Guns N' Roses - 2002 Vma - Rehearsal - New Clip - MyGnR Exclusive

Guns-10years

And why does he use Mickey ALWAYS on some songs (with exceptions, like the one time he used rasp for Paradise City) and use rasp ALWAYS on others?

I assume some songs are easier for him to sing? He said in the TMS interview he has troubles singing You Could Be Mine for instance..

Ah, the horrible part is subjective. He's still hitting all the right notes, and remember, he only sings with Mickey sometimes. In '02, he sang with Mickey the whole time and yet, four years later, he randomly busted out full rasp. This shows that he can turn it on and off.

No it doesn't. It proves that even he is human and has his days where he is able to pull it off..

Take RIR 2012 as an example. He sang basically every song like Mickey Mouse. It was truly horrible. A huge show that was also broadcasted. Saving his voice then doesn't make sense..

He's said before he wanted to tour CD properly. I take it this means he wants to tour it to pieces before getting crackin' on a new album.

Do you call singing like mickey mouse on purpose touring Chinese Democracy properly?

Edited by Jeez

I assume some songs are easier for him to sing? He said in the TMS interview he has troubles singing You Could Be Mine for instance..

You think Estranged is as difficult to sing as YCBM? He never uses rasp on Estranged (save once or twice). Or how about Sorry? November Rain? All three of these songs are easier to sing than Jungle and Rosie, yet he delivers rasp on the latter two and not on the former three.

He's seldom been able to sing YCBM correctly live anyway, to be fair. I can only think of two instances since the song came out where he did it justice (Argentina '93 and, believe it or not, TWO YEARS AGO when he sang with Duff).

No it doesn't. It proves that even he is human and has his days where he is able to pull it off..

Take RIR 2012 as an example. He sang basically every song like Mickey Mouse. It was truly horrible. A huge show that was also broadcasted. Saving his voice then doesn't make sense..

"He has days where he is able to pull it off." We're not talking about days. We're talking about entire year spans where he sings with rasp or sings with Mickey. That's not just him having bad days. He was doing something different. Back in the day, I would've agreed with you and said he lost his voice, but he bounced back years later.

RIR '11 was bad for multiple reasons. It wasn't just Mickey. He was breathless, he barely moved, he was offkey, he was in an awful raincoat, he was bloated, he forgot the words to November Rain and Patience, etc. Basically, he came across as completely unprepared. That was the biggest complaint on this site during the RIR broadcast. We were all pissed that he was so unprepared.

He can sing with Mickey for half the night and get great reviews for his voice. That's what's been happening all tour long. I was just on a Maiden forum, and one guy who had started a thread calling Axl fat and awful for the RIR IV show just posted in it again a few days ago to say he just came back from a GN'R show (on Sunday -- which show was that? Serbia?) and Axl "sounded phenomenal during this whole night." So it's not necessarily that the Mickey voice automatically makes songs sound bad.

Someone posted in another thread (Jordan Rose?) that he thought one of the best versions of Street of Dreams was the one from Philly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrBndJEGev8

I actually agree with him. I think the mix of Mickey and rasp sounds better than the sometimes harsh full-on rasp Axl would do in 2010. I think this performance shows there's a place for Mickey somewhere.

Do you call singing like mickey mouse on purpose touring Chinese Democracy properly?

No, I call bringing the Chinese Democracy tour to as many countries as possible "touring Chinese Democracy properly."

Look man.. We're not gonna agree here.

If there were 1-2 songs in the end of the set every other night, you might be able to convince me. But singing the same songs like mickey mouse every night is proof that it's simply how he sings now.

You're even saying it yourself.. "He's shown us glimpses over the past two years". So he has only been singing his best through some glimpses past the last two years? While with everything else he has been saving his voice? Ha ha.

Let's agree to disagree?

Anyway, I'd like to ask you what exactly is he saving his voice for? Obviously he can never sing with that rasp in the future either, since he got to save his voice?

And could you please explain me how singing like Mickey Mouse saves your voice in the first place?

Edited by Jeez

Look man.. We're not gonna agree here.

If there was 1-2 songs in the end of the set every night, you might be able to convince me. But singing the same songs like mickey mouse every night is proof that it's simply just how he sings.

You're even saying it yourself.. "He's shown us glimpses over the past two years". So he has only been singing his best through some glimpses past the last two years? While with everything else he has been saving his voice? Ha ha.

I think he thinks every once in awhile, "Eh, it won't kill me," and just busts it out. The fact that he is consistently singing the same songs in the same way (rasp EVERY SINGLE TIME on Jungle, no rasp EVERY SINGLE TIME on YCBM) shows me that it's very deliberate. If he's losing it and can only do it every once in awhile, then his voice should be inconsistent from show to show, no? Shouldn't he be Mickey-fied on Jungle every few shows and raspy on YCBM in others if he's fighting to use his voice but losing it?

Another thing to observe is he looks perfectly comfortable using his voice the way he is. His voice in SCOM isn't exactly the voice of a man struggling.

Anyway, I'd like to ask you what exactly is he saving his voice for? Obviously he can never sing with that rasp in the future either, since he got to save his voice?

And could you please explain me how singing like Mickey Mouse saves your voice more?

I think he intends on recording vocals in the studio. Whether or not that shit'll see the light of day is debatable. But I think that's his intention, and that's why he's saving it. Another explanation could be that it makes it easier for him to pull off 3 hour shows, by pacing himself. He's said as early as '91 that it was his personal dream to be able to do a 3 hour show. Maybe this is the price he has to pay to do it.

As for how singing without rasp saves your voice more. . . Why don't you try it for yourself? Sing cleanly and then sing with rasp. Which one pushes your voice more? Which one is a little more painful? Which one is just all around more difficult?

It's just fundamentally more difficult to sing with rasp than to sing without.

Edited by Kill Devil Hill

Its so obv its easier for him to screem welcome to the jungel then it is to sing november rain the way it suppose to. Kill Devil Hill FK OFF ok? He havent been abel to sing november rain since 1993.

And this "RASP" you all talk about dosent even sound the same as back in the days. It sounds so forced, can really tell that it is fare from natural for him doing it.

Its so obv its easier for him to screem welcome to the jungel then it is to sing november rain the way it suppose to. Kill Devil Hill FK OFF ok? He havent been abel to sing november rain since 1993.

And this "RASP" you all talk about dosent even sound the same as back in the days. It sounds so forced, can really tell that it is fare from natural for him doing it.

I don't expect his rasp to sound the same 25 years later. That's unrealistic. You think it sounds "forced." I don't. We're in the realm of opinion here, now.

Axl sounds absolutely terrible in that rehearsal clip, but it's cool to see. Definitely an interesting sort of "transitional" period for the band. I'd never pay money for it, but I'd like to see it for curiosity.

I don't think he's really "saving" his voice in the rehearsal clip either since he still sounded equally bad at the actual performance. Plus I don't see why he'd do the intro scream in the rehearsal if he was that keen on saving it.

I suppose I'm over-analyzing a bit. Still, a cool little clip but it doesn't exactly make me thirst for the whole thing.

Axl sounds absolutely terrible in that rehearsal clip, but it's cool to see. Definitely an interesting sort of "transitional" period for the band. I'd never pay money for it, but I'd like to see it for curiosity.

I don't think he's really "saving" his voice in the rehearsal clip either since he still sounded equally bad at the actual performance. Plus I don't see why he'd do the intro scream in the rehearsal if he was that keen on saving it.

I suppose I'm over-analyzing a bit. Still, a cool little clip but it doesn't exactly make me thirst for the whole thing.

This is a very interesting clip. And the fact that there somehow is an argument between Axl and Bucket and that the clip lasts for over 40 minutes does it very interesting. This period of time is a mysteri for the band and the new gnr best lineup.

This is a very interesting clip. And the fact that there somehow is an argument between Axl and Bucket and that the clip lasts for over 40 minutes does it very interesting. This period of time is a mysteri for the band and the new gnr best lineup.

Don't get me wrong I can see why people are interested, but I'd be much more interested in the first House of Blues show from 2001 if that truly exists somewhere. It'd be nice to have that pro-shot footage of Axl's first show since 1993.

I also disagree about the 2002 line-up being the best new-Guns line-up, but that's more subjective than anything.

you guys are trying to organize something that might not even possible.

First you need to have someone in charge that you trust to take your money. If I remember correctly, a few years back someone tried this and a bunch of people got ripped off. Second, that person has to be able to successfully get into contact with the person with the show, and if it were so easy everyone would be trying to do it themselves. Third, the person has to want to sell the show. Fourth, The person may not want to sell because he knows its going to leak.

This is like a mission that may not be possible

i remember the guy who had the film a couple off years back actually tried too in fact, sell it. So, if the moneys there, the video will appear. No doubt about it. I would have no problem to trust a moderator whos been here for years. To collect the money wouldnt be difficult at all.

about finding the sellere, i guess there is people on this forum who knows were to contact him.

i remember the guy who had the film a couple off years back actually tried too in fact, sell it. So, if the moneys there, the video will appear. No doubt about it. I would have no problem to trust a moderator whos been here for years. To collect the money wouldnt be difficult at all.

about finding the sellere, i guess there is people on this forum who knows were to contact him.

That money would be MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better off going to whoever leaked the Jackie Chan and Blood In The Water samples.

That money would be MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better off going to whoever leaked the Jackie Chan and Blood In The Water samples.

Pls dont go off topic and bring star wars or what ever it is into this.

I think you are right riddick. Remember something like that myself..time to search the forum :popcorn:

I think you are right riddick. Remember something like that myself..time to search the forum :popcorn:

I'm not going off topic. He said myGnR members should raise money to get the full video. I think it's a waste of money considering the performance they're rehearsing. One more WTTJ, Maddy and PC?

I'm not going off topic. He said myGnR members should raise money to get the full video. I think it's a waste of money considering the performance they're rehearsing. One more WTTJ, Maddy and PC?

The songs they are preforming are irrelevant. People want to see the "behind the scenes" aspect of this line-up.

The songs they are preforming are irrelevant. People want to see the "behind the scenes" aspect of this line-up.

Bingo Coma! 40min unseen videofootage of the most mystic and best new line up of gnr..It is for sure worth some dollars. Iam willing to pay up 100-250dollars rock3

Is anyone "in charge" of collecting donations to get this done? If so, PM me as I'd be interested in donating something to help.

Does anyone know where to actually get the clip from?

I may be interested in donating a little, depending on who is "in charge" of collecting the donations :)

Edited by Coma16