The definitive films of the 90s?

What about The Crow? It did have a great soundtrack, and I think Brandon Lee would have been a real 90's icon had he lived.

It's kind of cooler he died. I'm surprised more people didn't die in that table bullet festival scene.

Hard Target and Broken Arrow. I love those movies.

Face/Off.

Hard Boiled and The Killer rock.

Con Air is obviously best movie of all time.

We could do a whole 90s guilty pleasure list...Con Air, Judgment Night, Face/Off, Basic Instinct, Showgirls, Armageddon, The Crush...the possibilities are endless!

The Rock.

Showgirls is a kitsch classic. Kyle claims he didn't realized it would be so bad.

The Firm and those Grisham adapts.A Few Good Men...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about The Crow? It did have a great soundtrack, and I think Brandon Lee would have been a real 90's icon had he lived.

It's kind of cooler he died. I'm surprised more people didn't die in that table bullet festival scene.

Face/Off.

We could do a whole 90s guilty pleasure list...Con Air, Judgment Night, Face/Off, Basic Instinct, Showgirls, Armageddon, The Crush...the possibilities are endless!

The Rock.

Showgirls is a kitsch classic. Kyle claims he didn't realized it would be so bad.

The Pelican Brief! Sliver! BOXING HELENA!

Edited by Angelica

Face/Off.

The Rock.

The Pelican Brief! Sliver! BOXING HELENA!

Boxing Helena really takes the biscuit for cult must see never should of watched it.

Wild Orchid might of been 90s.

Cronos and Hardware are pretty classic.

Basically every movie that came out.

Fear of a Black Hat and Father of the Bride.

Face/Off.

The Rock.

The Rock, Con Air and Armageddon, Bruckheimer produced some awesome action films up until the 2000's, went a bit downhill from there.

Boyz N The Hood and Menace II Society. And to a lesser degree, New Jack City and Juice.

Boyz was impressive in its day, but it has not aged well. It's agonizingly preachy. Menace is better, but not as widely known. Always will have a soft spot for New Jack City, but it's a bit cringe inducing now. Fresh and Gridlock'd are my favorites from that urban crime genre, Tupac's performance in Gridlock'd really quite fine.

No mention of Point Break?

Point Break is totes on the guilty pleasure list. Rising Sun! Poison Ivy! Anaconda! Freejack! Disclosure!

Edited by Angelica

Point Break is totes on the guilty pleasure list. Rising Sun! Poison Ivy! Anaconda! Freejack! Disclosure!

I wouldn't even have Point Break on the guilty pleasure list, it's just a fucking awesome movie! :shrugs: Are we allowed Near Dark or was that too early?

I wouldn't even have Point Break on the guilty pleasure list, it's just a fucking awesome movie! :shrugs: Are we allowed Near Dark or was that too early?

Near Dark is on the best of the 80s list.