Do you think CDII will have a more "classic" sound?

Vincent Vega

Do you guys think that CD II will have a more classic sound? I'm not talking AFD II, more like UYI III--Sort of bluesy, deep, introspective, while also having hard rock songs. Basically an album of songs like Breakdown, 14 Years, Dust N' Bones, You Could Be Mine, etc. Blues Rock, less experimentation? Sort of a "back to roots" album?

In any event, what sort of sound do you see CD II having? I'm trying to take Bacardi's advice and make some really good threads again....

Do you guys think that CD II will have a more classic sound? I'm not talking AFD II, more like UYI III--Sort of bluesy, deep, introspective, while also having hard rock songs. Basically an album of songs like Breakdown, 14 Years, Dust N' Bones, You Could Be Mine, etc. Blues Rock, less experimentation? Sort of a "back to roots" album?

In any event, what sort of sound do you see CD II having? I'm trying to take Bacardi's advice and make some really good threads again....

Head_Pat.jpg

I'd really like for them to go for a UYI feel. I don't want AFD II because I know they wouldn't be capable of it, but I think the current band could actually pull off a decent UYI-style album with songs like Locomotive and 14 Years.

I don't want them to make an album similar to an album they have already released.. I want Axl to continue explore and try new stuff.

I think an album with the 'Oh my god' kind of sound and style could be awesome - but unfortuantely the guitarists needed aren't there anymore. I think there will be a bluesy rock (slash-ish) type of sound next - because of ashba

Edited by Jeez

Not going to happen.

14 Years, Dust N' Bones.. you are talking Izzy Stradlin here man. And he isn't in the band anymore.

This new band - if they ever put out any new music - will likely continue down the CD path.

If anything they will probably release something with a more modern sound which will be overproduced and sound actually worse than the demo's.

When I heard the demo's of Catcher and IRS '99, I thought those songs were really cool. Especially Catcher was insane. And then they butchered it on the album.

I wouldn't mind hearing what Axl wanted to do after GNR split up.. when he wanted to go more Industrial. OMG is a great song. At least it had the tenacity of the old Axl. There was anger and that's what I really liked about him. So I'd rather hear an Industrial Rock album with an authentic Axl, than an overproduced album which tries to blend everything together to please the record company and sell enough albums.

But okay, he is getting older now.. so I guess that ship has sailed.

At some point age really gets in the way and by now he probably should be playing piano ballads like Elton John and stop touring so heavily.

I also think CD II isn't going to happen anytime soon..

• 2 years later...

I'm thinking that CD II may lean heavier than its predeccesor. CD I is a pretty classic sound for the most part- with a bit of modern-industrial flavoring combined with a flair of retro-plated trash glam, a side of synth, and a cherry on top.

Edited by Mr. Dude
  • Like 1

I expect the same diversity in styles and influences I found on CD, I doubt there will a return to an overall classic sound. One or two songs at the most might lean towards that while the rest has dense layering and virtuoso production. I can't see Axl stepping away from that.

On CD 2 I'm just hoping it's more positive. You listen to CD and 12 of 14 songs are about being trapped, lost, sad, depressed, tricked, and angry (which I don't mind the anger ones)

But songs like Scrapped and Riad I love, a part from the intro screaming Vocals Axl does, but I like the vocals and I enjoy the songs being about Axl over coming something or giving a big "F U" to everyone. It's like give me the Axl that is having fun and doesn't care what people think. I like the anger and some of the sad songs but don't fill the album with em. Get a good mix going. I want an album with a positive message or a great story.

Edited by IncitingChaos
  • Like 1