Earliest and Latest Guns N' Roses Start Times?

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

I presume the earliest was the RDS in Dublin 2006. The band went on at 7.59pm (they were due on at 8pm) which means they were one minute early. That was an outdoor show and the only reference Axl made to it was 'ahh I'm melting, I'm melting' as he looked towards the sun. They're really strict there because of the residental areas. Still, it was really impressive.

When was the latest he ever went on?

I remember that in the '90s he one got to the show late 'cause he went to see some show (i think fireworks) on his way and later told the crowd that they should regret not seeing that. I guess that would be quite late (more than the usual 2/3 hours).

I remember that in the '90s he one got to the show late 'cause he went to see some show (i think fireworks) on his way and later told the crowd that they should regret not seeing that. I guess that would be quite late (more than the usual 2/3 hours).

Oh yes I think that was a Swedish show?

Oh yes I think that was a Swedish show?

I don't remember right now.

Thought they went on at about 7:45 at Download 2006 or something, they were due to start at around 8ish but went on early and my brother missed the start as he expected them to be late :lol:

Oh really? That's interesting because the 2006 show in Dublin was also part of the Download festival :o

They started at lke 2 AM one time during the 2010 South America tour.

On São Paulo they started at 01:50, I was there.

But on Rock in Rio IV last year, they started at 2:40 (and went until 5:10).

I was there too, fuck me right?

I remember before the concert you joked about Paradise City being played with the sun rising, Bacardi.

Well, it actually happened. When the concert finished, the sun was already on the sky.

Fucking Axl... On Rock in Rio III, they started at 2:20 because Axl wanted to watch the Oasis concert on TV at the hotel, and not backstage.

And when it finished, a helicopter picked him, but when it arrived at the City of Rock, Axl asked him to stay on the air above the crowd for some long time because he was amazed by the size of it, and just kept staring, totally impressed.

I guess he couldn't believe how much people were still there, after 2 AM just to see him, after 9 years...

10 years later, he still managed to fill the City of Rock, again, for the third time.

Wake up man, I don't think you would be able to do that one more time.

Edited by ManetsBR

2:40*

it's crazy that a big city like Sao Paolo allows concerts to start at 2.

Allows? 2 am at SP and 2:40 at Rio, I was at both of them, but what we were gonna do? Break stuff?

well,I meant "allow" as in concert promoters and the stadium lets the band start at 2.

It's one thing to be ;late at Rio,it's a festival,I understand other performers are late there too ,no?

but SP was at an arena/stadium,right,and GNR was headliling?

Latest was probably the House of Blues, in the morning if January 1, 2001. They started at around 3:30 am.

A lot of the Asian shows started pretty early because trains don't run late. Tokyo was a really long show and they were wrapping it up at around 10 or 11pm I think.

Latest was probably the House of Blues, in the morning if January 1, 2001. They started at around 3:30 am.

A lot of the Asian shows started pretty early because trains don't run late. Tokyo was a really long show and they were wrapping it up at around 10 or 11pm I think.

You actually think Axl cared about the fans train ride home? LOL.....

You actually think Axl cared about the fans train ride home? LOL.....

If the london show is ever released you see axl talk about cutting out the encore so fans can catch the last trains home. The following night the played longer and put on late trains, which i'd imagine come out of the bands touring budget.

However fans just need to learn to drive to the shows, problem solved ;)

Fucking Axl... On Rock in Rio III, they started at 2:20 because Axl wanted to watch the Oasis concert on TV at the hotel, and not backstage.

And when it finished, a helicopter picked him, but when it arrived at the City of Rock, Axl asked him to stay on the air above the crowd for some long time because he was amazed by the size of it, and just kept staring, totally impressed.

I guess he couldn't believe how much people were still there, after 2 AM just to see him, after 9 years...

10 years later, he still managed to fill the City of Rock, again, for the third time.

Did he tell you that?