Anyone else really love Death Magnetic?

Towelie

I'm disgusted by most peoples remarks on this. To say it's an absolutely unlistenable album is just stupid. It is 100x better than St. Anger

There are at least 5 top notch songs on it. Not all are perfect. Cyanide, End of the Line, Broken beat & scared are just hardcore metal songs.

Kirks solos are amazing. I never thought they could go back to thier thrash roots but they did. It brought back respect to the Metallica name.

Jesus whats with all the Metallica hate? :no:

I don`t hate Metallica but I call spade a spade they have n`t made consistent album since 80`s

exactly and there are thrash bands that have a much more consistent discography than metallica, metallica blew their load after 4 albums.

if people want to hear good new thrash albums from bands from the 1980s they should check out the new testament and kreator albums or heathens 2009 the evolution of chaos album.

death magnetic wasnt thrash at all they had trace thrash elements but that is about. like i have said before it sounded like metallica had some black album era material lying around and slapped some thrash elements to it. then compressed the shit out of it.

i will always love metallica for those first 4 albums they were amazing masterpieces, but people have to be able to criticize bands they love, metallica has one of the biggest fanboy fan bases in all of music.

Better than:

And Justice For All

The Black Album

Reload

St. Anger

Worse Than:

Kill Em All

Ride the Lightning

Master of Puppets

Load

As far as songwriting goes, I think it lands in the middle of the pack. There are some good songs there. Production-wise, it's atrocious and rivals And Justice For All as their worst sounding album.

Most people bag on St. Anger for its production, which I get, but at least it sounds "alive" whereas Justice and Death Magnetic sound like they were recorded inside hermetically sealed Ziploc bags.

Better than:

And Justice For All

The Black Album

Reload

St. Anger

Worse Than:

Kill Em All

Ride the Lightning

Master of Puppets

Load

As far as songwriting goes, I think it lands in the middle of the pack. There are some good songs there. Production-wise, it's atrocious and rivals And Justice For All as their worst sounding album.

Most people bag on St. Anger for its production, which I get, but at least it sounds "alive" whereas Justice and Death Magnetic sound like they were recorded inside hermetically sealed Ziploc bags.

Better than:

And Justice For All

The Black Album

Reload

St. Anger

Worse Than:

Kill Em All

Ride the Lightning

Master of Puppets

Load

DM is n`t better then AJFA One pisses all over DM from over the hills and far away

Edited by Son of a Guns

I don`t hate Metallica but I call spade a spade they have n`t made consistent album since 80`s

exactly and there are thrash bands that have a much more consistent discography than metallica, metallica blew their load after 4 albums.

if people want to hear good new thrash albums from bands from the 1980s they should check out the new testament and kreator albums or heathens 2009 the evolution of chaos album.

death magnetic wasnt thrash at all they had trace thrash elements but that is about. like i have said before it sounded like metallica had some black album era material lying around and slapped some thrash elements to it. then compressed the shit out of it.

i will always love metallica for those first 4 albums they were amazing masterpieces, but people have to be able to criticize bands they love, metallica has one of the biggest fanboy fan bases in all of music.

Tastement simply rocks they`re in better form now then ever before Chuck Billy/Alex Skolnick is one of the best Thrash Metal frontmen/guitarist combo ever

Tastement simply rocks they`re in better form now then ever before Chuck Billy/Alex Skolnick is one of the best Thrash Metal frontmen/guitarist combo ever

Alex Skolnick is one of the best guitarists in metal. His jazz guitar pieces are also incredible. One of my favourite guitarists for sure.

Better than:

And Justice For All

The Black Album

Reload

St. Anger

Worse Than:

Kill Em All

Ride the Lightning

Master of Puppets

Load

And Justice For All is the album that made me like Metallica. I also like the Black album. Load has its moments. I never managed to like Kill Em All, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets..

Alex Skolnick is one of the best guitarists in metal. His jazz guitar pieces are also incredible. One of my favourite guitarists for sure.

yeah skolnick is just amazing and eric petersen is awesome as well.

Better than:

And Justice For All

The Black Album

Reload

St. Anger

Worse Than:

Kill Em All

Ride the Lightning

Master of Puppets

Load

And Justice For All is the album that made me like Metallica. I also like the Black album. Load has its moments. I never managed to like Kill Em All, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets..

I can understand why people don't get Kill Em All for a while considering it kinda doesn't have that big ominous Metallica sound, but Lightning and Puppets? GTFO.

Better than:

And Justice For All

The Black Album

Reload

St. Anger

Worse Than:

Kill Em All

Ride the Lightning

Master of Puppets

Load

I can understand why people don't get Kill Em All for a while considering it kinda doesn't have that big ominous Metallica sound, but Lightning and Puppets? GTFO.

yeah i can also see why people dont get kill em all it wasnt really the thrash and melody metallica is famous for, it was more speed metal with some hints of what would come on RTL. it is similar to slayers debut show no mercy

It could have been a good album, but its the worst mixed album ever! :(

its so sad that the band keep defending the sound when everyone with to functional ears can hear that it sound like shit - the Guitar Hero version sounds decent though

its horribly mixed no doubt but the worst mix of all time goes to black sabbaths born again :P

Lightning and Puppets are worse. DM is more mastering issues. What sort of band has a bassist like Cliff Burton and then buries him in the mix?

yeah that is very true i thought MOP was a little better than RTL but the worst when it comes to mixing is AJFA. newsted is a great bass player as well and there was almost no bass on that album, guitars wayyyy to high in the mix and the drums had a somewhat tinny sound to them.

Edited by bran