What other Neil Young songs would you like Axl to cover?

Randy Lahey

At this point, I really hope Axl is finished doing covers.

With one album released over the past 23 years, I really hope that Axl is only concentrating on releasing/playing new material.

Covers have always played a big part on Gn'R material…. Mama Kin, LALD, KOHD, Sympathy for the Devil, just to name a few.

Nothing wrong with that imo, I'd love to see a few more covers from Axl's band, like Sailing.

Pretty much every band out there plays covers. It isn't something that just GnR does. I agree - nothing wrong with it.

My point is that Axl has released ONE album of original material since 1991. That's 23 years ago. According to Beta and other people, there are still at least an albums worth of material left over from the CD sessions, including songs that are supposed to be "big guns."

The current band hasn't put out an album together. DJ and BBF have both talked about writing songs and giving them to Axl.

So.........one album in the last 23 years..........an album's worth of leftover CD songs........current band is writing songs...............wouldn't you agree that at this point and time, taking up a precious spot on a new album or taking up live slots at concerts, that new ORIGINAL music would be a better route to go than the band covering OTHER artist's work?

By saying you want more covers, you are saying you'd rather hear GnR cover another artist than hear something original that the current band created. To each their own, I just don't fall into that category. I want to hear music that Axl and the boys created - not hear them cover other people's work.

The only covers I'm interested in hearing, are more Guns N' Roses covers from the original band.

GN'R have so many great unplayed songs in their back catalogue, I have ZERO interest in another cover song by Neil Young or The Who etc

on a sidenote,i just got TIME FADES AWAY on CD.

a live recording by NY and crazy horse from the harvest tour that Neil

doesn't want to release cuz of heavy emotions from that time period.

like most,i would be interested in new songs but that seems so unlikely

with Beta's "complaints,complaints etc"comment and Axl's consistent negative attitude.

time fades away is a gem,it's 8 songs,all worth covering by any aspiring band.

but Neil probably has lawyers too and whatnot.

At this point, I really hope Axl is finished doing covers.

With one album released over the past 23 years, I really hope that Axl is only concentrating on releasing/playing new material.

Three times you said this before somebody answered you. Ever get the feeling that people are fed up with your nagging? Nothing wrong in what you're saying, it's just that you keeping saying the same goddamn thing in every thread.

T: I'd like to hear Axl sing Old laughing lady and just go crazy in the end of it, like he did on Locomotive.