What Happens 2 The GNR Name If Axl Dies?

JayGatz

Obviously this hopefully doesn't happen anytime soon..But I wondered who would control of the name and how that would affect the GNR material that Axl, Slash and Duff are co-owners of?

I'd be pissed if somehow Team Brazil controlled the name GNR...

Obviously this hopefully doesn't happen anytime soon..But I wondered who would control of the name and how that would affect the GNR material that Axl, Slash and Duff are co-owners of?

The name Guns N' Roses will never be used in future material or whatever. When Axl dies, the name dies too.

The name Guns N' Roses will never be used in future material or whatever. When Axl dies, the name dies too.

Yeah, I'd hope that would be the case...but whoever he leaves it to will have a say in how the name is used regarding the classic material and would have to interact with Slash and Duff regarding the classic material...I'd hate it to be someone who didn't deserve that responsibility or had unhelpful grudges. Just my opinion.

Whatever he chooses to do, it will be stated in his will.

If he has any decent bone left in his body, he'd at least leave it to Duff and/or Izzy, instead of the yes-men that have crept into and clawed onto his life.

I hope he has stated in his will that no one is allowed to use the name anymore.

Yeah, I'd hope that would be the case...but whoever he leaves it to will have a say in how the name is used regarding the classic material and would have to interact with Slash and Duff regarding the classic material...I'd hate it to be someone who didn't deserve that responsibility or had unhelpful grudges. Just my opinion.

Beta will sing! NOT!!!

Beta will sing! NOT!!!

How about an Axl and Beta double album ala Lennon and Yoko? :rofl-lol:

Edited by Nintari

The real question should be : Do we REALLY care what happens to GNR anymore if Axl dies ?

Well I do. Seeing Team Brazil milk it for every penny it's worth isn't something I want to see happen.

Depends on what kind of "milking" we're talking about. If it's vault material getting released, then bring it on. I want the UYI documentary, classic live shows released in full quality, and whatever studio material Axl has hidden in his vault right now.

The name will never die and the music they made will always be current and relevant to what's going on in the world and how people feel about the music they listen too. In 300 years from now at a football game they will still play WTTJ. As far as a turing band, it will end there.

The name will never die and the music they made will always be current and relevant to what's going on in the world and how people feel about the music they listen too. In 300 years from now at a football game they will still play WTTJ. As far as a turing band, it will end there.

Tell them how it is. :thumbsup: