"Better" music video leak discussion - DISCUSSION ONLY

ceres

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes there's definitely bound to be a HD version of this somewhere, this is just a rough cut of low quality that got out by accident. I miss this group of musicians so much, Robin, Bucket and Brain. If you think of the Rio 2001 show, it's hard to believe that 4 of those members are gone now. A lot has changed indeed, I just wish GN'R could function smoothly without all of these misses opportunities.... The potential if the last 10 years makes you sad when you realise what has become of them.

Definitely this. :thumbsup:

+1

I had some respect for Bucket Robin Brain, the force behind Chinese Democracy. The Rio 2001 show was the highlight of the past 12 years for new GN'R. They played the new songs like they were their own, and they covered the old songs to keep the fans happy. Once the important members quit, it went to total cover band, more old songs and cover songs (by other bands) were thrown into the mix, there only purpose to lenghten shows that began late.

Edited by vaida

Just saw it. Edited in that slick n' quick style. Doesn't hold a candle to any other GNR vid. Does make me miss the 2006 Axl though <----- That guy gave a shit.....but I digress.

The intro is cool with the Ferrari ya we get it Axl you're a big-fuckin-deal. Not sure about showing the member's names like that. I know you're trying to introduce the band to the world but there's a cooler way to do it rather than just splashing their names up there comic book style.

I liked the little red devil man. Lars and Sebastian are kinda douche-y. GREAT to see Buckethead and Brain. That is all.

Well ... it's fun to finally see the video after having heard snippets of it discussed here and there from various sources (like that supposed Lars clearance holdup).

But the video is quite weak. I enjoyed the backstage segments, but this is from the same dude who did "November Rain" and "Jungle"? Really?

Maybe it was just a rough cut. The CGI elements were pretty bad though.

But again, we're starving here as fans so any little bit is good. Nice to have something to talk about again. It's been kinda quiet lately. haha

Well ... it's fun to finally see the video after having heard snippets of it discussed here and there from various sources (like that supposed Lars clearance holdup).

But the video is quite weak. I enjoyed the backstage segments, but this is from the same dude who did "November Rain" and "Jungle"? Really?

But again, we're starving here as fans so any little bit is good. Nice to have something to talk about again. It's been kinda quiet lately. haha

:sleeper:

Losing Robin was the second worst thing to happen to Axl (after losing Slash).

Its turned him into the thing we never thought (or hoped) would happen: Vince Neil.

Loosing Robin Bucket Brain was a blow for all future live performances of any track from Chinese Democracy.

I agree.

I've got a new view on the video :D

BETTER

bet·ter/ˈbetər/

Verb: Improve on or surpass (an existing or previous level or achievement): "bettering his previous time".

Maybe it was supposed to be irrelevant that none of the footage matched the audio. Maybe the whole purpose of the video was simply about Axl feeling Better, and the footage used was supposed to convey this.

Axl driving a Ferrari Enzo, getting out and smiling - Axl feeling Better

Axl being called 'Boss' - Axl feeling Better

Axl on stage in front of a large crowd and the crowd all cheering him - Axl feeling Better

Axl behind the stage surrounded by people, everyone is on top of the world and happy - Axl feeling Better

..or I could be wrong, and the video really is a poor music video :shrugs:

Edited by vaida