Why does Axl refuse to play Silkworms?

saber_

Why does Axl refuse to play Silkworms? What do you think his reasoning is?

It's a good song. People should bring inflatable silkworms to shows. Write "play silkworms" on an inflatable silkworm and hold it up. That would blow their minds. And it's ironic or something.

edit: fixed topic description clipping last two letters (it allows you to type more than it displays)

Edited by Popcorn's Snare

It's a good song. People should bring inflatable silkworms to shows. Write "play silkworms" on an inflatable silkworm and hold it up. That would blow their minds. And it's ironic or something.

i wish he would i really like silkworms :(

i said in a post once where i would like to see 1 night or so billed hardcore fans night where they played alot of the less played gnr songs like silkworms,oh my god, right next door to hell and stuff like that

i said in a post once where i would like to see 1 night or so billed hardcore fans night where they played alot of the less played gnr songs like silkworms,oh my god, right next door to hell and stuff like that

I mentioned something similair a while back too. If they actually made it clear that they'd be doing unplayed/rare stuff then obviously they'd get a crowd who would be appreciative of them doing something different as opposed to someone who only knows the hits standing and moaning that they're not playing Sweet Child. Also as much as they rehearse those songs in a studio, they won't know how well they work until they're played in front of a live crowd. I think also if they did 2 or 3 shows like this it could give them confidence to maybe bring those type of songs into the normal sets a bit more often.

same here! Imagine if they played Dont Damn Me for the first time ever... i think its a good song for the band to shine (besides new material)

Guest Broskirose

Well we know the band is ready to play it. Bumblefoot got it on the alphasetlist at one point, but they never played it and it hasn't been on it in a while. Don't think we'll hear it any time soon. Hopefully it's on the next album.

I mentioned something similair a while back too. If they actually made it clear that they'd be doing unplayed/rare stuff then obviously they'd get a crowd who would be appreciative of them doing something different as opposed to someone who only knows the hits standing and moaning that they're not playing Sweet Child. Also as much as they rehearse those songs in a studio, they won't know how well they work until they're played in front of a live crowd. I think also if they did 2 or 3 shows like this it could give them confidence to maybe bring those type of songs into the normal sets a bit more often.

yeah exactly people who go will be the more hardcore and less casual and will (if marketed right) know songs like november rain and sweet child wont be played and then maybe play 2 or 3 new tracks as well

it would be awesome to do

same here! Imagine if they played Dont Damn Me for the first time ever... i think its a good song for the band to shine (besides new material)

that would be awesome and something even hardcore fans wouldnt expect lol

Guest Broskirose

My dream is that Silkworms, OMG, Blood In The Water etc, make up the next album. I want a NIN industrial mean machine, spinal fucking in your face electronic rock record that makes the soccer dads stuck in the 80s cry.

Unfortunatly Ashba, one of the most uncreative, generic failures of a musician on the planet intends on raping everything we've been waiting years for and making a generic cock rock album.

Seriously Axl, fire him. What the fuck is wrong with you?

Edited by Broskirose

edit: fixed topic description clipping last two letters (it allows you to type more than it displays)

Eh, I didn't think it was a very good song to begin with. You have an idea where to even get an inflatable silkworm?

Probably because most people that attend the shows only know the songs that are on the albums, most of them probably don't go looking for the unreleased stuff.

Hence the whole point of them making it clear that this would be a show(s) for people who do want to hear something different.

If they did it in a fairly intimate venue without a huge production they could essentially bill it as an "open rehearsal".

Fair enough your average punter on the street might not be interested if they're not getting to hear the hits but I'm sure there's more than enough fans (especially forum types) who would be more than intrigued to see the band (and Axl) push themselves a bit and try something different/new.

Well somebody could always drag in a half dead hooker with 'a pussy full of maggots' and throw her onstage as a subtle hint.

You have an idea where to even get an inflatable silkworm?

Sort of:

http://www.kaiqi-toy.com/en/productshow/kq10219c-chuncan-224.html

2012.6.1-11.28.6-8980.jpg

And this, although it would take 3 days to grow before the show:

http://jingetoys.en.alibaba.com/product/228175142-50200054/Sell_Growing_Toys_Growing_Silkworm_Toys.html

Sell_Growing_Toys_Growing_Silkworm_Toys.jpg

Haha, best I can do on such short notice. Perhaps an inflatable caterpillar will work in a pinch.

Edited by Popcorn's Snare

My dream is that Silkworms, OMG, Blood In The Water etc, make up the next album. I want a NIN industrial mean machine, spinal fucking in your face electronic rock record that makes the soccer dads stuck in the 80s cry.

Unfortunatly Ashba, one of the most uncreative, generic failures of a musician on the planet intends on raping everything we've been waiting years for and making a generic cock rock album.

Seriously Axl, fire him. What the fuck is wrong with you?

HA! Im sure the decisions hinge on the cuntastic concepts that Broskirose posts on forums :lol:

Guest Broskirose

a few possible reasons:

1. it's never been officially released.

2. the majority of the audience would have no idea what it is.

3. it might still be under consideration for future records.

4. it may have been decided that it won't ever be released.

1. it wasn't released in 2001 either and they played it then

2. even less people knew it in 2001 when it was played

3. it was under consideration for future records in 2001

4. it was on the alphasetlist last year so they clearly had intentions of possibly playing it

Is it because Bucket left. That sounds like something Bucket did. But Dizzy and Pitman wrote it?

I think would be cool if one song per show was a wild card. Whether its Anything goes, right Next door to hell, silkworms.