Upcoming interview with: Chris Pitman

AGS

Guest Broskirose

- Chris, will we ever hear the General? Can you describe the song?

- Chris, I'm a huge fan and I have noticed that your prominence in GNR's live performances has gone down significantly since 2001/2002. See my youtube video, Guns N' Roses Boston 2002 - Chris Pitman Solos for an example:

How does this make you feel, and do you wish that you had a solo spot like almost every member does? I'd love to hear you more at the forefront of GNR's shows!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is cool!

are there plans for new material being released?

has the current line up written together?

how do you think the vibes and music abilities of the band have changed since 01?

what was the 1999 version of chinese like?

were the tracks picked on chinese influenced by leaks?

plans for a usa tour in the fall?

were you a fan of guns before joining?

and thanks for always sticking through it, mother goose!

Will the next album sound like CD, or will any significant musical change take place in the band, since there are two new guitarists who wants to write new stuff with Axl?

chris, are there any plans for concert dvd/bluray? can you ask axl if we can get one? chris do you get tired of plaing the same setlist? what's your favorite guns album/ song? can you give us an idea of when we will see a new album? few months, few years, decade? throw us a fricken bone here. how come the band members never post on the "official" website? has guns considered bringing back the horn section? why does fernando post stuff like "who's ready for something they haven't had yet?" and then not deliver? chris, what did you think about axls open letter to the hof? coke or pepsi?

bump, this is pretty exciting, maybe a sticky?

i guess there are too many stickies :lol:

no worries, at least i wont let it go down... ;)

btw, cool videos

also for the lols

and a CLASSIC

Edited by AGS

Question I thought of today..

From "Oh My God", the 2001-2002 live shows, and articles about the recorded music from the time period, it seems Axl had a clear vision about advancing the sound of the band in a more industrial/electronic direction. Over the years though - and I assume changing band members would be a major factor - but nonetheless, reflected in the image and choice of ACDC covers rather than the experimental likes of "If the World", Axl seems comfortable presenting GNR in the more familiar light of its rock and roll elements.

What I want to ask is, have the earlier ideas been revisited in the years since and could they ever surface in a new album, or is Ashba, as a conventional rock guitarist, going to take more influence? And if that is the case, doesn't it undermine your position in the band?

Edited by ben

Question I thought of today..

From "Oh My God", the 2001-2002 live shows, and articles about the recorded music from the time period, it seems Axl had a clear vision about advancing the sound of the band in a more industrial/electronic direction. Over the years though - and I assume changing band members would be a major factor - but nonetheless, reflected in the image and choice of ACDC covers rather than the experimental likes of "If the World", Axl seems comfortable presenting GNR in the more familiar light of its rock and roll elements.

What I want to ask is, have the earlier ideas been revisited in the years since and could they ever surface in a new album, or is Ashba, as a conventional rock guitarist, going to take more influence? And if that is the case, doesn't it undermine your position in the band?

TOO LATE. I'M SORRY FOR YOU.

what's your favorite beer?

This is how the GnR fan base use the few opportunities they have to interact with GnR members. Reminds me of the Axl chat and how sad it is.

can you give us a list of the top 5 records you are listening to most these days?

Very significant question, since we have so much info about everything in GnR. :rolleyes:

Don't ask him about anything but GNR. I've seen too may of these interviews with Bumble or whoever where they ask them 10 questions about shit none us care about and a GNR question at the end with no followup question. If you ask him what the best song on the next album is follow it up with why? Who wrote it? Just make sure it doesn't read like a Tiger Beat interview.

THIS. People here are plain DUMB.

what's your favorite beer?

This is how the GnR fan base use the few opportunities they have to interact with GnR members. Reminds me of the Axl chat and how sad it is.

can you give us a list of the top 5 records you are listening to most these days?

Very significant question, since we have so much info about everything in GnR. :rolleyes:

Don't ask him about anything but GNR. I've seen too may of these interviews with Bumble or whoever where they ask them 10 questions about shit none us care about and a GNR question at the end with no followup question. If you ask him what the best song on the next album is follow it up with why? Who wrote it? Just make sure it doesn't read like a Tiger Beat interview.

THIS. People here are plain DUMB.

Yeeeeup.

Ask him how he truly feels about Axl and what is special about Axl, as a person that makes him like the guy. Kind of personal but, I'd like to know why Chris enjoys being friends with Axl. I'm not talking about the nice pay cheque Axl gives him either nor, the obvious fringe benefits, that go with being in GNR. Obviously they get along or the guy wouldn't have been around this long. This insider info stuff is the most interesting to me personally because the media/world seem to just bash Axl for the most part but, I think that Axl's for the most part, a genuinely overall nice dude deep down inside. I know that Axl does give tons of money to many different charity organizations and most people don't know about it because Axl's not doing it for the "media glory." He does it because he cares and has the scratch to hopefully make a difference. Thanks. :)