Bumblefoot apologizes to mygnrforum user ignaliza

gunsguy

Bobbo,

- "Glorified karoke band". Sorry, I really didn't get your explanation for how it is a fact that GN'R is a "glorified karaoke band". Here's a definition of 'karaoke' to help you along: an act of singing along to a music video, especially one from which the original vocals have been electronically eliminated. Good luck!

- "Coverband". Claiming that Bumblefoot is a "cover artist" -- which may be true -- doesn't really establish it as a fact that GN'R is a cover band.

- "Standstill". It is not a fact that GN'R is at a standstill before it has been demonstrated to be so. That would include knowing what goes on beyond the scene, something you don't. One would hope that a guy who works on a scientific publication would know what a fact is and what it takes for something to be considered a fact and not only a hypothesis or an opinion.

So what you did was throw your abrasive and offensive opinions and non-facts at Bumblefoot. And that IS a fact.

They are essentially a cover band, and that's what I said all along, playing and cashing in on a overwhelming majority of a set list they had nothing to do with. Fact. Like how a karaoke artist goes up to a stand, and sings songs they had nothing to do with. A pretty accurate comparison. Also a factual one.

Even with Chinese stuff thrown in, Bumble's, Frank's, Fortus's, contributions were very minor in the grand scheme of things, Dj's were nonexistent and again, Bumble and Dj spend entire shows playing lead guitar to GNR songs they had nothing to do with. Again, sorry the truth hurts. Fact.

Just because a city might have plans and negotiations to eventually get the ball rolling in terms of fixing the shitty roads, doesn't mean that people aren't still driving on shitty roads. Talk is cheap, and unless the wheels actually do start turning, we are factually still at a standstill in terms of moving forward. Fact.

Way to ignore all the other points raised and twist concepts. That is what you do best :rolleyes: .

A cover band is a band that plays other bands' music. Guns N' Roses plays only a few covers at each gig. Guns N' Roses is not a cover band.

A karaoke band is a band that allows other guys, usually audience members, to come up and sing the vocals on popular songs. Guns N' Roses is not a karaoke band.

We are "not factually" at a standstill unless it is proven that we are indeed at a standstill. Until it has been proven it is merely a hypothesis.

Good luck with your degree!

So to summarize: you threw lots of insulting opinions and non-facts at Bumblefoot and now you fail at trying to twist your posts into merely an innocent presentation of facts. Hilarious.

They are mainly a different band mainly playing another band's material to put asses in the seats, the glorified karaoke band was an analogy I explained in the previous post. One aspect of a karaoke artist is going up on stage, having attention focused on you for performing a song you had no creative input on. Fact. That's the story of most of "GNR's" setlist, and that's why they're seen like they are. You can try and nitpick it and reach as high as you can, but the facts remain. It is fact that Bumblefoot's career highlight is playing whole shows of GNR songs, as "GNR's" guitarist he contributed nothing to, and the "band", as a whole, past legal powers that be, are mainly and essentially seen as a nostalgic cover band. Fact. I asked Bumble point blank how he felt about it, and he took MUCH less offense to the question than you did. :jerkoff: . Try and keep up.

We are factually at a standstill. Efforts might be attempted to try to move us forward, but until we actually move somewhere, it's irrelevant.

Edited by Bobbo

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The man has never once, NEVER ONCE, just popped in to talk to the fans to talk to the fans throughout the years.

Is there a place here ANYWHERE where he can do that, where he can talk to his fans and fans of the current lineup, without getting harassed by his critics and haters? If there was a section he could use similar to Marc's, I believe Ron would feel a helluva lot more comfortable visiting.

Obviously I haven't been banned, nor have I have been given a suspension or even a warning over this whole debacle. And I don't think I should solely based on Subsy's word that fans will not be censored to benefit MyGnr's relationship with "GNR" themselves. Warning, suspending, or even banning me would backtrack that same concept we've been being fed here since the launch. BS and HV did enough in that regard in the chats, but that's another discussion entirely...

It's not about censorship, nobody is saying you can't or shouldn't talk about how much you hate Ron or resent him or whatever. It's about directly insulting a visiting current member of the band for which this site is dedicated and named after. It's about directly harassing a visiting musician knowing full well a large portion of the members here are fans of his and would really enjoy chatting with him.

For example, I don't like Kanye West but if he ever visited here I wouldn't ask him if he was proud to have crapped all over Taylor Swift or if it felt good to use a benefit concert for Hurricane Katrina to selfishly promote his hatred of the President. I wouldn't ask him anything, I'd give his fans the opportunity to interact with him. That's what you SHOULD HAVE done when Ron visited here, regardless of the motive for his visit. I would certainly hope that if Axl ever decided to chat with fans here, the Axl haters would not try to interfere.

Bobbo,

- "Glorified karoke band". Sorry, I really didn't get your explanation for how it is a fact that GN'R is a "glorified karaoke band". Here's a definition of 'karaoke' to help you along: an act of singing along to a music video, especially one from which the original vocals have been electronically eliminated. Good luck!

- "Coverband". Claiming that Bumblefoot is a "cover artist" -- which may be true -- doesn't really establish it as a fact that GN'R is a cover band.

- "Standstill". It is not a fact that GN'R is at a standstill before it has been demonstrated to be so. That would include knowing what goes on beyond the scene, something you don't. One would hope that a guy who works on a scientific publication would know what a fact is and what it takes for something to be considered a fact and not only a hypothesis or an opinion.

So what you did was throw your abrasive and offensive opinions and non-facts at Bumblefoot. And that IS a fact.

They are essentially a cover band, and that's what I said all along, playing and cashing in on a overwhelming majority of a set list they had nothing to do with. Fact. Like how a karaoke artist goes up to a stand, and sings songs they had nothing to do with. A pretty accurate comparison. Also a factual one.

Even with Chinese stuff thrown in, Bumble's, Frank's, Fortus's, contributions were very minor in the grand scheme of things, Dj's were nonexistent and again, Bumble and Dj spend entire shows playing lead guitar to GNR songs they had nothing to do with. Again, sorry the truth hurts. Fact.

Just because a city might have plans and negotiations to eventually get the ball rolling in terms of fixing the shitty roads, doesn't mean that people aren't still driving on shitty roads. Talk is cheap, and unless the wheels actually do start turning, we are factually still at a standstill in terms of moving forward. Fact.

Way to ignore all the other points raised and twist concepts. That is what you do best :rolleyes: .

A cover band is a band that plays other bands' music. Guns N' Roses plays only a few covers at each gig. Guns N' Roses is not a cover band.

A karaoke band is a band that allows other guys, usually audience members, to come up and sing the vocals on popular songs. Guns N' Roses is not a karaoke band.

We are "not factually" at a standstill unless it is proven that we are indeed at a standstill. Until it has been proven it is merely a hypothesis.

Good luck with your degree!

So to summarize: you threw lots of insulting opinions and non-facts at Bumblefoot and now you fail at trying to twist your posts into merely an innocent presentation of facts. Hilarious.

They are mainly a different band mainly playing another band's material to put asses in the seats, the glorified karaoke band was an analogy I explained in the previous post. One aspect of a karaoke artist is going up on stage, having attention focused on you for performing a song you had no creative input on. Fact. That's the story of most of "GNR's" setlist, and that's why they're seen like they are. You can try and nitpick it and reach as high as you can, but the facts remain. It is fact that Bumblefoot's career highlight is playing whole shows of GNR songs, as "GNR's" guitarist he contributed nothing to, and the "band", as a whole, past legal powers that be, are mainly and essentially seen as a nostalgic cover band. Fact. I asked Bumble point blank how he felt about it, and he took MUCH less offense to the question than you did. :jerkoff: . Try and keep up.

We are factually at a standstill. Efforts might be attempted to try to move us forward, but until we actually move somewhere, it's irrelevant.

So you admit your claim that Bumblefoot plays in a "glorified karaoke band" isn't a fact, but rather an analogy. Cool. I would say it was a weak-assed attempt at insulting Bumblefoot, but that would just be my opinion.

You also seem to admit that Guns N' Roses is a cover band only if you close your eyes to the fact that the current band is called Guns N' Roses and that it plays Guns N' Roses songs. Cool, too.

As for "standstill", I fear the difference between 'a hypothesis' and 'an established fact' still alludes you. To prove that your claim about Gn'R being at a standstill is indeed a fact you would have to demonstrate that the band hasn't made any progress at moving forwards at all, i.e. demonstrate that no progress has been made with the label, no progress on finishing songs for the next record, no progress on establishing the band as a brand prior to release, no progress on generating revenue to sustain a release and so on. Until you do this, you haven't established that your claim is a fact, you have just presented a hypothesis.

I now expect that if you ever graduate you will acknowledge me in the preface to your thesis :thumbsup: And perhaps you should consider suing your school?

soul monster is like a life support system for threads that should have already died.

Excuse me, does this look like a monologue to you?

It's not about censorship, nobody is saying you can't or shouldn't talk about how much you hate Ron or resent him or whatever. It's about directly insulting a visiting current member of the band for which this site is dedicated and named after. It's about directly harassing a visiting musician knowing full well a large portion of the members here are fans of his and would really enjoy chatting with him.

:thumbsup:

"Coverband". Claiming that Bumblefoot is a "cover artist" -- which may be true -- doesn't really establish it as a fact that GN'R is a cover band.

GN'R today is more related to a cover band than the monster of a supergroup it used to be.

It's not a band situation. It's a boss and employees situation. No new music is produced by those guys. They only cover songs they didn't write. Axl only had a part in writing of most of these songs.

BBF became known for covering Slash's riffs. This is a fact whether you like it or not. Whether he is technically superior to Slash or not.

So people that have witnessed and enjoyed the real GNR, merely see this group nowdays as a cover act. Which it kind of is. If you don't like the word 'cover' then you can call it a nostalgia act. Even the new CD songs (which never made it big) have gotten old. Most people go to shows to hear the classic tunes and not what this band or any post 1993 lineup wrote.

All these are facts as I said, even if you don't like it. And I don't get it why you cannot enjoy the current situation and complain about people who don't like it. This band produces nothing new or significant for rock n' roll. If you are perfectly happy with the current situation, just enjoy it instead of being pissed off at everyone who is not happy with it.

Edited by izzydoezit

I don't think you get it so I'm going to give you an example.

Slash is uninspired and BLAND AS FUCK right now.

This is a fact. Nothing against him, loved his material in Guns, love both Snakepit albums, but this is still a fact : his solo album and Apocalyptic Love suck shit compared to his old material.

Should I ask him about this fact on twitter or have some class and stfu instead ?

Edited by The Glow Inc.

This is a fact. Nothing against him, loved his material in Guns, love both Snakepit albums, but this is still a fact : his solo album and Apocalyptic Love suck shit compared to his old material.

Should I ask him about this fact on twitter or have some class and stfu instead ?

This hits the nail on the head right here. Imagine if Slash came to the forum and a bunch of people started insulting him, pissed him off and he left the forum. The same people who were harassing Ron would take a 5-tonne shit.

This hits the nail on the head right here. Imagine if Slash came to the forum and a bunch of people started insulting him, pissed him off and he left the forum. The same people who were harassing Ron would take a 5-tonne shit.

Slash is an important part of GNR history and everybody should respect that, so if he comes to the forum and people insults him I will complain even though I don't like him

In fact, Bumblefoot might have come here more often

Nah. if he didn't come for damage control, he wouldn't come at all.

Wrong. He has hung out on the official chat a few times without doing it for damage control. Are you not aware Bumblefoot is fond of chatting with fans?

Wrong? How many times has he come around mygnrforum for damage control? Not only this time, but other times aswell. And how many times has he come around just for the fun of it? None. So how can you ever say that I was wrong.

I never said Bumblefoot is not fond of chatting with fans or any of the sort so don't try to make it look like I did.

Of course I can say you are wrong when it is a fact that he has visited this forum for other reasons than damage control in the past.

As I recall, it was always related to some crap, and never just because.

Again you tried to bring other forums into the equation, please don't.(left that bit out of the quote)

So because BBF isn't an important part of GNR history he doesn't deserve respect ?

Axl is an important part of GNR history though he didn''t get any respect when he posted here back in 2008 either...

Faulty logic ?

I think we should respect all these musicians because, at the end of the day, regardless of the drama, that's what they are, musicians, songwriters, entertainers, not fucking criminals.

You may or may not like them, their songs, the way they play other people's songs, but they are still "just musicians" so I don't get the disrespect they get for entertaining people...

Edited by The Glow Inc.

Slash is uninspired and BLAND AS FUCK right now. This is a fact. Nothing against him, loved his material in Guns, love both Snakepit albums, but this is still a fact : his solo album and Apocalyptic Love suck shit compared to his old material.

No, you're confused. Music taste and preference are based on opinions. You can't say that's a fact just because you see it that way. Slash is old? Yes, fact. Slash sucks? Yes, in your opinion. I hope that's clear enough for you.

Wrong. He has hung out on the official chat a few times without doing it for damage control. Are you not aware Bumblefoot is fond of chatting with fans?

Wrong? How many times has he come around mygnrforum for damage control? Not only this time, but other times aswell. And how many times has he come around just for the fun of it? None. So how can you ever say that I was wrong.

I never said Bumblefoot is not fond of chatting with fans or any of the sort so don't try to make it look like I did.

Of course I can say you are wrong when it is a fact that he has visited this forum for other reasons than damage control in the past.

Again you tried to bring other forums into the equation, please don't.(left that bit out of the quote)

No, he has been here without being provoked.The fact that Bumblefoot shows up at other boards to chat is relevant because it is proof of concept that he can come and chat without being provoked. If people here treated him with a normal amount of decency and respect he would have come here to chat, too. Or are you saying that it is something else with this forum that has caused him to not come here (he recently posted at gnrevolution and attended a chat at gunsnroses.com)?

Slash is uninspired and BLAND AS FUCK right now. This is a fact. Nothing against him, loved his material in Guns, love both Snakepit albums, but this is still a fact : his solo album and Apocalyptic Love suck shit compared to his old material.

No, you're confused. Music taste and preference are based on opinions. You can't say that's a fact just because you see it that way. Slash is old? Yes, fact. Slash sucks? Yes, in your opinion. I hope that's clear enough for you.

"Slash is old" isn't a fact, douche bag! A statement like that is subjective, he's not old to a 70 year old.

"Slash is old" isn't a fact, douche bag! A statement like that is subjective, he's not old to a 70 year old.

But he's still old, just not older than a 70-year-old person. Do you really want to argue with me? Have you learned where Mexico is? Because after the big ownage I gave you the other day where you left crying and speechless I see really hard for you to continue any kind of conversation with me. I also want to take a second to apologize for ridiculing you, I didn't want to expose your big ignorance when you believed Mexico was in Central America. :(

Please don't call me names. You're ignorant, yes but just try to act like a normal person in D&N.

No, he has been here without being provoked.The fact that Bumblefoot shows up at other boards to chat is relevant because it is proof of concept that he can come and chat without being provoked. If people here treated him with a normal amount of decency and respect he would have come here to chat, too. Or are you saying that it is something else with this forum that has caused him to not come here (he recently posted at gnrevolution and attended a chat at gunsnroses.com)?

Well played. I feel my ship starting to take a slow 180 on this thing here...

I guess it shows that out of old habit, the only lens I have left on gnr is this place.

But he's still old, just not older than a 70-year-old person. Do you really want to argue with me? Have you learned where Mexico is? Because after the big ownage I gave you the other day where you left crying and speechless I see really hard for you to continue any kind of conversation with me. I also want to take a second to apologize for ridiculing you, I didn't want to expose your big ignorance when you believed Mexico was in Central America. :(

Please don't call me names. You're ignorant, yes but just try to act like a normal person in D&N.

Ahahahaha, go jump on the report button like you normally do, you stuck up little pussy!

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

To be fair, Bumblefoot really hasn't done shit to earn any respect. Every time he's been here he has been unpleasant to several members. I don't see why people are defending him. He doesn't deserve your pity.

To be fair, Bumblefoot really hasn't done shit to earn any respect. Every time he's been here he has been unpleasant to several members. I don't see why people are defending him. He doesn't deserve your pity.

Yeah he must be such a worthless person, doing charity concerts and all http://gulftoday.ae/portal/fa627905-4098-409d-945b-a3675ab3d9f8.aspx :tongue2:

Seriously, I'd love to see where he has insulted someone without being provoked first :question:

Yeah, right, being extremely open with fans, always accessible, playing private gigs for Brazilian fans when the concert was cancelled, giving the highest amount of interviews, doing a great job as lead guitarist in GN'R and being extremely charitable is not enough to earn our respect?? You are one cold-hearted fucker.

Those guys he has been unpleasant towards here on mygnrforum have always insulted him first. It is that simple. But I guess you are the type who prefer people to turn the other chin, fair enough.

And this isn't about "defending Bumblefoot", he do that well enough himself by not turning the other chin, this is about opposing the few morons who felt it was right to harass a band member of Guns N' Roses who paid a rare visit to a Guns N' Roses fan forum. That's the reason I react. Not because Bumblefoot needs any defense.

Every time he's been here he has been unpleasant to several members.

Yeah, I'm sure it was totally unwarranted.

He totally picked some random members and insulted them for no reason...

Not guys who called him worthless, useless, a replacement, who engaged in blackmail like MSL with his emails, or people who posted screenshots of private mails etc, just random fans of the band. :takethat:

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Either way, he was unpleasant to people, which is extremely unprofessional in his position. Axl is a dickhead as well, but he has done something at least, he's not coming here acting like some spoilt star without reason to, like Bumblefoot, who seems to have some sort of unwarranted megalomania.

Either way, he was unpleasant to people, which is extremely unprofessional in his position. Axl is a dickhead as well, but he has done something at least, he's not coming here acting like some spoilt star without reason to, like Bumblefoot, who seems to have some sort of unwarranted megalomania.

I don't think it is "unprofessional" to be unpleasant to people who harass you. Besides, we are talking about rock musicians here, not pastors.