If Slash hadn't left...

SunnyDRE

I think they would still be at least"U2 Big"....

If GNR came back in 2004 with Izzy, Duff, and Slash, but the only thing is Slash would've had to have been fine with a second keyboardist and another lead guitarist on top of that. Or Axl would have had to agree to keep it straightforward rock and roll. It's also possible that Dave Kushner would've been in Izzy's spot, which prob. would've worked. They would've renegotiated their contract with Geffen if they had 2 albums worth of material.

Then you would've had a part VR album, part ChiDem album and prob. a follow up in '06. Still would've been a lot of songs, but at that pace, would've had no problem selling out arenas.

U2 did face dilemmas with "Pop" and "All That You Can't Leave Behind" though, but they did better at planning out high profile appearances and maintaining a setlist that kept older fans coming back to the shows. U2 360 was an expensive tour, but it raked in 750 million dollars just in ticket sales, prob. a billion when you factor in swag sales. Bono says he's not a billionaire, but the band's management relocated to Holland for tax reasons. Someone wrote about some of Bono's investments tanking, so he might be right.

But "No Line on the Horizon" prob. sold slightly more than ChiDem worldwide, but I don't recall it doing that well after the first week.

If GNR had worked on side projects for a decade instead of watching it collapse, it's still hard to say by the time they got back together in 2001-2002, if they even wanted to. I think at the time the greatest hits thing was pushed on them, had they been on a break instead of feuding, prob. would've fought that off harder.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hhahahah the guy that agreed with you has me blocked because i've proved him wrong so many times.

you still didn't even acknowledge most of the points i countered.

at least you now admit axl never said his twitter was hacked. stick to the truth in the future. it'll be easier for you.

MSL, Axl communicates through spokespeople. If he didn't, there would have been some form of retraction and/or legal action towards the publication.

There wasn't any of these. So, unless you wish to argue that celebrities do not communicate through 3rd parties, it's time to stfu.

hhahahah the guy that agreed with you has me blocked because i've proved him wrong so many times.

at least you now admit axl never said his twitter was hacked. stick to the truth in the future. it'll be easier for you.

MSL, Axl communicates through spokespeople. If he didn't, there would have been some form of retraction and/or legal action towards the publication.

There wasn't any of these. So, unless you wish to argue that celebrities do not communicate through 3rd parties, it's time to stfu.

Peter just stop you are embarrassing yourself. MSL is correct you are not. Man up and just admit it.

Edited by volcano62

The reason I have MSL blocked is he is retarded. Part of the reason is he thinks he's always right but the main reason is shit like "I'll bet you ten thousand dollars!" "I went to university when I was 11" and generally being a condecending asshole instead of having a conversation. He comes here all day every day and only responds to people he disagrees with, looks for tiny little mistakes and writes paragraphs about them then proclaims he's some sort of internet gnr super-cop. Just a total blind, arrogant, idiot basically.

Mind you the whole "I'll bet you ten thousand and take a polygraph I did take a bubblebath with a girl today" thread was one of the funniest things I've ever read online so there's times I feel I should unblock him.

And by the way, Soul Monster couldn't catch a cold.

Not only do I have a great immune system but I also corrected you when you claimed that Axl only recently have taken responsibility for the late starts. I win. And win.

You win the prize pal, that's for sure. Infact, I have footage of it:

Soul Monster collecting his prize from MSL, after "winning" an argument-

Why did you post a picture of a guy with Down syndrome? Do you often tactlessly lunge out after having been proven wrong? One would think you would be accustomed to it by now.

Considering I wasn't proven wrong and had another forum member agree how ridiculous MSL's argument was, I don't see how your comment applies.

You claimed that Axl only recently took responsibility for the late starts, I pointed out that you are wrong: he has taken responsibility for it many years ago, too. That is all. I don't understand why you insist on lingering on the issue of you being wrong. But I guess being wrong is just a facet of your personality that you've come to accept and not even attempt to adjust. Unless it is being born with the wrong gender, of course, which really suggests just how ingrained your inherent wrongness is in your DNA when it causes your own chromosomes and mind (as it is) to start arguing.

And why are you bringing in MSL? My discussion with you has nothing to do with your discussion with MSL. Try to focus now.

Axl communicates through his twitter, open letters and message board posts.

Why would a publication have to issue a retraction for claiming GNR's camp had said Axl's twitter was hacked when they did say that?

Celebrities sometimes communicate through third parties, but that doesn't change the fact that you said Axl claimed something that he never claimed.

Furthermore, even if his twitter had been hacked, how does that establish a pattern of Axl blaming others for things they didn't do?

So either way, you're making no sense.

Time to figure out your next lie.

But before you do that, maybe you should figure out if you're male or female. Last we spoke, you still hadn't decided.

Yes, that's right MSL...there's no pattern of Axl blaming others. That's why he has maintained a consistent circle of friends, bandmates and managers for over 20 years.

Edit: Mommy Beta, and the hanger on kiddies don't count.

Edited by Peter Shneck

The reason I have MSL blocked is he is retarded. Part of the reason is he thinks he's always right but the main reason is shit like "I'll bet you ten thousand dollars!" "I went to university when I was 11" and generally being a condecending asshole instead of having a conversation. He comes here all day every day and only responds to people he disagrees with, looks for tiny little mistakes and writes paragraphs about them then proclaims he's some sort of internet gnr super-cop. Just a total blind, arrogant, idiot basically.

Mind you the whole "I'll bet you ten thousand and take a polygraph I did take a bubblebath with a girl today" thread was one of the funniest things I've ever read online so there's times I feel I should unblock him.

I think you are intimidated by MSL and his wits, knowledge and no nonesense attitude. MSL is all over your guys' bullshit.

I think you are intimidated by MSL and his wits, knowledge and no nonesense attitude. MSL is all over your guys' bullshit.

MSL is all over everything, every where he goes. So, I give you that. True comment.

Intimidated... lol. No, he's just incredibly arrogant. There's other posters who post strictly to defend Axl who I actually like. Sailaway is good for example. It's the attitude. Now, I'm going to sound like a cock here myself, but the attitude of the guy is what I can't stand, there's a few others like that who I'm close to blocking but I'll tell you it's not because they defend Axl so much it's just their style and attitude. *cough* finck6 (or whatever his name is) *cough*

EDIT: MSL also only ever talks in absolutes, I'm right you're wrong, ten page arguments, etc. It's fucking bullshit man the dude doesn't agree or have conversations at all. I've seriously limited the amount of arguments I see by blocking him. Now I just see the replies of those who get sucked in by his "I want to argue all day" attitude.

Edited by The_Universal_Sigh

Yes, that's right MSL...there's no pattern of Axl blaming others. That's why he has maintained a consistent circle of friends, bandmates and managers for over 20 years.

now you're back to generalizing because when you actually gave examples previously, it was an epic disaster for you.

all the while attempting to discuss ANYTHING other than the original point of contention, which was that for some reason you were under the impression that slash would have been okay with GNR just using a few cuts from 5 o clock.

which is completely 100% untrue and has been documented to death over the years.

but since you were dead wrong about that, you tried to change the subject. then, you were dead wrong again. so now, you're trying to play it safe with generalities.

MSL, we can go around all day. I provided you with numerous articles which stated that media outlets spoke to the GNR camp. You should know by now that GNR is ruled with an iron fist, and no-one spins shit......ok ok, maybe DJ Ashba is the exception there, but he's just ditzy DJ, we all know that.

MSL, we can go around all day. I provided you with numerous articles which stated that media outlets spoke to the GNR camp. You should know by now that GNR is ruled with an iron fist, and no-one spins shit.

You provided me with numerous articles which stated something I already knew (something that was different from what you had said). You can go around all day if you want, but we both know you were wrong.

Just like you were wrong about 5 o clock, which is why you changed the subject to begin with.

MSL, I have given proof and included sources. The entire thread you have just been talking out of your arse. To use MSL logic until you provide proof of your claims, you are wrong and I am right. Even if you provide such sources, I will say that Slash never said those words because he never spoke to me directly and face to face about the matter.

So back up that Slash said he wanted ALL OR NOTHING regarding 5 O'Clock........oh, and if it's going to be a quote from Axl, I'm sorry but that's just too biased for me.

Otherwise, stfu.

Edited by Peter Shneck

Huh, I gave u sources that proves beyond doubt Axl said through spokespeople his account was hacked. Are u normal?

incorrect again. gnr camp claimed to the media the twitter was hacked. axl said nothing. you did not give sources that proved axl said anything, because axl said NOTHING. his representatives never even claimed that he said anything. all they said was that it was a hack. they never said he said that or how they knew that.

so for you to write that axl had claimed something he never claimed was a LIE.

a lie you CONTINUE to perpetuate . . . and you look more and more desperate as time goes on.

still cracks me up that you thought i wasn't familiar with the twitter situation.

do you really think you're going to know more than me about anything having to do with GNR? srsly? hahahahha

Anyway, you know I'm right MSL. Good talking to you all!

They never would have put out another great album. Slash and Axl had conflicting ideas on the future of the band and that was their downfall.

Something we actually agree on Cardi.................... and Slash might be dead from his vices by now...............

Huh, I gave u sources that proves beyond doubt Axl said through spokespeople his account was hacked. Are u normal?

incorrect again. gnr camp claimed to the media the twitter was hacked. axl said nothing. you did not give sources that proved axl said anything, because axl said NOTHING. his representatives never even claimed that he said anything. all they said was that it was a hack. they never said he said that or how they knew that.

so for you to write that axl had claimed something he never claimed was a LIE.

a lie you CONTINUE to perpetuate . . . and you look more and more desperate as time goes on.

still cracks me up that you thought i wasn't familiar with the twitter situation.

do you really think you're going to know more than me about anything having to do with GNR? srsly? hahahahha

Axl probably wrote everything on that twitter account while he was drunk and then had to recant it pronto and the only way to save face was to say it was hacked.

and Slash might be dead from his vices by now...............

Duff also

Everything happened for a reason IMO

Worked out for everyone I think................ except the reunionist fans

Yep. The rock fans have Slash who's putting out hard rock music that they want to hear and wouldn't have gotten with GNR, and the people who like more progressive UYI-ish music have CD.

and Slash might be dead from his vices by now...............

Duff also

Everything happened for a reason IMO

Worked out for everyone I think................ except the reunionist fans

Yep. The rock fans have Slash who's putting out hard rock music that they want to hear and wouldn't have gotten with GNR, and the people who like more progressive UYI-ish music have CD.

Yes, when the duo just split up I think we got the best out of it. We might argue that the sum was better than the parts, but alas, that was just history.