Team Brazil Management - What is good and what is bad?

sascha

There's been a lot of criticism going for the management, but for me the positive by far outweighs the negative. Since it became official the band is pretty constantly touring, has an actual website, they scored a Vegas residency, Axl did work a bit on the late starts, did a charity concert and a duet with Neil Young, did an interview with USA Today and he even appeared on the Jimmy Kimmel show. Not too lousy, compared to what we've seen before, it it? The familar atmosphere obviously helps to keep things going for the better.

The only negative thing for me is the paid Meet & Greets, I think it's good they offer the chance to meet band members without having connections or boobs and though it all has to be arranged and taken care of I think charging extra money for it is sort of lame. But that's about the only somewhat negative thing I see.

Other than that, the outlook is actually pretty good, isn't it? All they have to yet do is get Axl to work on and relase new music, take off the sunglasses every once in a while and spice up the setlist a bit, but that should be possible. What do you think?

Edited by sascha

Guest RonMexico82

Good = interviews, Vegas (if they do new stuff)

Bad = "my band". Attempting PR damage control after Bridge School instead of preemption by having Axl say he was sick at the start but that he wanted to be there. Instead they tried to close the door after the horse had bolted.

I get an unpleasant vibe, like this is their own personal show and we should be happy they allow us to pay for the privilege of witnessing it.

They have zero idea on how to interact with fans, they open their mouths and its like a fucking car crash.

In my opinion Guns fans have had it pretty rough over the years, they make it worse. I remember when I was proud to be a fan of this band, it was a long time ago and they haven't helped restore pride. I think of them like leeches praying on somebody that doesn't have the self awareness to spot what is obvious because he had conditioned himself in a very insular way.

I think too much!

Guest RonMexico82

I get an unpleasant vibe, like this is their own personal show and we should be happy they allow us to pay for the privilege of witnessing it.

They have zero idea on how to interact with fans, they open their mouths and its like a fucking car crash.

In my opinion Guns fans have had it pretty rough over the years, they make it worse. I remember when I was proud to be a fan of this band, it was a long time ago and they haven't helped restore pride. I think of them like leeches praying on somebody that doesn't have the self awareness to spot what is obvious because he had conditioned himself in a very insular way.

I think too much!

Spot on.

I think too much!

This. All the "my band" attitude kinda feels arrogant. Maybe Im wrong but its just that feeling of... unprofessionalism.

For whatever reason, he has come out of his shell a bit. It may be from the management team actually getting along with Axl and agreeing on how to promote themselves. Hopefully it continues. The true test will be if any new music comes out. I wish they would be a little more open with the fans. Maybe if a few more interviews happen, we'll feel better about the future.

The biggest advantage they have when it comes to managing Axl's band is that they have his trust. Sure, there may be other people out there who could have far better plans and skills when it comes to band management, but if Axl takes one look at them and thinks, "they're trying to fuck me over," then it's game over as far as any working relationship goes.

Exactly. Irving Azoff didn't manage to get any interviews, no tour, no nothing except for a one-in-a-million deal that turned out in the release of an album (Chinese Democracy), and honestly that counts a lot more than 300 interviews and 2000 concerts.

The biggest advantage they have when it comes to managing Axl's band is that they have his trust. Sure, there may be other people out there who could have far better plans and skills when it comes to band management, but if Axl takes one look at them and thinks, "they're trying to fuck me over," then it's game over as far as any working relationship goes.

Well-said. Team Brazil surely has its short-comings- but just the fact that Axl finally trusts his own management is a big improvement IMHO. At a minimum it removes at least one of the layers of bullshit that has to be worked through just to get something done in the Axl/GN'R universe...

A lot of great stuff happens when they are in control.

I can't find much negative really, except maybe the official forum (Nightrain) which is really terrible, and the absence of a distinct Team Brazil communication channel (Team Brazil employees can't use their private twitter/Facebook to speak about business, it is unprofessional).

Edited by SoulMonster

There's been a lot of criticism going for the management, but for me the positive by far outweighs the negative. Since it became official the band is pretty constantly touring, has an actual website, they scored a Vegas residency, Axl did work a bit on the late starts, did a charity concert and a duet with Neil Young, did an interview with USA Today and he even appeared on the Jimmy Kimmel show. Not too lousy, compared to what we've seen before, it it? The familar atmosphere obviously helps to keep things going for the better.

The only negative thing for me is the paid Meet & Greets, I think it's good they offer the chance to meet band members without having connections or boobs and though it all has to be arranged and taken care of I think charging extra money for it is sort of lame. But that's about the only somewhat negative thing I see.

Other than that, the outlook is actually pretty good, isn't it? All they have to yet do is get Axl to work on and relase new music, take off the sunglasses every once in a while and spice up the setlist a bit, but that should be possible. What do you think?

did you meet Axl?