"Better" music video leak discussion - DISCUSSION ONLY

ceres

..at first I thought it was Mr.St-L.. and his Memory stick.. but nope, i doubt he has anything..

..maybe it's Axl attention whoring while times are silent..

..maybe it's some desperate attempt to get back in the media to generate some interesting the up coming Vegas shows..

..very much doubt it was the company behind the video, as they tend to be far too professional..

The Ferreri Enzo was the best part. The car was the star of the video :thumbsup:

Edited by vaida

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..at first I thought it was Mr.St-L.. and his Memory stick.. but nope, i doubt he has anything..

..maybe it's some desperate attempt to get back in the media to generate some interesting the up coming Vegas shows..

..very much doubt it was the company behind the video, as they tend to be far too professional..

The Ferreri Enzo was the best part. The car was the star of the video :thumbsup:

it was the company behind the video, they left the zbrush.tsl file in the parent directory (which wasn't protected) which is a 3d model of the red baby that you see throughout the video.

edit, here

27yuy3q.jpg

Edited by Gunns

I really liked the video. The atmosphere and energy in it are a lot like what I experience when I see them live. That "exit Lars" part was so funny, it is cool of him to let them use it.

I think they should release it somewhere. It is part of the GNR history even if some of the persons have changed.

it was the company behind the video, they left the zbrush.tsl file in the parent directory (which wasn't protected) which is a 3d model of the red baby that you see throughout the video.

edit, here

27yuy3q.jpg

So professional they leave their clients directory folder open to the internet.

edit, here

27yuy3q.jpg

I didn't know about the model. Can that be loaded into Maya ?

edit, here

27yuy3q.jpg

I didn't know about the model. Can that be loaded into Maya ?

not sure about Maya, but it works fine in zbrush ;)

..another line of thought:

This isn't attention whoring.. it's the required excuse for Axl to throw a hissy fit and cancel the Vegas gig's..

..we'll wait and see (time will tell). This video didin't simply lead because a folder was left open for all to gain access too, I don't believe that for one minute..

The video is still on YouTube.. I found it with ease..

Edited by vaida

At barely any point is the music in sync with the live footage, for that reason I'm out.

Surely that's a basic requirement for a live video right? I mean half the time I doubt it's even the same song which is being played/sang on screen.

I think calling it amateurish doesn't do justice to how bad it is. The band names? Two drummers and Buckethead and Bumble? Wtf?

At barely any point is the music in sync with the live footage, for that reason I'm out.

Surely that's a basic requirement for a live video right? I mean half the time I doubt it's even the same song which is being played/sang on screen.

I think calling it amateurish doesn't do justice to how bad it is. The band names? Two drummers and Buckethead and Bumble? Wtf?

The synce is all over the shop. There are time's they show headbanging footage that don't match the sound in anyway. Did they get the Buckethead playing Buckethead parts and BF playing BF parts right ? I have to assume so. Notice at the start how Axl is called Boss.

This isn't attention whoring.. it's the required excuse for Axl to throw a hissy fit and cancel the Vegas gig's..

..we'll wait and see (time will tell). This video didin't simply lead because a folder was left open for all to gain access too, I don't believe that for one minute..

I facepalmed twice while reading this.

edit, here

27yuy3q.jpg

:o

edit, here

27yuy3q.jpg

:o

A Playstation 3 could do that realtime, and put 1000's on screen all at once :D

If Axl wants decent video's he should hook up with the people behind some of the more recent Prodigy videos, as some of those are excellent and filled with ideas - entertaining too.

I love this video:

The Prodigy - Warrior's Dance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2-VF9u24F4

The Prodigy - Invaders Must Die

Edited by vaida

With all the rumors years ago about the better video just basically being live footage we all seen this coming, but I am still a little disappointed that it is not a full fledged music video, because like someone said before me, a live video just doesn't do "the most anticipated album ever" justice if ya know what I mean. Although Im sure there were plans for at least one epic music video from CD 1 if not more. Which makes me think, weren't there rumors that there was a Street of Dreams and Catcher video finished but never released also or something like that?

Also the Ferrari in the beginning is hard to see because it was so dark, but I assume that is Axl's Enzo Ferrari?

It isn't the most anticipated album ever. That title belongs to "Smile" By Brian Wilson/Beach Boys. Why is a live video surprising?

Axl would never put a ton of money into anything like a concept video again. Even by the old band standards alot of the videos

were live. LALD, Dead Hose, Paradise City, YCBM.....it's just cheaper than a concept video.

Brian and his bandmates (Beach Boys and solo) said it's not the album Brian envisoned "Smile" to be. It's still considered "unfinished", but the fan mixes were fun, and Purple Chick's version is pretty close to what The Beach Boys put out, and worked for me when I downloaded it. They were talking about putting it out as software and having fans mix it about 10 years ago.

Few people are putting money into concept videos, but keep in mind all those "Making of" videos were paying the cost of the videos, too. The idea came from Michael Jackson's "Making of Thriller", so those 3 big budget videos turned out to be a profit, as long as people bought those videos. Same with "Welcome to the Videos", which I wasn't thrilled with the DVD version, esp. since "It's So Easy" popped up since then (U2 released "One Tree Hill" with the time code on it, but AFAIK, never been on DVD), and could've had "Making F'ing Videos" on it as a bonus as well.

YCBM was a movie promotion, and the only one Axl doesn't have the rights to because of the footage Sony owns (why they can't put it on their You Tube VEVO makes no sense though), but it's prob. on the T2 DVD. They could've re-edited it without the T2 footage and Arnold in it to put it on "Welcome to the Videos".

People can make money off of making music videos, and "Making F-ing Videos" recouped what was spent on "Don't Cry", "November Rain" and "Estranged". Why it wasn't included on the "Welcome to the Videos" DVD, don't know, it's been bootlegged enough times. They could've thrown it in as a second disc if time was an issue.

Wrong channel then. But still a channel.

Eh, no, Baked FX isn't a channel.

FX is a TV channel, right? Is Baked FX something different? I'm not really up on American channels so this is getting confusing.

Baked FX

WHO WE ARE

Featuring award winning 2D and 3D talent, BAKED FX has established itself as an innovative force in visual effects. With a massive storage infrastructure and a sophisticated render system/pipeline, we are equipped to handle projects of any size and complexity. Our diverse reels can offer more examples of the wide range of talent and capabilities our team has to offer.

WHAT WE DO

Pre-Pro

VFX Consulting/Design

Conceptual Artwork

Pre-Viz

Storyboards

Production

On-set Supervision

Data Collection

LIDAR/Location Survey

HDRI/Ref Imaging

Online/Finishing

Clean-Up/Beauty Retouching

Compositing

Design/Motion Graphics/Titles

Photographic and Animated CG

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

Wrong channel then. But still a channel.

Eh, no, Baked FX isn't a channel.

FX is a TV channel, right? Is Baked FX something different? I'm not really up on American channels so this is getting confusing.

Baked FX

WHO WE ARE

Featuring award winning 2D and 3D talent, BAKED FX has established itself as an innovative force in visual effects. With a massive storage infrastructure and a sophisticated render system/pipeline, we are equipped to handle projects of any size and complexity. Our diverse reels can offer more examples of the wide range of talent and capabilities our team has to offer.

WHAT WE DO

Pre-Pro

VFX Consulting/Design

Conceptual Artwork

Pre-Viz

Storyboards

Production

On-set Supervision

Data Collection

LIDAR/Location Survey

HDRI/Ref Imaging

Online/Finishing

Clean-Up/Beauty Retouching

Compositing

Design/Motion Graphics/Titles

Photographic and Animated CG

Cool, thank you for the info.

The parts with buckethead and robin playing are my favorite..... Mostly because they're funny due to the fact theyre obviously not playing better lol. I also like the lband member intros. Can you imagine them putting this on tv and people seeing a list of like ten people "in" the band? Hilarious! The video is a train wreck.