Billie Joe Armstrong - Iheart festival rant

Axl_morris

Don't think it's been discussed, but he went KA-RAY-ZEE!!!!!

Billie Joe is seeking treatment for substance abuse. We would like everyone to know that our set was not cut short by Clear Channel and to apologize to those we offended at the iHeartRadio Festival in Las Vegas. We regretfully must postpone some of our upcoming promotional appearances.
- greenday websitre

So, did they have there time cut short, the apology seems forced? Or do you think he went out on a rock n roll rant to raise awareness of there 3 new albums???

Yeah, pretty immature and kind of sad. Considering their set got cut short for Usher I think he did have to say something, because seriously fuck Usher, but he played it off like shit and just came off as a bratty little kid who's mom told him "no" or something

If you look at the apology it would seem they weren't cut short for Usher...dude just went crazy.

He has been messed up since they broke out of the underground.

When was Greenday ever underground lol

From like 1988-1992

There was nothing underground about punk rock by '88.

It was over for all intents and purposes.

These guys were second, third string bananas aping what had come before.

He has been messed up since they broke out of the underground.

When was Greenday ever underground lol

From like 1988-1992

There was nothing underground about punk rock by '88.

It was over for all intents and purposes.

These guys were second, third string bananas aping what had come before.

Blah blah blah. They weren't on a major and had a cult following, that's underground, regardless of any of your generational prejudices. Who gives a fuck? You wanna stop people from playing Blues, Swing, Rockabilly, etc. too?

Oh the blues purist that trashes everything he doesn't like on here is getting high and mighty, that's rich.

Punk as a movement had been played out, everything it had to offer was already on the table.

It went from getting your head kicked in at school even you had the stones to show up as a punk to being socially acceptable, and like...totally rad.

Some high school guys playing for their friends after the fact is not underground.

Not being signed to a major fresh out of the gate does not make what you claim to represent underground.

No one's trying to stop any music from being played here, I just get amused when someone hands me a day old bologna sandwhich and tries to tell me it's a freshly made chicken on rye.

Anyway, yeah that was totally punk rock that gig they played with what...was it Usher and Rihanna or something??...punk rock!

I thought his little flare up sounded fake as shit and his guitar smash up was limp.

It all smacked of cheap promo to hype the new record.

Worked didn't it...

pff gimme a fuckin break zint. Green Day in 2012 is not a great example but punk rock is very much alive and evolving into the 21st century, so many great new bands putting out great records "under the radar" it's not even funny

So putting out a record "under the radar" makes a band punk rock these days?

Wow...way to bring something new and original to the table!

It's played out, it had its day.

What passes as "punk rock" these days is now socially acceptable by millions worldwide.

The bank clerk down the road has spikey hair.

It's listened to in school now in order to be one of the "cool" kids.

Vive le green hair. :jerkoff:

Dude, I play Blues. Just because I'm late to the party doesn't mean I shouldn't love the music and help to keep it alive. How am I a "purist"? I love a lot of Blues from the Pre-War through to Zeppelin. You sound like the purist here.

So, you got your ass beat for being Punk, therefore anyone who was influenced by the music and came after but did not go through that, is shit? You might not like the music. We all have tastes. But if you really like the music, you should be happy that it made an impact and has continued to survive through the younger generations. Everything turns safe eventually. Everything.

You're always right there pulling other people's taste in music apart so don't get too carried away here, so many times I could have tossed a "blah blah blah" at you in response to some of your opinions about music, but haven't...unless provoked by you first.

I don't agree that Green Day was underground and stated so.

I think there's a difference between underground and independent (especially these days), but hey...believe what you want.

Didn't get my ass beat as a punk, it was more about being willing to get your ass beat for believing in something that the masses did not.

It was a life choice.

It had nothing to do with liking a band because Kyle and Ashley and the other cool kids at school think Green Day is rad.

It was more about being willing to go to a bar or play a gig in a bar knowing full well that if the boys from the local army barracks were off for the night you were more than likely to get a visit from snarling,growling,drunken maniacs whose sole purpose that evening was to put you in the hospital...for sport.

What's lost on you is...you went there anyway.

You took that chance and so did a few hundred like minded kindred spirits who were willing to risk that because you believed enough to stand up to that.And you faced it again on the walk home.You faced it on the buses, you faced it in the schools, you faced it on the job lines. You faced it from cops, you face it from parents, you faced it from siblings, you faced it from your rocker friends who disowned you.

But you were willing to pay that price.You knew where you stood and you did so proudly knowing that 99.5% of the people in that city hated your guts for doing so.

It was so much more than the music that made an impact, if you lived it, then you would know.

I have no problem with the innovators and people with original ideas and concepts from that era having made an impact on younger generations.

One would hope that it would inspire those same people to create something of their own.

Put a stamp on their own identity.

I don't need "Tre Cool" making one of his goofy mug faces in to the camera to keep the spirit alive for me thanks.

I just see that shit and think "toss off already".

If Blink 182 is your idea of the spirit being kept alive, we're on two different pages. :shrugs:

So yeah...where were we?

Oh yeah...a hissy fit because Usher played too long.

Right.

Carry on.

greenday has always been awful minus 2 or 3 songs. i really wouldnt even call them punk

We have a winner!

Green Day kicks ass. Dookie is better than anything Gn'R ever did.

Get the fuck outta here! :jerkoff:

I like Green Day and Dookie's a great album but GD can't hold a fuckin' candle to GNR. AFD >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CD>>Dookie