"Better" music video leak discussion - DISCUSSION ONLY

ceres

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are people complaining about a video that was never released and for all we know was never finished or even perhaps scrapped just because it wasn't good enough?

Because it was mentioned and then didn't appear. It had that "mythic" status so to speak. It didn't meet the built up expectations some had. Not that hard to figure out really.

I still can't stress enough that after 2002, the next perfect opportunity to release the album was in the fall of 2006 (Oct,Nov,Dec). They was in the middle of a brilliant North American tour, and had just completed a succesful European tour. Then if this Better video was dropped at the same time, it would of just been amazing, and perfect timing.

Then the video would of fit in within current events with Guns, and it would of sold more tickets for the North American leg of the tour, as US fans would of been able to see from the video how energetic GN'R's live shows were. The album would of been better recieved, more concert tickets would of been sold, GN'R would not of needed to cancel those US shows infavour of studio time. And most importantly of all it would of confirmed to Robin that his last 10 years in GN'R wasn't a waste, and he may still be in the band today. B)

I think the most interesting part of the video is how into it Robin seems. There's the one part I think during his solo that looks like it was shot on a soundstage (a la Estranged) and Robin has a huge smile on his face most times he's shown in the vid.

I'm sure he would've appreciated a little more effort by Axl and releasing this video (as flawed as it is) would have gone a long way toward keeping him in the band.

I still can't stress enough that after 2002, the next perfect opportunity to release the album was in the fall of 2006 (Oct,Nov,Dec). They was in the middle of a brilliant North American tour, and had just completed a succesful European tour. Then if this Better video was dropped at the same time, it would of just been amazing, and perfect timing.

Then the video would of fit in within current events with Guns, and it would of sold more tickets for the North American leg of the tour, as US fans would of been able to see from the video how energetic GN'R's live shows were. The album would of been better recieved, more concert tickets would of been sold, GN'R would not of needed to cancel those US shows infavour of studio time. And most importantly of all it would of confirmed to Robin that his last 10 years in GN'R wasn't a waste, and he may still be in the band today. B)

a good post again

I think the most interesting part of the video is how into it Robin seems. There's the one part I think during his solo that looks like it was shot on a soundstage (a la Estranged) and Robin has a huge smile on his face most times he's shown in the vid.

I'm sure he would've appreciated a little more effort by Axl and releasing this video (as flawed as it is) would have gone a long way toward keeping him in the band.

love this post. axl showcases robin in the better music video like slash was showcase in music videos like estranged. magical

Why are people complaining about a video that was never released and for all we know was never finished or even perhaps scrapped just because it wasn't good enough?

Because people have an opinion?

:shrugs:

Sure, I didn't mean they shouldn't voice their opinion, I just felt it kinda got lost that they voiced their opinion on a possibly unfinished product and not the video as it was intended to be released.

Because people have an opinion?

:shrugs:

Sure, I didn't mean they shouldn't voice their opinion, I just felt it kinda got lost that they voiced their opinion on a possibly unfinished product and not the video as it was intended to be released.

unfinished in your mind because dj ashba doesn't want it released until he erases robin's presence and replaces robin with himself in the better music video?

i love it when axl's products are so bad, the only way a fan can rationalize it's existence is to believe that it was so unfinished it can't be evaluated. like any more reverb on the backing vocals of oh my god would have somehow made the song itself any better.

sorry soul monster... you can polish a turd, but it's still a turd. you're just going to have to accept that axl's grand vision included making a video that was every bit as shitty as the songs. don't blame reality. blame axl.

i love it when axl's products are so bad, the only way a fan can rationalize it's existence is to believe that it was so unfinished it can't be evaluated. like any more reverb on the backing vocals of oh my god would have somehow made the song itself any better.

sorry soul monster... you can polish a turd, but it's still a turd. you're just going to have to accept that axl's grand vision included making a video that was every bit as shitty as the songs. don't blame reality. blame axl.

I am not claiming it is not a turd, just saying it might not have been finished. Is people really expecting an unfinished product to be of equal quality as a finished product?

And don't try to claim I try to rationalize GN'R's bad products, I have no qualms about voicing my opinion on the shittiness of certain GN'R products at all.

Dude, you need to post more here. :thumbsup:

the better music is official. new. and finished product. i just disagree with sayin' it's a turd lol cause i think the better music video is the best guns n roses music video since estranged!

I am not claiming it is not a turd, just saying it might not have been finished. Is people really expecting an unfinished product to be of equal quality as a finished product?

And don't try to claim I try to rationalize GN'R's bad products, I have no qualms about voicing my opinion on the shittiness of certain GN'R products at all.

meh, i can say whatever the fuck i want to. neither your pedantic lectures nor your stuffy nerd tears can stop me.

video sucked. no amount of post production tinkering can change that. just like chinese democracy.

the better music is official. new. and finished product. i just disagree with sayin' it's a turd lol cause i think the better music video is the best guns n roses music video since estranged!

You clearly have no idea of video editing. The only reason any GN'R fan likes this video is for the UNSEEN backstage footage and also some funny parts. On what concerns live performance editing is soooo bad... How can you edit a video where Axl is singing in the song and in the video he is running around??? It wasn't polished enough to be an official video and probably that is the reason why it was never released... Then we can argue about the little red devils.... but that's taste. I don't mind them even if it's plain weird. The bad live video editing is enough to understand why this video wasn't released.