Official "Ask Admin/Mod" a question thread

Snowmass

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Broskirose

lol they have erased arnold's thread from the forum completely.

we've gone from a thread that would have been left open had it been posted in another section to a thread that can't exist in any section even under lock. this is ridiculous.

Edited by Broskirose

we've gone from a thread that would have been left open had it been posted in another section to a thread that can't exist in any section even under lock. this is ridiculous.

Are you freaking kidding me??? There were some awesome videos posted in there. WTF is wrong with people?

Guest Broskirose

Are you freaking kidding me??? There were some awesome videos posted in there. WTF is wrong with people?

they simply can't admit they made a mistake so they're just going to keep holding their ground. this is going overboard now though.

Just got back. I will post more in this thread tomorrow. Nice to see a small minority spoiling things and not respecting my wishes (and numerous friendly warnings) using this thread for its purpose. I'll clean up/respond in detail (or not) tomorrow in the meantime -- Use this thread for new questions for mods/admin and not to whine and cry about locked threads, problems with members, etc, etc. otherwise I'll have no option to lock/delete this thread and take away the 'open door' policy for members to ask genuine questions.

Some of you need to take notice of this post. I have the patience of a saint however one or two have chanced their luck far too much. To be continued...

Use this thread for new questions for mods/admin and not to whine and cry about locked threads, problems with members, etc, etc. otherwise I'll have no option to lock/delete this thread and take away the 'open door' policy for members to ask genuine questions

There are people whose goal is for this to happen. Please don't let them ruin a good thing.

So with you being such a HUGE New GNR fan as we are constantly reminded by one of your mods, even in an area intended for harsher criticism, is it your plan to come down on the fans of earlier versions of this band?

I was told to ask you about these things since he says you have instructed him to "clean up" the sections. Just what is your motive here to accept donations while having a certain mod here sarcastically reminding critics of the new band that this is YOUR forum and that you are a huge new gnr fan? What are you trying to gain from that method of cleaning? If there is a reason for deleting and/or locking topics in the more abrasive section, just what is it? Is it to suit the band?

Oh, and when I make a post about new tour dates being a continuation of yet another cd tour, could you have the guy/girl not delete my posts in retaliation.

I know many times you have said you don't intend to suppress criticism of the band but that is EXACTLY what is happening. I did not think it was YOUR intention to do so and since I was instructed to ask you, I am.

tl dr: Why is Zint constantly locking topics with a sarcastic message stating that this is YOUR board and that you are a huge New GNR fan?

Guest Broskirose

So with you being such a HUGE New GNR fan as we are constantly reminded by one of your mods, even in an area intended for harsher criticism, is it your plan to come down on the fans of earlier versions of this band?

I was told to ask you about these things since he says you have instructed him to "clean up" the sections. Just what is your motive here to accept donations while having a certain mod here sarcastically reminding critics of the new band that this is YOUR forum and that you are a huge new gnr fan? What are you trying to gain from that method of cleaning? If there is a reason for deleting and/or locking topics in the more abrasive section, just what is it? Is it to suit the band?

Oh, and when I make a post about new tour dates being a continuation of yet another cd tour, could you have the guy/girl not delete my posts in retaliation.

I know many times you have said you don't intend to suppress criticism of the band but that is EXACTLY what is happening. I did not think it was YOUR intention to do so and since I was instructed to ask you, I am.

tl dr: Why is Zint constantly locking topics with a sarcastic message stating that this is YOUR board and that you are a huge New GNR fan?

Yeah, I posted something about this as well. No response.

Y'all don't even know what real oppression is. Try being a Buckethead fan in the latter years of Madison's reign.

That is how she was for a long time. You don't have a monopoly on the games madison played.

I don't feel oppressed. It's not as if any one of these people could oppress anyone on the internet so I think you're taking it wrong and missing the point. I'm just curious why topics is Attitude get the "remember that UK Subs is a huge new GNR fan and this is HIS board;)" treatment. I've seen that several times and it is condescending. If there is a motive to run people off, stand up and say it. The MO at the moment are just like the games madison played.(deleting posts and etc.) Man the fuck up and tell people if you don't want em here.

Edited by Rustycage

Y'all don't even know what real oppression is. Try being a Buckethead fan in the latter years of Madison's reign.

That is how she was for a long time. You don't have a monopoly on the games madison played.

I don't feel oppressed. It's not as if any one of these people could oppress anyone on the internet so I think you're taking it wrong and missing the point. I'm just curious why topics is Attitude get the "remember that UK Subs is a huge new GNR fan and this is HIS board;)" treatment. I've seen that several times and it is condescending. If there is a motive to run people off, stand up and say it. The MO at the moment are just like the games madison played.(deleting posts and etc.) Man the fuck up and tell people if you don't want em here.

From what I've seen, only stupid threads like "Was there sexual tension in GNR" and blatant "I FUCKING HATE AXL ROSE SO MUCH RAHHHHHH" threads get closed. Neither of those are what the Attitude section was intended for.

WARNING *NOT A STAFF POST*

Mod squad feel free to delete my post later for cleanliness, but I must say a few things here.

Here is what I see, as a fan of the band past and present, as a user of this forum. My status as a news reporter having nothing to do with this.

I see a very small handfull of people that before the takeover pushed and pushed to get banned as some sort of trophy, they got their wish...

... all banned members are now back, great! If it were not for the fact that the same small group that were against our policies of past now come to what I consider a VERY open forum that is VERY lenient on the rules and the posts by the users here, to come and try to push some more, push hard to see what is the breaking point of the mods. That is what I am seeing, and as a user here (not staff opinion) it is not only disconcerning but needs to end. I have always said if someone does not want to be here then leave, log out and don't come back. Like I said it is a small group intent on finding the line and crossing it just to say they did then complain about the mods or the site. This site is 1000 times more open to users than it ever was, why the fuck is that not good enough?

To me, hmmph, to watch all Subs and HV as well as all the staff put into this to make it so that everyone can have a good fucking time and be resonable is being pissed on by a group set out to try to destroy it fucking sucks, plain and simple, it fucking sucks.

I am all for allowing EVERY user of past coming back, most of them apprieciated the gesture and have found a place here to call their own, it is just this handfull of users that defy logic.

I don't get it, I don't think I will. The idea here is to enjoy whatever you love about the band or the people in it past or present, we all share at least something here so why try to engage mods and admin over and over, over what I consider petty shit like look I got Zint to lock my thread, or ER said this or that can you believe that? It is childish shit that I thought this group should have grown out of by now, it is really sad to think otherwise IMO.

Oh well, nothing I can do but post about my thoughts regarding the BS I have been seeing lately. As a user there is not one mod here not doing a great job, not one. The staff here worked tiresly to bring this to you the users and to have a few users shit on it is really crappy. You know Zint the guy some of you love to hate? HE IS THE REASON FOR MANY things you love about this new layout. If it was not for Zint working here day and night during our discussions on layout for the new mygnrforum we would not have many sections you all seem to love, ATTITUDE for one, how about Slash? Zint stood out for me during the layout change, why? He put his entire fucking heart into this venture, not taking anything from any other mods or staff but Zint stood out, he fucking worked very very hard. For anyone to shit on him for being a mod or doing mod duties leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Things are not always as you think they are I guess is my point, the staff here does not have a pick on a specific user motto, or a group of users be it Slash fans, BBF fans, Beta fans whoever, this as a staff member here for some time IMO is the most fluid and understanding group of staff I have worked with here, it is fluid and we thought you might enjoy it...

Ramble on'

inb4 :jerkoff::violin: etc etc etc

Just my point of view, I don't hold grudges, let's all just get the fuck along and enjoy life instead of looking for the negative, it truly brings ya down :shrugs:

anyways, I still love MOST of you :rofl-lol: and as most returning members know I get along with anyone, cut the shit

Justin

Edited by gunsguy

From what I've seen, only stupid threads like "Was there sexual tension in GNR" and blatant "I FUCKING HATE AXL ROSE SO MUCH RAHHHHHH" threads get closed. Neither of those are what the Attitude section was intended for.

I think the sexual tension topic was in the main section. I am not talking about that. I haven't seen the other topic you're talking about.

The Attitude section isn't intended for half of the stuff going on there now and it seems to be a result of the filter. Now, it's just a place where everyone calls each other names and shit and talk about Axl versus Slash. It's nothing but a designated trash can. Bash Slash, Bash Steven, Bash Duff or whoever else isn't in GNR right now but if someone is just as persistent about their dislike for DJ, it's "going too far."

I TRY to speak from the outside opinion but often I get lumped in because many people here have created this divide. Hell, I can't comment on the fact that GNR booked new shows by saying that it's more Chinese Democracy touring. Considering they were rumored to be going into the studio after the tour was over, 3 members are starting to write and record supposedly and these shows contradict that. Apparently a comment about THAT is too bad for the main section. Either that or it's just some guys way of retaliating for me showing him to be a liar in another topic. There isn't much rhyme or reason going on right now. I guess when the things I am talking about are locked away in the trash can and not viewed much, I guess it looks like I'm overreacting.

If people want farts of sunshine out of everyone, then say so. If certain people aren't wanted here, say so. Don't feed everyone a line to keep the numbers good and slowly weed people out with games. If that is how it is, then it is how it is.

Take a look at Attitude. Look at the posts. It is all personal attacks. You can call people whatever you want almost until it is some people who wandered into the section and got their feelings hurt. It's like a cluster fuck. There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason and the lack of clarity over it just makes me say WTF. Perhaps if I had said something earlier, I would have been less abrasive about it but that's just me. I will be quiet until I see weird shit and wonder what the deal is.

I'm not saying anyone is oppressed because that would be claiming anyone on the internet has the power to oppress. Just make your intentions known. Don't pussyfoot around it. If this place is intended for 100% positivity over this band, say so. I'll gladly accept that. At least there would be some respect going on there. You can't beat people into submission by playing little power trip games. All that will be done is the younger people will form those little cliques and have a petty forum war and all of that childish bullshit.

I think the sexual tension topic was in the main section. I am not talking about that. I haven't seen the other topic you're talking about.

The Attitude section isn't intended for half of the stuff going on there now and it seems to be a result of the filter. Now, it's just a place where everyone calls each other names and shit and talk about Axl versus Slash. It's nothing but a designated trash can. Bash Slash, Bash Steven, Bash Duff or whoever else isn't in GNR right now but if someone is just as persistent about their dislike for DJ, it's "going too far."

I TRY to speak from the outside opinion but often I get lumped in because many people here have created this divide. Hell, I can't comment on the fact that GNR booked new shows by saying that it's more Chinese Democracy touring. Considering they were rumored to be going into the studio after the tour was over, 3 members are starting to write and record supposedly and these shows contradict that. Apparently a comment about THAT is too bad for the main section. Either that or it's just some guys way of retaliating for me showing him to be a liar in another topic. There isn't much rhyme or reason going on right now. I guess when the things I am talking about are locked away in the trash can and not viewed much, I guess it looks like I'm overreacting.

If people want farts of sunshine out of everyone, then say so. If certain people aren't wanted here, say so. Don't feed everyone a line to keep the numbers good and slowly weed people out with games. If that is how it is, then it is how it is.

Take a look at Attitude. Look at the posts. It is all personal attacks. You can call people whatever you want almost until it is some people who wandered into the section and got their feelings hurt. It's like a cluster fuck. There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason and the lack of clarity over it just makes me say WTF. Perhaps if I had said something earlier, I would have been less abrasive about it but that's just me. I will be quiet until I see weird shit and wonder what the deal is.

I'm not saying anyone is oppressed because that would be claiming anyone on the internet has the power to oppress. Just make your intentions known. Don't pussyfoot around it. If this place is intended for 100% positivity over this band, say so. I'll gladly accept that. At least there would be some respect going on there. You can't beat people into submission by playing little power trip games. All that will be done is the younger people will form those little cliques and have a petty forum war and all of that childish bullshit.

Oh you poor innocent bitch. I have tried ignoring you for as long as it's been since you decided to stick your nose into my business again. I would actually prefer it if you followed half of the bullshit you were whining about there. Since you don't, you should probably be ignored by those you're begging attention from.