Do you count calories?

arnold layne

Dropped 25 pounds after doing 1,000 calories a day for two months (in truth it was more like 1,200 to 1,400 as I found 1,000 very tough to do). Started working out and during one session I almost fainted, lol. I took that as a sign that I should eat a bit more. So I have started to eat more normally again and continue to work out.

Near the end I could feel that extreme diet draining me of energy as it slowed my metabolism. I would do it again in a second though - it got results.

Absolutely, and Matt is right.

This week I've been hitting around 1500 since I stopped drinking.

That's way too low unless you're like 5'2.

i'm trying to cut some weight. i burn around 2900 calories/day so i've been aiming for 2500 to maintain as much muscle as i can while still losing some weight gradually. i don't use it consistently, but myfitnesspal is incredibly helpful for keeping track of food intake. I aim for 40-40-20 ratio of protein, carbs and fat with occasional fluctuations (sometimes if i've really cheated the next day i'll lower my carbs a bit, and sometimes i purposely binge eat and just spike up my calories to keep my metabolism spinning).

i also managed to kind of factor the occasional night of drinking in by reducing overall calories for the day (trying to emphasize more protein over carbs and fat) and then factoring the booze in so that i'm still kind of breaking even calorie-wise. it's not as painfully boring as it sounds, the more you track your foods and shit it kind of becomes like a game and is addictive in a weird way.

lol

:facepalm:

Excuse me, am I missing something?

You're missing out on a great source of protein, fat, iron, zinc, creatine and various vitamins. Humans are omnivores, which means that our digestive systems are designed to digest both meats and plants. We have been eating meat throughout evolution.

I entered my daily food intake again into that app, out of curiosity, and today I consumed 2,486 calories.

If I'm not careful I'm going to end up with an eating disorder soon. There's something kind of addictive though in monitoring what you eat and controlling it, but I'd hate for it to take the joy out of eating and drinking. Enjoyment should be relished to the fullest, no second guessing and hesitation.

I am doing this new thing. I joined an organic food club (don't really know how to call it in english). Basicly they deliver the ingredients for three meals a week. It's all organic and healthy. It's great. I don't have to do groceries and it's not as expensive as buying food in the organic store.

Since november, twice a week I am working out in the gym with a physiotherapist and I go by myself once a week. I was heading to a wheelchair for the long distances (My connective tissue is very weak). So we are training pretty hard to build up muscles and stopped that progress. My muscles were hardly functioning anymore. I lost 13 pounds, without a real diet. My stomach is getting flatter, you can hardly see how many kids I had. Which ofcourse is awesome ;). But that's not that important, I am really glad I can walk longer distances and lift more again.

I know, I am bragging, but I am actually really proud of myself. :lol:

I do watch what I eat though. I try to eat healthier and keep an eye on the calory intake. But you can eat more calories than 'official' is needed ,if the food is healthy and your body can use it, cause you train a lot for example. Counting calories can even be dangerous. It's pretty easy, to only eat the 'bad' things and leave out the good food. You need to balance it.

• Like 3

I downloaded an app and this is what it came up with. I accidentally put lunch in with breakfast which is why lunch has '0'. Of course this is average because I guessed the quantities of things like butter ad mayonnaise in teaspoons and whether the bacon on my sandwich was trimmed of fat or not (I guessed not).1908ds.jpg

You're a tiny woman.. I think you've over estimated the energy content on lots of foods unless you work out a lot. Or maybe it's correct if those are actually calories, not kilocalories :lol:. 2261 calories is the energy of about one grain of rice or so.

I used an app that has all the calorie values recorded so I just select the item and the quantity. I have no idea how accurate it is. The next day according the same app I had consumed 2,486 calories which seems a lot considering women are supposed to consume about 2,000 and on both of those days I neither felt like I had over eaten or consumed excessively high calorie rich food. Its the same way I always eat and I haven't put on weight for ages. So I call bullshit. ;)