Astrology in the GNR camp

The Linguini Occurrence

Based on his tweets it appears Fernando is clearly into Astrology, how about Beta and others in the camp? Has Axl ever talked about a belief in Astrology? Could it be possible that some of the things he has done (or not done) were the result of a belief in Astrology? I'm just trying to gauge how much of an impact, if any, it has on the band and Axl in particular.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on his tweets it appears Fernando is clearly into Astrology, how about Beta and others in the camp? Has Axl ever talked about a belief in Astrology? Could it be possible that some of the things he has done (or not done) were the result of a belief in Astrology? I'm just trying to gauge how much of an impact, if any, it has on the band and Axl in particular.

I can't remember him speaking seriously about astrology, but he has spoken about other crazy things so I wouldn't be surprised... He did all kinds of whacky things in the 90s.

In the 90s YODA was his personal assistant for spirits, astrology and so on. Her real name is Sharon Maynard or so. She died a couple years ago and was credited on the special thanks list of the UYI albums.

I think her business is now operated by /jarmo, but im not sure... :confused:

No,her husband took over Arcos Cielios after she passed.How active it is now,I can't say.

yeah, at a certain point in axl's career, there was probably way more short term money for quacks like yoda and suzzy miniskirt to make in dividing slash and axl. but now there's a bigger long term score in getting them together. shame the damage is already done. i don't think anyone, not even a guru who names themselves after a star wars character, can undo the damage. i mean, like marc cantor said, axl literally believes slash is the devil. i don't think it's easy as finding some old asian woman who calls herself obi wan to tell him slash is only a human. axl's dug himself a pretty deep psychological hole. i don't think light will ever reach him again.

yeah, at a certain point in axl's career, there was probably way more short term money for quacks like yoda and suzzy miniskirt to make in dividing slash and axl. but now there's a bigger long term score in getting them together. shame the damage is already done. i don't think anyone, not even a guru who names themselves after a star wars character, can undo the damage. i mean, like marc cantor said, axl literally believes slash is the devil. i don't think it's easy as finding some old asian woman who calls herself obi wan to tell him slash is only a human. axl's dug himself a pretty deep psychological hole. i don't think light will ever reach him again.

I don't understand why you keep worrying about this more than a decade after. Both Slash and Axl seem to be doing fine. They are not best friends forever any more, just get over it.

don't get me wrong, soul monster. i don't want them to reunite. i want the hall of fame line-up to stay as far away from contemporary joke axl as possible. i used to want them to reunite, but these days i think i have too much respect for both the band and my childhood memories of them.

i'm just having a laugh at axl's crazy new age sedona magic crystal reincarnation quacks.

I dont read horoscopes but I like astrology and find it useful and mostly accurate. Case in point: Axl is definitely a Pisces.

Aquarius

don't get me wrong, soul monster. i don't want them to reunite. i want the hall of fame line-up to stay as far away from contemporary joke axl as possible. i used to want them to reunite, but these days i think i have too much respect for both the band and my childhood memories of them.

i'm just having a laugh at axl's crazy new age sedona magic crystal reincarnation quacks.

You sound more like a crazy quack to me,coming here everyday to make hate threads ain't healthy.

She didn't call herself Yoda,the crew and alumni came up with this nickname.

We are all free to choose our own spiritual paths.

don't get me wrong, soul monster. i don't want them to reunite. i want the hall of fame line-up to stay as far away from contemporary joke axl as possible.

That is kind of strange since the HOF lineup (which wasn't a historic lineup at all, just a few guys who felt the need for the PR) isn't a cohesive unit at all: Duff is travelling around with his punk band after Slash quit on him, too, Slash is focusing on his stale, watered-down contemporary rock cliché, Steven's efforts is hopefully just an ironic attempt at caricaturing sleazy bandsof the 80's. And who knows what Gilby and Matt are up to. That being said, both Izzy and Duff will probably feature on GN'R future shows, which are cool.

don't get me wrong, soul monster. i don't want them to reunite. i want the hall of fame line-up to stay as far away from contemporary joke axl as possible.

That is kind of strange since the HOF lineup (which wasn't a historic lineup at all, just a few guys who felt the need for the PR) isn't a cohesive unit at all: Duff is travelling around with his punk band after Slash quit on him, too, Slash is focusing on his stale, watered-down contemporary rock cliché, Steven's efforts is hopefully just an ironic att

empt at caricaturing sleazy bandsof the 80's. And who knows what Gilby and Matt are up to. That being said, both Izzy and Duff will probably feature on GN'R future shows, which are cool.

Very cool indeed,there has been a marked separation between Duff and Slash,noticed watching the HOF debaucle. Wonder if VR is DOA?

Am I the only one that doesn't care what Gilby and Baron von storm are doing?

Very cool indeed,there has been a marked separation between Duff and Slash,noticed watching the HOF debaucle. Wonder if VR is DOA?

I was a bit imprecise. I do care about what Gilby and Matt are doing, it is just that the aren't doing anything interesting at all. Gilby is a stand out guy, though.

As for Duff and Slash, I do feel a bit sorry for Duff for being abandoned by Slash again. Slash has a tendency to jump ship when things get complicated just to focus on his own selfish solo pursuits, and he has done this twice to Duff now.

I was a bit imprecise. I do care about what Gilby and Matt are doing, it is just that the aren't doing anything interesting at all. Gilby is a stand out guy, though.

As for Duff and Slash, I do feel a bit sorry for Duff for being abandoned by Slash again. Slash has a tendency to jump ship when things get complicated just to focus on his own selfish solo pursuits, and he has done this twice to Duff now.

Agreed,but a leopard doesn't usually change its spots,so this isn't surprising.

Astrology is bullshit. I think Fernando's tweets are a sort of internal joke between him and friends but I'm not sure. I do think Axl might actually believe in this shit since he's ao damn crazy. Sucks if he did though.

Considering how many Americans believe in gods I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Fernando believed in astrology.

Abandoned?? Duff abandoned Janes Addiction halfway through the sessions because he wanted to be back in Seattle, it was a "no hard feelings" thing, and Duff left them with 4 songs. Duff and Dave will see each other for the occasional Camp Freddy gig.

Highly doubt VR will reunite for more than one show here and there, and maybe record a song or two. It's going to be a "once in a great while" thing, but I don't see why Slash wouldn't guest on a STP song or at a show.