discussion and News and complain about negative or silly stuff, and those who maybe aren't quite as supportive of the new lineup and enjoy the criticisms/silly threads. At the end of the day Axl's new lineup does have its fans and they shouldn't have to see all of that stuff when they come on here to check for updates, relevant discussions, etc. We felt like creating Attitude was a good way of naturally separating the discussions so that both groups would be pleased.

Your topic wasn't negative, but to me it read as something a little silly that would inevitably create a lot of off-topic responses and be the exact sort of thing that would annoy certain users. It's not really Discussion and News when you're throwing out such a random idea as Axl becoming an actor and saying he should star in something like Game of Thrones, and I think in the old days of the forum it WOULD have been locked/deleted.

But to me it definitely seemed like something that would be more appropriate in the Attitude section. :popcorn:

When Axl wins a golden globe, you will rue this day! And then my thread can return to D&N.

To me it was really just a joke thread, but with some tangible serious merit and there was no intention of trolling. But perhaps my reputation precedes me. ; )

Honestly I apologize for taking up your time with something as trivial as this for real. I had an emotional moment, leading to my previous post in this thread.

If I donated two hundred dollars, could we arrange a few business like decisions? Perhaps we can discuss a few members; MSL, Axl_morris, SoulMonster, and Popcorn's Snare as well as all satellite accounts being permanently deleted, a purple bolded name, and highvoltage's autograph.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Could there be some kind of rules against the usage of fag.got instead of filtering it? It's extremely annoying to see the same people calling others on the forum "person" all the time.