if axl was to record a 'spaghetti incident' style album of covers with the current line up, which songs would you pick?

HisRoyalSweetness

let's say axl decided to record an album of covers with the current line-up... which songs would you pick? obviously, the old guys were influenced by a lot of punk and classic rock, so that influenced the songs they chose for the spaghetti incident. what are some of the bands that have influenced the current guys?

I would love axl to sing stairway to heaven, alot of zepplin stuff i feel axl would own those songs. Aerosmith would be cool aside the ones gnr already covered i would like to hear round and round or back in the saddle without bach. Man, theres too many songs lol.

None of these have probably influenced the new guys or Axl, but I think it would be cool if they'd do a cover album of "modern" songs with a Gn'R twist.

Limp Bizkit: Nookie

Tool: Stinkfist

Garbage: I'm Only Happy When It Rains/ I Think I'm Paranoid -medley

Deftones: Knife Prty

Nine Inch Nails: Closer

White Zombie: More Human Than Human

Edited by jekylhyde

Bastards of Young. If they changed the key I think Axl's voice would rock it. Any Thin Lizzy song. I just think it'd be cool to do songs the other guys have written/played on. Let every single person in the band pick a song from their past and then have Axl decide the other 4 or whatever.

Queen - fat bottom girls

"I was just a skinny lad

Never knew no good from bad,

But I knew life before I left my nursery"

that or under pressure

Edited by Gunns

if axl was to record a 'spaghetti incident' style album of covers with the current line up, which songs would you pick?

if he record another cover album instead of a completely new album then i say: Please Axl retire!

How would retirement be better than a cover album?

because i want GNR songs not covers.

if he record another cover album instead of a completely new album then i say: Please Axl retire!

But the alternative isn't new GN'R songs but no songs at all (retirement).

I'd like to have the pink panther theme.

Bumblefoot's studio version consists entirely of GN'R members :thumbsup:

I'd like to see:

1. Riff Raff - AC/DC

2. Sonic Reducer - The Dead Boys (Tommy on vocals)

3. Dead Flowers - The Rolling Stones

4. Back In The U.S.S.R. - The Beatles

5. Sailing - Rod Stewart

6. Surrender - Cheap Trick

7. Burn - Deep Purple

8. Knockin' On Heaven's Door - Bob Dylan

9. My Way - Frank Sinatra

But the alternative isn't new GN'R songs but no songs at all (retirement).

Fuck the covers. if he wants to record another album, do a GNR album, not some fucking covers...

retire or gtfo in this case