How do you think GNR will end?

bacardimayne

When and how do you think GNR will come to an end? Don't give me any "GNR lives forever!" bullshit. Eventually GNR will come to a complete and total halt, the only question is when.

Personally, I think Axl and co. (possibly with some firings/replacements) will continue to tour until Axl is around 55. After one last South America tour, Axl will just quietly retire. No official statement, no "Farewell Tour", just disappear. Official stuff like the GNR Facebook will be taken offline soon after. From then on, all we'll see of Axl is the rare candid shot of him in public. There will never be a new album or a reunion.

When and how do you think GNR will come to an end? Don't give me any "GNR lives forever!" bullshit. Eventually GNR will come to a complete and total halt, the only question is when.

Personally, I think Axl and co. (possibly with some firings/replacements) will continue to tour until Axl is around 55. After one last South America tour, Axl will just quietly retire. No official statement, no "Farewell Tour", just disappear. Official stuff like the GNR Facebook will be taken offline soon after. From then on, all we'll see of Axl is the rare candid shot of him in public. There will never be a new album or a reunion.

Barring some details, agreed. GN'R aren't the type of band to have a farewell tour.

When and how do you think GNR will come to an end?

I suppose this question is meant for those who have been living under a rock for the past 2 decades. It is well-documented that GNR ended when Axl started issuing contracts, firing members, hiring friends, taking the stage hours late every night, etc.

Guns N' Roses have already ended in 1996 or 1997.

Agree with demon.......the band ended with the softest of whimpers after TSI? failed to make any real waves.

Without a follow up album in 95 or 96....they were just forgotten. Bands like Pearl Jam and Radiohead and even Eminem came along and GNR was the band that time forgot...just swept under the rug.

What we have now is a so much less than what they were it barely even counts as a band. They are so far below the radar they may as well be underground.

As far as the media or public is concerned, there is NO gnr and hasn't been since around 94.

However Axl wants to "end" his current thing doesn't really matter cause nobody's paying attention. Most likely he'll just stop showing up one day, like he did 20 years ago, and that will be that.

To the smartasses saying it died in the 90s, let me rephrase the question.

What do you think is the last thing Axl will do with the GNR name, and when will this happen?

tee hee

Is there an issue?

the idea of this garbage coming to an end must make him feel sick... maybe he thinks fakegnr will last forever :lol:

In 5 years? Unless his voice craps out, he'll still be out there singing, it's when he starts talking about selling photography or painting where he'd bow out of music altogether. I mean, when someone says they're on a "retirement tour" in their 40s, it's kind of a joke that backfires.

There's still singers older than him out there. His voice is going to diminish over time, and when someone else is singing songs he used to effortlessly do, he'll prob. call it a day, but people will just go because he's on stage and be a curmudgeonly bastard like some old crotchety performers get.

Seriously - Axl can't do what Rollins does, just go on stage and just talk for a couple of hours? I think everyone would pay to see that. I think Scott Ian's been doing those type of shows where he just gets up and starts talking. Shit, Axl's got a lot to talk about, might as well get paid for it. Easy money.

Jerry Lee Lewis, Little Richard, and Chuck Berry are elderly, but they're still performing.

In 5 years? Unless his voice craps out, he'll still be out there singing, it's when he starts talking about selling photography or painting where he'd bow out of music altogether. I mean, when someone says they're on a "retirement tour" in their 40s, it's kind of a joke that backfires.

There's still singers older than him out there. His voice is going to diminish over time, and when someone else is singing songs he used to effortlessly do, he'll prob. call it a day, but people will just go because he's on stage and be a curmudgeonly bastard like some old crotchety performers get.

Seriously - Axl can't do what Rollins does, just go on stage and just talk for a couple of hours? I think everyone would pay to see that. I think Scott Ian's been doing those type of shows where he just gets up and starts talking. Shit, Axl's got a lot to talk about, might as well get paid for it. Easy money.

Jerry Lee Lewis, Little Richard, and Chuck Berry are elderly, but they're still performing.

In the last two years his voice has gone from great to utter shit and it's only going to get worse, fast.