Guns N' Roses - 2002 Vma - Rehearsal - New Clip - MyGnR Exclusive

Guns-10years

If Axl or Team Brazil check out the boards, topics like this should be the coffee and small of bacon that wakes them up.

Fans are freaking out over a 5 second recording where Axl sounds absolutely terrible. And they are willing to pay cash money for rehearsal footage. We have seen every song on YouTube 2000 times. But people are willing to pay for rehearsal footage of three old songs!!!

Now imagine what fans would pay for.......box set anybody? Leftover CD songs, remix songs, re-recorded appetite, live album, acoustic album, footage of the band - on stage and off stage....

Or release an EP for Christmas, 4 new songs, 4 acoustic versions (catcher, Twat, better and one of the slow songs) and them a double album next summer. One featuri ng the best 15 remaining CD leftovers/big guns, and one featuring songs created by the new band. So simple.

MLS claims the last album sold over 5 million copies. There is a huge market for this band. Fans are craving new music. There is no reason to wait 8 years I'm between albums. The more music this band releases, the more it shuts up all the Axl haters, and allows this band to earn a spot in GnR history.

Everybody wins. Axl, the band, the label, the fans.

+1.

RELEASE SOMETHING. Live album, live DVD, demos album, new album, SOMETHING... <_<

Does anyone know how much the guy who had the clip wanted for it? Its gonna be no problem collecting 1000 dollars on this forum. We already have 300. The clip lasts for about 45 minutes and it includes Buckethead. We collect tge money and transfer it to a account wich Madison or another moderator can handle. So the leakers name wouldt be all over the world wide web.rock3

i live in the hope that one day it leaks

We are allowed to have dreams m8. But i think we got a better shot if we collect a "2k2vma rehearsal found" rock3 . If people are intersted i can set up a mygnrforum entropay account.

And Madison,Darknemus or Spoon87 can have controll over it. This way we know the cash will be locked up safe. Dont know how much this guy are looking for but collecting 10 000$ shouldent

be a problem. This rehearsal is a must see for every gnr fan. Its the most mystic lineup gnr ever had. And there was a argument going on between Axl and Buckhead.Smells epic to me. :xmasssanta:

morris -

i dont remember anyone asking him about the cancelled HOB DVD, but i could be wrong.

Axl was asked about a DVD release. Can't remember for sure if it was referring to the HOB show. Axl's response was "what DVD ?"

i live in the hope that one day it leaks

We are allowed to have dreams m8. But i think we got a better shot if we collect a "2k2vma rehearsal found" rock3 . If people are intersted i can set up a mygnrforum entropay account.

And Madison,Darknemus or Spoon87 can have controll over it. This way we know the cash will be locked up safe. Dont know how much this guy are looking for but collecting 10 000$ shouldent

be a problem. This rehearsal is a must see for every gnr fan. Its the most mystic lineup gnr ever had. And there was a argument going on between Axl and Buckhead.Smells epic to me. :xmasssanta:

axl and bucket argue? sweet

also if i remember rightly didn't the guy who has it say he wanted to trade only ? or was that the HOB guy?

Pretty sweet yes. Forget about HOB. This rehearsal is the intersting one. :popcorn:

Forget about that DVD...

HOB was filmed for a DVD, that was announced. Hammerstein was filmed for a DVD, that was announced as well.

Lush Productions filmed the Euro Tour in 2006 for a documentary, that was also announced:

What Lush Production filmed ended up being used on the official video of Better, there was a snippet on the GNR MySpace.

The South American Tour on 2010 was also taped for a documentary by the Dale 'Rage' Reghestini Crew.

Last year director Murray Mile released a montage on his website, check it out: http://www.murraymile.com/projects.html

It's the one on the top, on the middle.

He used to have a big HD verison on his vimeo, but for some unknown reason, he took it off. Fortunately, I managed to download it while it was still up: http://www.4shared.com/video/3q7DsKM-/Guns_N_Roses_-_2010_South_Amer.html

He said a few words about the Documentary, which is called "Guns N' Roses - Forever Together":

Before the tour:

Now, just found out today, That I'll be flying out to Brazil March 5th for a Guns and Roses Shoot. Working with a well known Director that has shot over 500 music videos in the last 3 to 4 years. His body of works consist of, P. Diddy, Soulja Boy, Fall Out Boy, Akon, T.I., The Game, and more. The list goes on. If you haven't heard of him, his name is RAGE. Check him out.

After the tour:

Guns N' Roses Documentary in South America was a great experience unlike any other. The footage looks amazing. Hopefully in a few weeks, I'll be able to show off some of the footage/screen grabs.

GNR 2010 SAT Montage is here...

October 13, 2010

After some what of a long busy year, I have been trying to put together a montage for the GNR South America Tour. Well, it's finally here. I just uploaded it to the net last night, and I have to say, I'm blown away of the amount emails that I received in the last 12 hours.

First off, I would like to say, thanks for the kind words everyone. Second, I will do my best to answer everyone's questions as well. From what I gathered, majority of the emails are on a fan bases, which is fine. So, this is what I'm going to do. I'll wait it out for another 7 days, while more emails pour in. Then take the reoccurring questions and post them on my next blog with the answers. Sound good? good!

If you (GNR Fans), want to embed the video, you will have to go to my vimeo profile. click here, to access the montage video.

I'm not going to lie, but I miss South America. Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll be seeing you soon!

-

GNR Documentary Q&A

October 21, 2010

I know that I promise some answers within the week. There has been a tremendous response from the South America Montage. Just on the first day of the release, I received over 80 plus emails. After a week, It's been a long read of amazing complements and questions. Those questions have been sorted out and today I'm going to answer the ones that I feel are necessary. There's only so much I can answer without addressing these questions to the GNR team. My answers will be veritable as possible. Hopefully for those of you, this will shed some light.

"I was wondering when a DVD will be released? I know that they were shooting for every venue. When can we expect that?"

This was the most common question. As you know, our team was shooting the documentary of only the South America tour. GNR hired another crew to shoot for DVD. The DVD crew shot every venue, there for, they'll be releasing a DVD for each venue in PAL. As for the expected date of release, I'm sorry, I would not know that. It could take quite some time.

"Is GNR planing to release a full documentary with the South America tour footage? If so, when can we see it? Are they planning on releasing it this year?"

Yes, of course. Now that doesn't mean that the "Full" documentary will be all South America. It can be a documentary base on the band and their journey, which means, involving other tours as well. As for a given release date, I'm going to have to shake my head on this one as well. I have no idea. Documentaries can take a while. That's up to the GNR Team.

"What's the montage for? Is this footage a snippet of an official release or is this montage as far as the footage goes in terms of what we'll see officially?"

I'm glade a dozen of you asked this question regarding the montage. The montage was something that I wanted to do, and yes, I was given promise to do so. What you see in the montage will most likely be seen in the documentary. That being said, you can look at it as a snippet of what you'll be seeing in the documentary. Trust me, I wanted to add more to the montage but it would be way to long. Knowing that we shot over 60 hours of footage. There's a lot of great material that we captured and I'm sure will be seeing it sometime soon.

These questions were most common when sorting my emails. If you have any other questions, please go to the vimeo page where the video lives and post a comment with your question. I'll make sure to answer any of your questions/concerns. I know that some of my answers weren't what you expected but I hope you understand.

Guns N' Roses lately used some footage of this documentary in a promo:

It's so infuriating to know how much stuff they're sitting on. Why spend all the money, and all the effort to record, edit, and produce hundreds of hours of footage and material and never release it? Surely Axl doesn't just sit at home and watch this stuff for his own enjoyment. When you have a starving fanbase, releasing something like a documentary would be the next best thing to a new album. People would eat the shit like candy. It's always been a mystery to me...

The Axl and Bucket "fight" has been a rumor for a while. I remember someone saying it was just a few words from Axl in a negative way that are being exaggerated as a "fight."

Ofc there wasent a fight like in punches :bitchfight: . There was screeming and yelling!

It's so infuriating to know how much stuff they're sitting on. Why spend all the money, and all the effort to record, edit, and produce hundreds of hours of footage and material and never release it? Surely Axl doesn't just sit at home and watch this stuff for his own enjoyment. When you have a starving fanbase, releasing something like a documentary would be the next best thing to a new album. People would eat the shit like candy. It's always been a mystery to me...

And that is the hardest part about being a fan of Axl.

Look at Metallica. Love them or hate them, they care about their fans.

In a 15 year period, they released (my numbers could be 1-2 off on some of this, I looked it up about a month ago and don't remember specifically each total) something crazy like 5 studio albums, 4 EPS of unreleased music in between the studio albums, a concert DVD, a documentary of the band and a DVD featuring all the videos the band had ever done. I think there was even a couple other odd things thrown in there.

Axl is rumored to have two more albums worth of material from the CD era (at least, if not more), numerous shows were filmed, appetite was rerecorded (for practice?), a remix album.......................and all that has been released to the fans the last 15 years is ONE album of music.

It is his life and his band, so he can do whatever he wants.

But it would sure be amazing if somebody could convince him that millions of fans would kill/love to have more music from him and the band.

Can you imagine what an AMAZING TREAT it would be for all of his fans, if Axl released a box set this christmas that included 2 CD albums, 1 remix album (half BOTW and Better remix type, and half acoustic), live CD, DVD concert footage, backstage documentary footage of the band..............that would be absolutely amazing.

I would literally spend $100 on that, tell my work I'm taking a 4-day weekend, tell the family I love them, and then take the boat out to our cabin and spend 4 days just taking it all in.

Team Brazil..........convince Axl to release all the old stuff - music, video, everything - in a box set. Set the record clean, clean off the slate, and start fresh with the new band. Just release all of the old stuff in time for christmas. Axl and the boys can then take a year off to relax and vacation and write on their own, do solo projects, whatever.

Then a year from now, have the band get together to record an album created ONLY by the current members. Get that record in time for summer and start touring again.

Everybody wins. Especially the fans.

I think there is so many people involved in/with the recordings (musicians, producers, managers, etc. etc.) that it's not as simple as it sounds to just release some of the old stuff for Axl..

Maybe he thinks it's not worth it and wants to focus on what is happening right now? I'm just guessing, but it could be the old recordings are only half done, and those involved has either left or been fired by now? I doubt Axl would release anything half done, and I think he wants the current band to release something that is 100% their product.

As a fan, I would love to see all of it.

I have a feeling after this tour they will go into the studio. God knows how long it will take before it's released though..

Edited by Jeez

Looks like the Mickey Mouse was in full effect even before the show. Seriously, I'd love to get an official reason for Axl using that voice. I know there has to be one.

Probably as simple as him trying not to hurt his vocal chords the way he did on tour back in the day.

Hurt? He sounded awsome before. Now? Meh

Quit making exuses for him, why would anyone do that?

And since he is saving his voice, when do you think he will give us hes real voice again?

LOL, cant you realize he just cant sing anymore?

Edited by ROFLFOOT

Looks like the Mickey Mouse was in full effect even before the show. Seriously, I'd love to get an official reason for Axl using that voice. I know there has to be one.

Probably as simple as him trying not to hurt his vocal chords the way he did on tour back in the day.

And since he is saving his voice, when do you think he will give us hes real voice again?

I agree that he didn't hurt his vocal chords back in the day because he sounded awful in '91 but kicked ass in '93. But to say he "just can't sing anymore" is oversimplifying it. He's shown us glimpses over the past two years of how he does still have his amazing 2010 voice, but he's choosing not to use it. If he simply didn't have it anymore, he wouldn't've been able to pull a vocal out like this just last month:

I agree that he didn't hurt his vocal chords back in the day because he sounded awful in '91 but kicked ass in '93. But to say he "just can't sing anymore" is oversimplifying it. He's shown us glimpses over the past two years of how he does still have his amazing 2010 voice, but he's choosing not to use it. If he simply didn't have it anymore, he wouldn't've been able to pull a vocal out like this just last month:

yeah he choosing not to use it for some reason, didnt someone ask axl in 2001 why his voice sounded the way it did and axl said something along the lines that he was just trying a new way to sing?

yeah he choosing not to use it for some reason, didnt someone ask axl in 2001 why his voice sounded the way it did and axl said something along the lines that he was just trying a new way to sing?

Yep that's it. Axl has been saving his voice since at least 2001. That's 11 years of singing like Mickey Mouse on purpose to save his voice.

Now, what exactly is he saving his voice for? The amazing old lineup comeback or something?

I don't see the logic of singing like Mickey Mouse now, so he might have some rasp left when he's 70..

It's a silly excuse by blind fans.

He is a 50 year old smoker who has been touring and singing his ass off for years. He still able to pull it off sometimes, while other times we get the Mickey Mouse voice.

It's bullshit.

No vocalist would ever go on a tour to sing horrible on purpose... I especially doubt someone such as Axl would do that.

He wouldn't do another 3 months tour if he had to save his voice. It's really that simple.

It's time to realize Axl isn't 20 years old anymore. It's impossible for him to sing like he used to.

I doubt he is saving his voice for anything. He is going on stage, doing his best and giving us a kick ass show with everything he's got.

And in my opinion he is doing a really good job. He still got it, and he is without a doubt the best frontman ever.

Oh and btw, I think the "Mickey Mouse voice" is a way more suitable description for Miles Kennedy.

Edited by Jeez

He is a 50 year old smoker who has been touring and singing his ass off for years. He still able to pull it off sometimes, while other times we get the Mickey Mouse voice.

So then why did he sound amazing all the way through at the age of 48? And why does he use Mickey ALWAYS on some songs (with exceptions, like the one time he used rasp for Paradise City) and use rasp ALWAYS on others?

No vocalist would ever go on a tour to sing horrible on purpose.. You don't save your voice by singing like Mickey Mouse..

Ah, the horrible part is subjective. He's still hitting all the right notes, and remember, he only sings with Mickey sometimes. In '02, he sang with Mickey the whole time and yet, four years later, he randomly busted out full rasp. This shows that he can turn it on and off.

If he had to save his voice, he wouldn't be doing this tour right after the other tour, and the other tour, and the one before that.

He's said before he wanted to tour CD properly. I take it this means he wants to tour it to pieces before getting crackin' on a new album.

It's time to realize Axl isn't 20 years old anymore.

Well, nobody gives a shit about if 20-year-old Axl and 50-year-old Axl sound the same because Axl wasn't singing high/in his trademark rasp when he was 20. :lol: But anyway, I don't think we're expecting him to sound the same as his young self. TWO YEARS AGO, he sounded fantastic. And there are still glimpses of awesome spotted throughout the tour. Nearly the entire Philly show this year was nice and raspy. Clearly, he still has it in him. For whatever reason, he's choosing to blend the two voices. I have to assume it's because singing the way he did in 2010 was taxing, and this formula is allowing him to do 3 hour shows, which is what he's expressed a desire in accomplishing since the '90s. You also have to remember that people who go to the shows think he sounds amazing, so obviously, he knows he can get away with it. And if it's less taxing and he can get away with it, why not use the Mickey voice?

Edited by Kill Devil Hill