why Myles I'll never know

tkarmy

Your video is from Reading 2010 right? How does that effect what people were saying about his voice in 2011-12?

Not my video. Just showing you that people outside the forums have opinions too and they're not always good.

And yes, reviews from concert goers are completely relevant.

So when someone praises Axl, it's good and needs to be considered as relevant, when someone dislike Axl then it's worthless and irrelevant. Make up your mind.

People dissatisfied with something are much more likely to talk about it than people that enjoyed themselves. The absolute fact that the vast majority wrote extremely positive reviews is a perfect indicator that they were good shows.

And this assumption comes from? Can you please tell me where I can read that people prefer to talk about something they dislike instead of something they like?

Hell, even here in the forum you're a minority, because the majority of the forum members that went to shows this tour said he sounded great. Re-read the concert threads if you don't believe me. I wish I could have seen them myself. :shrugs:

This forum is infested by "cover band" fans. What do you expect? A massive "they suck" sign? Even when the Rio disaster happened you had a lot of people saying that his performance was great or the same mediocre excuse "he had an off night". People here have praised Axl even in 2011 when he sounded awful. :shrugs:

Where did I say that bad concert reviews were irrelevant again? I missed that. If the overwhelming majority says that a show is bad, the show is bad. When the overwhelming majority says a show is good, well...

You're here talking about the new band every day, right? I shouldn't need a better example than you yourself, but more can be provided if you wish.

"overrun by cover band fans"? :lol: Thanks for proving my previous point. As far as I know, none of us "nutters" attended a show. Maybe Sailaway, but he never commented if he did. I'm talking about fans that would prefer a reunion. I had conversations via PM with a few that said he sounded great, and quite a few left comments in the concert threads themselves. You're in the minority of your own category. Sucks huh?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your video is from Reading 2010 right? How does that effect what people were saying about his voice in 2011-12?

Not my video. Just showing you that people outside the forums have opinions too and they're not always good.

So when someone praises Axl, it's good and needs to be considered as relevant, when someone dislike Axl then it's worthless and irrelevant. Make up your mind.

People dissatisfied with something are much more likely to talk about it than people that enjoyed themselves. The absolute fact that the vast majority wrote extremely positive reviews is a perfect indicator that they were good shows.

And this assumption comes from? Can you please tell me where I can read that people prefer to talk about something they dislike instead of something they like?

Hell, even here in the forum you're a minority, because the majority of the forum members that went to shows this tour said he sounded great. Re-read the concert threads if you don't believe me. I wish I could have seen them myself. :shrugs:

This forum is infested by "cover band" fans. What do you expect? A massive "they suck" sign? Even when the Rio disaster happened you had a lot of people saying that his performance was great or the same mediocre excuse "he had an off night". People here have praised Axl even in 2011 when he sounded awful. :shrugs:

Where did I say that bad concert reviews were irrelevant again? I missed that. If the overwhelming majority says that a show is bad, the show is bad. When the overwhelming majority says a show is good, well...

You're here talking about the new band every day, right? I shouldn't need a better example than you yourself, but more can be provided if you wish.

"overrun by cover band fans"? :lol: Thanks for proving my previous point. As far as I know, none of us "nutters" attended a show. Maybe Sailaway, but he never commented if he did. I'm talking about fans that would prefer a reunion. I had conversations via PM with a few that said he sounded great, and quite a few left comments in the concert threads themselves. You're in the minority of your own category. Sucks huh?

I'm here talkin' about the cover band every day? I'm here to discuss Guns N' Roses, the original band and when someone who is clearly deluded says that the cover band is better than the original one, then I open my mouth. That's all. Most people here including you are here because they like and enjoy the cover band and if "I'm in the minority of my own category" to you, then aren't you contradicting yourself? Most people should be here "hating" the cover band, right? Because, and I quote: "People dissatisfied with something are much more likely to talk about it than people that enjoyed themselves." :lol:

I'm here talkin' about the cover band every day? I'm here to discuss Guns N' Roses, the original band and when someone who is clearly deluded says that the cover band is better than the original one, then I open my mouth. That's all. Most people here including you are here because they like and enjoy the cover band and if "I'm in the minority of my own category" to you, then aren't you contradicting yourself? Most people should be here "hating" the cover band, right? Because, and I quote: "People dissatisfied with something are much more likely to talk about it than people that enjoyed themselves." :lol:

I don't know what's wrong with you, but if you open your eyes and take a look around, you'll realise that most people are hating Axl and his "cover band".

Wake up, man.

I don't know what's wrong with you, but if you open your eyes and take a look around, you'll realise that most people are hating Axl and his "cover band".

Wake up, man.

The reason we have seen people hating Axl lately is simple, no new music. Give them 1 brand new song in these cash-grabbing Vegas shows, no matter how horrible it is and see how they will be kissing his ass again, you included :P.

No he can't. No one comes close to Axl if he is in good shape, when it comes to perform GNR-songs

But still, Myles does a great job

Dude hasn't been in good shape since well before the turn of the century - axl can't come close to himself - face it, in 2012 Myles>Axl by quite a bit

He was just dire on the webstreams as well, no wonder they won't release the show they filmed in London. By contrast, Slash had such confidence in his lineup, that he offered live pro recordings of almost every show for an entire leg of the 2010 tour.

Yeah, i have the one from Terminal 5 which i was at and it sounds fucking killer -- Axl hasn't sounded like that live since his 20's

The reason we have seen people hating Axl lately is simple, no new music. Give them 1 brand new song in these cash-grabbing Vegas shows, no matter how horrible it is and see how they will be kissing his ass again, you included :P.

It doesn't matter what I do. I'm not one of the ones that hates him now, nor will I ever be. :shrugs: That doesn't change the fact that the vast majority are haters like you, and have been for quite some time. And of those haters that went to the shows like you, the vast majority came back and said that he sounded awesome. Just like the vast majority of people that went to shows and don't participate in these nerd wars. That's the only point of this conversation.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

It doesn't matter what I do. I'm not one of the ones that hates him now, nor will I ever be. :shrugs: That doesn't change the fact that the vast majority are haters like you, and have been for quite some time. And of those haters that went to the shows like you, the vast majority came back and said that he sounded awesome. Just like the vast majority of people that went to shows and don't participate in these nerd wars. That's the only point of this conversation.

You said you gave up on the cover band. Don't you remember your posts in the Vegas thread? You also blamed Beta and family for that. At least that's where the negativity comes from.

If you think I'm a hater good for you but 1. I never wanted a reunion. 2. I never bashed new Gn'R (Buckethead/Finck/Brain). 3. I have stated many times which songs from Chinese Democracy I enjoy. 4. When I saw Axl Rose and his band in 2010 I left the building happy. 5. The fact that I would never consider the current members or Chinese Democracy to be GN'R doesn't make me a hater, maybe just a hardcore nerdy fanboy of the original band, which I'm proud to be.

Edited by pi2loc

You said you gave up on the cover band. Don't you remember your posts in the Vegas thread? You also blamed Beta and family for that. At least that's where the negativity comes from.

If you think I'm a hater good for you but 1. I never wanted a reunion. 2. I never bashed new Gn'R (Buckethead/Finck/Brain). 3. I have stated many times which songs from Chinese Democracy I enjoy. 4. When I saw Axl Rose and his band in 2010 and left the building happy. 5. The fact that I would never consider the current members or Chinese Democracy to be GN'R doesn't make me a hater, maybe just a hardcore nerdy fanboy of the original band, which I'm proud to be.

So, since I think team Brazil is a horrible management team and I completely disagree with Beta's Vegas vacation means that I hate Axl? Sorry, but I'll be just as willing to complain about that stupidity if another album ever comes out, or if they play a new song. The only opinion of mine that is open for change is my opinion of DJ. Slash managed to write amazing things when he had Axl there to tell him what to do, if DJ can do the same, my opinion of him will change. I've always said that though, so I'm not changing my views on anything.

It's your constant "cover band", "Axl's fat" and "Axl can't sing" posts that make me think you're a hater. Robin and Bucket wrote a total of 3 songs between them. The CD band is still there for the most part. Axl's fat, get over it. He's been fat for quite some time. As long as he's impressing the people that attend his live shows, that's all that really matters about his vocals.

If you think I'm a hater good for you but 1. I never wanted a reunion. 2. I never bashed new Gn'R (Buckethead/Finck/Brain). 3. I have stated many times which songs from Chinese Democracy I enjoy. 4. When I saw Axl Rose and his band in 2010 and left the building happy. 5. The fact that I would never consider the current members or Chinese Democracy to be GN'R doesn't make me a hater, maybe just a hardcore nerdy fanboy of the original band, which I'm proud to be.

So, since I think team Brazil is a horrible management team and I completely disagree with Beta's Vegas vacation means that I hate Axl? Sorry, but I'll be just as willing to complain about that stupidity if another album ever comes out, or if they play a new song. The only opinion of mine that is open for change is my opinion of DJ. Slash managed to write amazing things when he had Axl there to tell him what to do, if DJ can do the same, my opinion of him will change. I've always said that though, so I'm not changing my views on anything.

It's your constant "cover band", "Axl's fat" and "Axl can't sing" posts that make me think you're a hater. Robin and Bucket wrote a total of 3 songs between them. The CD band is still there for the most part. Axl's fat, get over it. He's been fat for quite some time. As long as he's impressing the people that attend his live shows, that's all that really matters about his vocals.

Uhm, where did I say that you fell into the category of those who hated Axl for not releasing new music? I just said that if a new song is performed in these Vegas cash-grabbing shows, they will be kissing his ass (including you). Get it? :lol:

If you think Slash wrote amazing riffs and solos because he had Axl by his side, that's your point of view but to me he was as important as Axl back in the day, just like Izzy and the rest. It wasn't a one-man band and whoever thinks that way is deluded and needs to seek help. We're not here to downplay anybody's contributions. And please do yourself a favor and don't even try to compare Slash with Ashba.

Axl Rose's band is a Gn'R cover band, playing other people's material that's why I call it that way. And yeah, just look through my post history and find a thread created by me with the sole purpose of bashing Axl or his cover band. I've replied with the same hatred some stupid people have for the original band or Slash. That's all. If you want to criticize Slash for being fat, bald, old and/or because he decided to pick Myles as the singer of his solo project and as the one who is performing original Gn'R tunes, then maybe you need to look Axl Rose and his solo projects a little bit closer and think twice before spreading shit because that same shit could hit you very hard in the ass.

Without Buckethead, Finck, Tobias and Freese/Brain there wouldn't be Chinese Democracy. None of them are in the band anymore. And for the record, IRS is a better song without Axl's vocals. :lol:

Uhm, where did I say that you fell into the category of those who hated Axl for not releasing new music? I just said that if a new song is performed in these Vegas cash-grabbing shows, they will be kissing his ass (including you). Get it? :lol:

If you think Slash wrote amazing riffs and solos because he had Axl by his side, that's your point of view but to me he was as important as Axl back in the day, just like Izzy and the rest. It wasn't a one-man band and whoever thinks that way is deluded and needs to seek help. We're not here to downplay anybody's contributions. And please do yourself a favor and don't even try to compare Slash with Ashba.

Axl Rose's band is a Gn'R cover band, playing other people's material that's why I call it that way. And yeah, just look through my post history and find a thread created by me with the sole purpose of bashing Axl or his cover band. I've replied with the same hatred some stupid people have for the original band or Slash. That's all. If you want to criticize Slash for being fat, bald, old and/or because he decided to pick Myles as the singer of his solo project and as the one who is performing original Gn'R tunes, then maybe you need to look Axl Rose and his solo projects a little bit closer and think twice before spreading shit because that same shit could hit you very hard in the ass.

Without Buckethead, Finck, Tobias and Freese/Brain there wouldn't be Chinese Democracy. None of them are in the band anymore. And for the record, IRS is a better song without Axl's vocals. :lol:

First things first. The last thing on Earth that I'm worried a out is shit hitting me. I don't take insults to Guns N' Roses personally. :shrugs:

DJ's contributions outside of GN'R are just as sucktacular as Slash's, imo; and DJ is already Slash Jr., so I'll wait for a release to judge.

I've heard Slash write one good song since leaving the band, and it wasn't in VR. I should give co-credit to Izzy for dragging the greatness out of him, but it surely wasn't the rest of the band. Well, I guess it could be Steven, but what are the odds of that?

The songs Bucket and Finck wrote weren't that great and the solos they played on the album were sliced together by Axl and his computer. They resemble nothing that was written. CD would have been out in some similar form without them. Tobias is still a writer. He wasn't good live anyway, so *fart* and nobody gives a shit about drummers. IRS is in my bottom 3 of the album, so I won't argue about any quality you may find in it.

First things first. The last thing on Earth that I'm worried a out is shit hitting me. I don't take insults to Guns N' Roses personally. :shrugs:

DJ's contributions outside of GN'R are just as sucktacular as Slash's, imo; and DJ is already Slash Jr., so I'll wait for a release to judge.

I've heard Slash write one good song since leaving the band, and it wasn't in VR. I should give co-credit to Izzy for dragging the greatness out of him, but it surely wasn't the rest of the band. Well, I guess it could be Steven, but what are the odds of that?

The songs Bucket and Finck wrote weren't that great and the solos they played on the album were sliced together by Axl and his computer. They resemble nothing that was written. CD would have been out in some similar form without them. Tobias is still a writer. He wasn't good live anyway, so *fart* and nobody gives a shit about drummers. IRS is in my bottom 3 of the album, so I won't argue about any quality you may find in it.

Well, for someone who doesn't take "insults to Gn'R" personally, you have reacted in the wrong way. When I said "if you want to criticize Slash..." I was referring to those people who bash Slash or original Gn'R constantly, those who don't want to discuss anything just insult and bash (you know who these losers are). Not you, my dear.

Whatever DJ vs Slash, who is better bullshit is just a matter of opinion so while you think they both suck I think Ashba is shit and should be selling used cars but Slash is a great guitar player, maybe not what he used to be in Guns N' Roses but still great (none of the original members have been able to live up to what they did in GN'R). I have enjoyed more than one Slash song since he left Gn'R.

It doesn't matter how much over-production Chinese had. I don't care if Axl used 1000 programs and *fixed* Buckethead and Finck solos, they were written by them. See? You're downplaying their contributions again. People do care about drummers, at least here, haven't you read the "ZOMG Brain iz supah amazin' neva hear a drummerz like datz!!!" :lol:? Oh and, maybe IRS is your bottom 3 because you haven't listened to it without vocals. :tongue2:

so you only like guns tunes by people no longer in the band?

Well, for someone who doesn't take "insults to Gn'R" personally, you have reacted in the wrong way. When I said "if you want to criticize Slash..." I was referring to those people who bash Slash or original Gn'R constantly, those who don't want to discuss anything just insult and bash (you know who these losers are). Not you, my dear.

Whatever DJ vs Slash, who is better bullshit is just a matter of opinion so while you think they both suck I think Ashba is shit and should be selling used cars but Slash is a great guitar player, maybe not what he used to be in Guns N' Roses but still great (none of the original members have been able to live up to what they did in GN'R). I have enjoyed more than one Slash song since he left Gn'R.

It doesn't matter how much over-production Chinese had. I don't care if Axl used 1000 programs and *fixed* Buckethead and Finck solos, they were written by them. See? You're downplaying their contributions again. People do care about drummers, at least here, haven't you read the "ZOMG Brain iz supah amazin' neva hear a drummerz like datz!!!" :lol:? Oh and, maybe IRS is your bottom 3 because you haven't listened to it without vocals. :tongue2:

Well, to be completely honest, I would kick DJ out of the band to get Slash back. If somebody is going to fuck up Slash's solos, it might as well be him. :shrugs:

I do know that Robin couldn't play his own solos live, and neither can DJ, so I'm not sure that they resemble anything ever written. I'm sure Bucket could have played his. Ron can, so he should be able to. I'm conceding nothing on the drummers. All they need to do is keep a beat.

Not sure about IRS. I do know that If the World is my least favorite song by any version of Guns ever solely because of the instruments. I actually like the VR mix.

It's extremely funny how nu-cover-GNR seriously believe that their way of thinking about this band represents in no way a minority..

Since you're too stupid to comprehend what a discussion is about before you idiot your way into it, you're not worth a serious reply. Sorry. :shrugs:

pull Axl's pole out of your butt please.

It's extremely funny how nu-cover-GNR seriously believe that their way of thinking about this band represents in no way a minority..

Since you're too stupid to comprehend what a discussion is about before you idiot your way into it, you're not worth a serious reply. Sorry. :shrugs:

pull Axl's pole out of your butt please.

Point proven. Thanks. :lol:

I used to like Myles, but now his voice just annoys me. Sure he has range, but he just gets boring after awhile. He is talented, but he lacks something. Some little spark.

same way i feel about him, the guy has talent and has alot of range but it just comes off generic sounding to the point where it irritates me

I used to like Myles, but now his voice just annoys me. Sure he has range, but he just gets boring after awhile. He is talented, but he lacks something. Some little spark.

same way i feel about him, the guy has talent and has alot of range but it just comes off generic sounding to the point where it irritates me

Opposite for me. I think he definately found his comfort zone on the covers and sounds great on his own stuff. I didn't like him too much at the beginning aside from Back From Cali.. His verses on Anastasia give me the chills.

Edited by Tom-Ass

No he can't. No one comes close to Axl if he is in good shape, when it comes to perform GNR-songs

Axl is Axl. His voice is unique. But I haven't heard him do a perfect performance of any song since the 90s.

Myles on the other hand nails every song every night.

Edited by izzydoezit

Axl is Axl. His voice is unique. But I haven't heard him do a perfect performance of any song since the 90s.

Myles on the other hand nails every song every night.

I saw newGuns in 2010 and imo Axl was amazing. I've seen many videos on YT and thought Axl was partly horrible, but at this particular show I went to he amazed me.

Myles does a great job. He's got an incredible range but I'd rather hear Axls voice on Guns songs.

Don't get me wrong, if I could choose to attend one of the shows of newGuns or Slash with Myles and the Conspirators, I would choose Slash's show by all means.

Slash is really misusing Myles. I recently got into Alter Bridge and Myles sounds so much better on those songs than he does on Slash and Apocalyptic Love.

have you heard any of his pre-Alter Bridge stuff? The Mayfield Four is awesome! it also shows some of what he's capable of songwriting wise (mind you this stuff is over 10yrs old now) as he was effectively sole songwriter for the band. search some of their stuff on YouTube.

Slash is really misusing Myles. I recently got into Alter Bridge and Myles sounds so much better on those songs than he does on Slash and Apocalyptic Love.

Not really misuing. Just Myles, is so diverse and suits to so many different genres. I don't enjoy Alter Bridge more than his Slash work vocally all the times. Nevertheless I highly enjoy the last album and his vocals there.

Not really misuing. Just Myles, is so diverse and suits to so many different genres. I don't enjoy Alter Bridge more than his Slash work vocally all the times. Nevertheless I highly enjoy the last album and his vocals there.

Here's what I don't get with Myles. It's the weird "twang" accent he has when he sings. Granted, Axl sort of did that accent too, but it sounds fake or forced with Myles to me. I really like the tone of Myles' voice, I just wish he would sing without that weird accent. I wish he would sing with his normal speaking voice, if that makes any sense at all.