Bumblefoot apologizes to mygnrforum user ignaliza

gunsguy

In fact, Bumblefoot might have come here more often

Nah. if he didn't come for damage control, he wouldn't come at all.

Wrong. He has hung out on the official chat a few times without doing it for damage control. Are you not aware Bumblefoot is fond of chatting with fans?

Wrong. He wouldn't be here if ignaliza hadn't made the post. Ron may like to chat, but not here, as you can see by his posting history. If you think he's the coolest guitar player on Earth, good. Just don't tell us he used to spend his time on mygnr having fun and now it's over.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong. He has hung out on the official chat a few times without doing it for damage control. Are you not aware Bumblefoot is fond of chatting with fans?

Wrong. He wouldn't be here if ignaliza hadn't made the post. Ron may like to chat, but not here, as you can see by his posting history. If you think he's the coolest guitar player on Earth, good. Just don't tell us he used to spend his time on mygnr having fun and now it's over.

It's not wrong that he didn't only came here for damage control. I have never claimed he "used to spend his time" here and from whose ass did you drag out that nonsense about me thinking he is "the coolest guitar player on Earth"?

Edited by SoulMonster

Soulmonster you have no clue what you are talking about. A cover song according to Merriam Webster's dictionary is

a recording or performance of a song previously recorded by another performer

Bumblefoot DID NOT perform or Record ANY of GNR's hits or songs that made them popular. So he is covering them. Enough said. It's not an insult. It's a fact.

Soulmonster you have no clue what you are talking about. A cover song according to Merriam Webster's dictionary is

a recording or performance of a song previously recorded by another performer

Bumblefoot DID NOT perform or Record ANY of GNR's hits or songs that made them popular. So he is covering them. Enough said. It's not an insult. It's a fact.

No one asked Bumblefoot about "what it is like to play other people's music", he was asked "how it felt to be in a cover band" and GN'R simply isn't a cover band. Calling the band Bumblefoot plays in for a "cover band" is factual wrong and insulting because it likens GN'R to pub bands without their own music. It is a cheap shot. And it was just one out of a many insults thrown at Bumblefoot when he came here.

Utennavn2.png

Edited by SoulMonster

The truth is that you're a bunch of assholes. Truth is that he's a member of the same band that recorded all those songs - not his fault if others left. Truth is that he's a musician that has earned respect from everyone but old bitter retarded closed minded GnR "fans", and that they don't matter at all because they're a minority that can't leave him alone and can't live past 93. Truth is that you'll keep reading and he'll keep living. That's why you're a bunch of douches and everyone knows that - you know who you are. :)

The truth is that you're a bunch of assholes. Truth is that he's a member of the same band that recorded all those songs - not his fault if others left. Truth is that he's a musician that has earned respect from everyone but old bitter retarded closed minded GnR "fans", and that they don't matter at all because they're a minority that can't leave him alone and can't live past 93. Truth is that you'll keep reading and he'll keep living. That's why you're a bunch of douches and everyone knows that - you know who you are. :)

gnr is lucky to have fans like you. good job dude! but i think your feelings wouldn't get hurt over HTGTH, why don't you give it a try? only real fans over there, i'm sure you'll love it.

gnr is lucky to have fans like you. good job dude! but i think your feelings wouldn't get hurt over HTGTH, why don't you give it a try? only real fans over there, i'm sure you'll love it.

Do you having a problem grasping the not-so-subtle difference between 'fair criticism' and 'unfair insults'?

Do you having a problem grasping the not-so-subtle difference between 'fair criticism' and 'unfair insults'?

Yes, plenty posters that don't like the current lineup can come up with good and coherent posts on why they don't like certain members and/or songs/shows. People like pi2loc, dazey and droezle are totally different from BBA, bobbo and SS.

I think it's pretty obvious that there are several people who seem unable to grasp that difference. It's also more than coincidental IMO that those same individuals are not really big fans of the post-Slash/Duff era of GN'R.

Ali

Utennavn3.png

I don't see nothing wrong with this post. That's the truth and those questions are very real.

I am looking forward to hearing what UK Subs and highvoltage will do about this.

As far as I know, nothing will happen. I believe Bobbo and BBA have been warned, but if you think they're going to be banned, then... :lol:

Utennavn3.png

I don't see nothing wrong with this post. That's the truth and those questions are very real.

GN'R being at a standstill is just an opinion because we don't know what is happening behind the scenes. For all we know the band may be in negotiation with labels, mixing old songs, creating revenue to cover expenses with releasing the next record, etc etc. We just don't know. Calling GN'R a coverband is patently wrong. Throwing negative opinions as if they are facts and derogatory labelling GN'R a coverband just isn't "the truth" and whereas the questions and intention behind the question are real or not, is irrelevant, the whole phrasing of the questions are insulting and abrasive.

I am looking forward to hearing what UK Subs and highvoltage will do about this.

As far as I know, nothing will happen. I believe Bobbo and BBA have been warned, but if you think they're going to be banned, then... :lol:

I am really curious as to what will happen and am patiently awaiting:

UK Subs:

The News and Discussion area is PRO-NuGNR discussion and needs cleaning up, I accept this and we need to react and unfortunately certain members have shown their true colors, the masks have slipped and we'll be responding accordingly.

We will be taking action, thank you.

I sure hope they will be banned because as far as I know they don't add anything of value to this forum (except perhaps donations).

Utennavn3.png

How is indirectely calling someone who before 2006 was a very respected musician among professional guitarists ( got praise from people like Paul Gilbert, John Petrucci, Joe Satriani, John 5 . . . ) an underachiever simply because he accepted to join Axl Rose's touring band NOT wrong ?

Would you dare ask Todd Kerns the same question for instance or do you only ask BBF because you can ?

( not talking about you pi2loc as you are reasonnable in your criticism in general, just making a point : it's not because you can ask someone something that you have to, it's called having class )

Edited by The Glow Inc.

i think many gnr fans are frustrated with the lack of news and new material. i understand the agressive take in the question and i think ron understands that too. or he would've posted in htgth instead. ron is a smart person and i'm sure he feels a better connection with the mygnr community than htgth's. i hope bba and bobbo won't be banned.

has earned respect from everyone but old bitter retarded closed minded GnR "fans", and that they don't matter at all because they're a minority that can't leave him alone and can't live past 93.

Seems like you have been closed up in your room way too long reading the forum. Axl as much as I like him as a singer-songwriter is not really well respected from everyone like you say. Actually he is truly controversial as a personality. Also most people among the millions that bought the original 5 GNR records and put the band on the map are not really interested or aware of what Axl is up to these days.

A huge stadium band turned into an arena band and that's a fact. So get your facts right first before making claims that are not accurate.

i think many gnr fans are frustrated with the lack of news and new material. i understand the agressive take in the question and i think ron understands that too. or he would've posted in htgth instead. ron is a smart person and i'm sure he feels a better connection with the mygnr community than htgth's. i hope bba and bobbo won't be banned.

There's no doubt many fans are frustrated with the lack of material just as there is no doubt there are many haters who would harass Bumblefoot when given the chance.

I wasn't talking shit, and that's the sincere truth.

Hahaha, that's hilarious! You are really cracking me up this morning! :D

So saying to Bumblefoot that he plays in a "glorious karaoke 'band'" is NOT talking shit? Using your own bitterness and highly subjective opinions of what GN'R has become as a source for slamming Bumblefoot and his career decisions is NOT talking shit?

Utennavn8.png

So saying that Bumblefoot's biggest moment in his career is playing a residency in Vegas when he has played on a multi million selling record as well as toured the world, is NOT talking shit? And insinuating that he is not allowed to speak is NOT talking shit?

Utennavn7.png

So throwing your own biased perception of the band not progressing in the face of Bumblefoot as if it were a fact, is NOT talking shit? And claiming that his band is a cover band while the percentage of covers at a GN'R concert is only around 5-10 % and while they play 5-7 songs Bumblefoot himself added parts to, is NOT talking shit?

Utennavn3.png

These aren't all "facts", these aren't all examples of you "calling a spade a spade", these are all examples of you taking your own subjective and negative opinions and throwing them at Bumblefoot as if they were facts and as if you are actually wanting him to answer them whereas all you wanted to do was to harass him because you are pathetically unhappy about the situation and completely without aim as to who is to blame for your own failed expectations. Bumblefoot is a great guy who is extremely friendly towards the fan base, and you treated him like shit and then you come here and try to make it out as you "weren't talking shit". That's asshole behaviour if I ever saw it.

Sorry it took me a few days to get back to you, I've been extremely busy with school, work, and attempting to catch up on sleep this past week, and haven't had time to fully address your little rant.

Truth and facts aren't always pretty. But just because they're negative and unfortunate, doesn't mean they're not facts. Let's lay them down shall we.

Bumble is pretty much participating in a glorified karaoke outfit. Especially his part which I'll get into in a little bit. I never said the biggest moment of his career was playing a Vegas residency. But the biggest moment of his career in terms of exposure and pay WAS joining Axl's band, which is now a Vegas residency. Before he was virtually unknown outside of the nerdiest of guitar nerds.-FACT.

Chinese Democracy did sell millions of records (although, let's not pretend that was solely, or even majorly because of it's actual content), but it was, as even you said, the one GNR album that didn't connect to an audience-fact. And how much credit can you really give to Bumble for that? He joined the "band" in May 2006. The record according to Del James had finished recording by February 2007, but even if it hadn't, we know it was handed into the label, completed, by early January 2008. He has no writing credits, and his contributions, based on the demos and the fact that he was only around for recording a few months for a record that was a decade+ in the making, are pretty minor in the grand scheme of things. The songs were already pretty well established before he arrived. Also, as somebody pointed out, a cover artist can also be defined as somebody who covers other people's work, and that especially applies to Bumble. Since at least Rio last year, with the only exception being the rare and occasional performance of Shackler's Revenge, Bumble, as the "band's" lead guitarist goes for the majority of the tours playing ENTIRE SHOWS of lead guitar to "GNR" songs that he had NOTHING to do with. The same of course, obviously applies to DJ, but that's another story for another day.-Fact, fact, fact.

I also saw you say later that the whole "standstill" comment was opinion instead of fact, because "there could be behind the scenes negotiations, talk, blah, blah, blah), and while that can very well be true, it doesn't mean we're not still at a standstill currently, nor do we know when, or even if, this current "band" will ever move forward creatively. Actions speak louder than words, and talk is cheap.-FACT.

As for the rest of it, let's get some things straight. The first thing I posted was the last thing you quoted, and I posted that before I was aware Bumble was in the chats. I then copied and pasted it, and asked him, word for word what you quoted me posting, directly in the chats. He answered no problem, and answered about 6 or 7 more questions following that no problem. I know, I know some people (NOT Bumble) thought I was being "annoying" (oh the irony :lol: :lol: ) because I was copying and pasting my questions over and over again to battle through the countless brain farts such as "What's your favorite ice cream", "What's your opinion on Dexter" type shit literally every 3 seconds, and they were in fear I might annoy or scare Bumble off, which of course, I didn't. And the questions I asked were pretty respectful in themselves as well. Just; "Is Blood in the Water real?", is "Better Gone" real? "Do you personally feel there will ever be another album?" Nothing too hardcore, and he answered the questions respectfully, and everything was cool. Now my initial question might have been blunt, might have been hard hitting, might not have been sugar coated, but it was not disrespectful. It was established facts. Established fact Bumble HAD to know people were wondering and criticizing both him and the "band" he's in. I geniunely wanted to know how he felt about it, and figured to get an honest, non sugarcoated answer, I'd ask it the way I did. You might not had agreed with my methods, but each to their own. I know you don't believe that, but I'm being honest here. I asked him point blank, he answered no problem (although it was the generic, expected answer everybody expected him to say, "I'm happy in life, I hope you are too, whatever") Same with the rest of my questions in the chat. Mostly everybody that was in the chats has been saying I didn't say anything too out of line or disrespectful. But you weren't even there. So how would you know? :shrugs: I also find it hilarious that YOU took more offense to that question than Bumble actually did. Lmfao.

Now as for the rest of your quotes, here's what happened. Ali responded to the initial question quoted in your last quote, in that thread, saying it was too harsh, I was just trying to provoke a reaction, that it was disrespectful, blah, blah, whatever. IN RESPONSE TO ALI'S POST, AND ALI'S POST ONLY, I said that if Ron had little virgin ears, and couldn't handle the facts raised in my question, then I don't care if he posts here or not. This was again before the chats. Now, I realize I could had worded it better, but again, it wasn't an attempted insult at Bumble, it was a mockery of Ali thinking Bumble was a sensitive little Sally Sundress. AFTER THE CHATS, Bumble read that, misread/didn't comprehended what I said, called me a pussy, and ran off. I answered at first trying to figure out why he was mad, and then tried to explain what I was saying, and he still more or less told me to fuck off. And THAT'S when I said what I said in the first two quoted posts. Sorry, but I don't care if your Axl's current errand boy, or Average Joe, respect is a two way street, and you only get what you give. And what I said was STILL established facts based on what I explained in the opening of my post.

It was also then it dawned on me that the whole situation of why he was even here was so asinine. Even you agreed it was for damage control. He made a rookie mistake telling some random Joe Schmo what he told him, and then has a temper tantrum and acts baffled because it got leaked? BAHAHAHA. That's his fault. He should had known better, especially being in the type of "band" that he's in, and knowing Axl likes to keep shit internal and locked up. He'a clearly unhappy in Axl's group, and even as you said back when he had his little twitter rant in the Summer, he should just leave. Yeah, Axl's actions back in that scenario were very dickish, but it's Axl, and he'll clearly never change. Such is life. Gee, I wonder why he just doesn't quit....hmmmm.....maybe all that integrity he has...hmm... :rolleyes: . Only in GNR land do fans get criticized for expecting a "member" of "GNR" to talk "GNR" instead of his favorite color. :rofl-lol:. Sure he might be forbidden by Axl to talk about "GNR" in depth, fair enough, but metaphorically, that is kind of a muzzle, and thus, just calling a spade a spade.

The man has never once, NEVER ONCE, just popped in to talk to the fans to talk to the fans throughout the years. The only time he's ever been here was to do damage control. So this whole "never coming back" business is a complete utter joke. He never came here in the first place just to chit chat with fans. And for him to act baffled that there are critics who see the truth like that and speak their minds, is just a result of either him being completely naive, or hanging out with Jarmo wayyyyyy tooo much. I also commend him for exclusively just posting on that rip off of an official forum. The shit's gotta have SOME perks. It's a morally great decision on his part. I'm being dead serious here. If you're that upset about it, fork up some dough and join that forum if you're THAT curious as to what brand of toilet paper he uses to wipe his ass. Be my guest. Now feel free to pick my post apart piece by piece, instead of the whole point, and take it out of context like you usually do. Carry on. :popcorn: .

And Pi2loc- You brought up a great point. Obviously I haven't been banned, nor have I have been given a suspension or even a warning over this whole debacle. And I don't think I should solely based on Subsy's word that fans will not be censored to benefit MyGnr's relationship with "GNR" themselves. Warning, suspending, or even banning me would backtrack that same concept we've been being fed here since the launch. BS and HV did enough in that regard in the chats, but that's another discussion entirely...

Edited by Bobbo

Bobbo,

- "Glorified karoke band". Sorry, I really didn't get your explanation for how it is a fact that GN'R is a "glorified karaoke band". Here's a definition of 'karaoke' to help you along: an act of singing along to a music video, especially one from which the original vocals have been electronically eliminated. Good luck!

- "Coverband". Claiming that Bumblefoot is a "cover artist" -- which may be true -- doesn't really establish it as a fact that GN'R is a cover band.

- "Standstill". It is not a fact that GN'R is at a standstill before it has been demonstrated to be so. That would include knowing what goes on beyond the scene, something you don't. One would hope that a guy who works on a scientific publication would know what a fact is and what it takes for something to be considered a fact and not only a hypothesis or an opinion.

So what you did was throw your abrasive and offensive opinions and non-facts at Bumblefoot. And that IS a fact.

Wrong? How many times has he come around mygnrforum for damage control? Not only this time, but other times aswell. And how many times has he come around just for the fun of it? None. So how can you ever say that I was wrong.

I never said Bumblefoot is not fond of chatting with fans or any of the sort so don't try to make it look like I did.

Wrong? How many times has he come around mygnrforum for damage control? Not only this time, but other times aswell. And how many times has he come around just for the fun of it? None. So how can you ever say that I was wrong.

I never said Bumblefoot is not fond of chatting with fans or any of the sort so don't try to make it look like I did.

Of course I can say you are wrong when it is a fact that he has visited this forum for other reasons than damage control in the past. It is also a fact that he visits other boards to chat and hang out.

Bobbo,

- "Glorified karoke band". Sorry, I really didn't get your explanation for how it is a fact that GN'R is a "glorified karaoke band". Here's a definition of 'karaoke' to help you along: an act of singing along to a music video, especially one from which the original vocals have been electronically eliminated. Good luck!

- "Coverband". Claiming that Bumblefoot is a "cover artist" -- which may be true -- doesn't really establish it as a fact that GN'R is a cover band.

- "Standstill". It is not a fact that GN'R is at a standstill before it has been demonstrated to be so. That would include knowing what goes on beyond the scene, something you don't. One would hope that a guy who works on a scientific publication would know what a fact is and what it takes for something to be considered a fact and not only a hypothesis or an opinion.

So what you did was throw your abrasive and offensive opinions and non-facts at Bumblefoot. And that IS a fact.

They are essentially a cover band, and that's what I said all along, playing and cashing in on a overwhelming majority of a set list they had nothing to do with. Fact. Like how a karaoke artist goes up to a stand, and sings songs they had nothing to do with. A pretty accurate comparison. Also a factual one.

Even with Chinese stuff thrown in, Bumble's, Frank's, Fortus's, contributions were very minor in the grand scheme of things, Dj's were nonexistent and again, Bumble and Dj spend entire shows playing lead guitar to GNR songs they had nothing to do with. Again, sorry the truth hurts. Fact.

Just because a city might have plans and negotiations to eventually get the ball rolling in terms of fixing the shitty roads, doesn't mean that people aren't still driving on shitty roads. Talk is cheap, and unless the wheels actually do start turning, we are factually still at a standstill in terms of moving forward. Fact.

Way to ignore all the other points raised and twist concepts. That is what you do best :rolleyes: .

Edited by Bobbo

Bobbo,

They are essentially a cover band, and that's what I said all along, playing and cashing in on a overwhelming majority of a set list they had nothing to do with. Fact. Like how a karaoke artist goes up to a stand, and sings songs they had nothing to do with. A pretty accurate comparison. Also a factual one.

Even with Chinese stuff thrown in, Bumble's, Frank's, Fortus's, contributions were very minor in the grand scheme of things, Dj's were nonexistent and again, Bumble and Dj spend entire shows playing lead guitar to GNR songs they had nothing to do with. Again, sorry the truth hurts. Fact.

Just because a city might have plans and negotiations to eventually get the ball rolling in terms of fixing the shitty roads, doesn't mean that people aren't still driving on shitty roads. Talk is cheap, and unless the wheels actually do start turning, we are factually still at a standstill in terms of moving forward. Fact.

Way to ignore all the other points raised and twist concepts. That is what you do best :rolleyes: .

A cover band is a band that plays other bands' music. Guns N' Roses plays only a few covers at each gig. Guns N' Roses is not a cover band.

A karaoke band is a band that allows other guys, usually audience members, to come up and sing the vocals on popular songs. Guns N' Roses is not a karaoke band.

We are "not factually" at a standstill unless it is proven that we are indeed at a standstill. Until it has been proven it is merely a hypothesis.

Good luck with your degree!

So to summarize: you threw lots of insulting opinions and non-facts at Bumblefoot and now you fail at trying to twist your posts into merely an innocent presentation of facts. Hilarious.