Bridge School Benefit Show and Webcast Oct. 20, 2012

gmsugaree

the thing is as a profermer u have to be ready enough with the exuses now axl sucks he has turned gnr in to a joke he cant sing as well as he used too he dosnt dance like he used too and he is over weight, there is so much wrong with gnr nowadays,

axl needs to get a grip he needs to pull his head out off his ass.

Hi, Long time browser mainly in the slash section but first time poster. I am a big fan of the old guns but do keep an interest in what Axl does. I just had to post after seeing this show on youtube.

I'm having trouble believing that what I just watched was someone who is a professional singer and has been all his life. That performance would be ridiculed at a karaoke night. I'm really trying hard not to disrespect the man but Axl's singing was embarrassing. It's an insult to himself and the whole Guns n Roses History to perform a show like that. I just had another listen to Better. OMG.

I play in a band just for kicks with some friends and if my singer sounded like that I would rather quit than play a show. I have been trying to find my own singing voice for years and think I have finally found it so I can respect how good a singer Axl was back in the day and just how hard singing can be.

It really makes me sad.

Guitar Stu.

But also Performing to benefit Animals or people with the intelligence of animals.

That was crude regardless of whatever drug you are on. Those kids didn't chose to have whatever handicap they have, you chose to take drugs and come off as a huge asshole. Well done there.

In all fairness, whatever he's on was so strong that he was able to enjoy the performance, so I'm pretty sure he's legally incapable of being held accountable for his (admittedly idiotic) statements right now.

Of course he is responsible for what he said, he chose to take drugs & make a stupid statement. Who else is to blame? Being drunk or high is your own responsibility & by the way, if this is due to drugs he might well end up like these kids one day & someone will say the same about him.

The difference is it was his choice, for these kids it wasn't. dry.gif

Was Chris Pitman hitting Frank with the red towel the highlight of GNR's set?

he was waving it in front of Axls nose in the attempt to get him fired up

The ONLY song that was half way not pathetic was "Patience." The rest makes you not want to admit u follow New GNR.

You seem to revel in the fact hat Axl did a bad job. I think this is your 20th post or something about how bad it was. Why is that?

Honestly? This was epically pathetic...there's no getting around that. Even though I prefer Slash these days...it's only because Axl has famously failed to deliver for 10+ years...I'd be open to him sounding great and coming on strong...this was honestly laughably THE EXACT OPPOSITE...he sounded F'ing worse than I've ever heard...honestly 6 out of 7 songs were shameful. Literally shameful.

The ONLY song that was half way not pathetic was "Patience." The rest makes you not want to admit u follow New GNR.

You seem to revel in the fact hat Axl did a bad job. I think this is your 20th post or something about how bad it was. Why is that?

Honestly? This was epically pathetic...there's no getting around that. Even though I prefer Slash these days...it's only because Axl has famously failed to deliver for 10+ years...I'd be open to him sounding great and coming on strong...this was honestly laughably THE EXACT OPPOSITE...he sounded F'ing worse than I've ever heard...honestly 6 out of 7 songs were shameful. Literally shameful.

Yeah, I kinda got your opinion on this after your first point today, my question was why you insist on saying it again and again, over and over like it is the best thing that has happened to you? Don't misunderstand, it was a bad performance and that shouldn't be swept under the carpet nor excused, I just don't get why you seem so excited about it.

He should have been waving a white towel.

If any of this was literal...that flag was waved.

They should just cancel tomorrow and leave and Axl should be sent to Camp Heavyweights.

They should just cancel tomorrow and leave and Axl should be sent to Camp Heavyweights.

Where is the concert for Sunday, not Vegas already is it?

Yeah but it's oh so predictable now that Axl sounds like horseshit at the beginning of a tour that it's not even remotely funny anymore.

It's now clear that he isn't doing anything in between tours to avoid that.

He had a good thing going on in 2010 and he wasted it because he's just fucking lazy.

This is true. It's sad that we can't do anything to change that. I feel sorry for the rest of the band.

Bridge School Benefit round 2.

Yeah, I kinda got your opinion on this after your first point today, my question was why you insist on saying it again and again, over and over like it is the best thing that has happened to you? Don't misunderstand, it was a bad performance and that shouldn't be swept under the carpet nor excused, I just don't get why you seem so excited about it.

I don't know if me being "Excited" is accurate...me thinking this is a perfect summation of Axl's endeavors is more correct. The point being if Axl can't even give two shits...why should we? Honestly it's not that hard to run 20 minutes a day or at least warming up your voice and practicing...if you can't be in shape or not be winded...just get the fuck out imo...that's basic preparation.

Edited by JayGatz

Bridge School Benefit round 2.

Thx.

Oh I thought this was just a one off, it goes all weekend? Great for the school.

63166_3821288571604_939471923_n.jpg

I don't know if me being "Excited" is accurate...me thinking this is a perfect summation of Axl's endeavors is more correct. The point being if Axl can't even give two shits...why should we? Honestly it's not that hard to run 20 minutes a day or at least warming up your voice and practicing...if you can't be in shape or not be winded...just get the fuck out imo...that's basic preparation.

But you clearly ARE giving two shits so it doesn't add up.

the thing is as a profermer u have to be ready enough with the exuses now axl sucks he has turned gnr in to a joke he cant sing as well as he used too he dosnt dance like he used too and he is over weight, there is so much wrong with gnr nowadays,

axl needs to get a grip he needs to pull his head out off his ass.

1. Axl isn't that fat, it's just that we're use to seeing him really thin and now he's a normal weight.

2. He still dances? He still runs around.