It's 5'O Clock Somewhere as a GNR Album

bacardimayne

Many people on this board seem to forget what happens to other bands.

When you look at other bands, the best records are mostly their first and seconds albums. It's when the band is at it's prime and they got stuff to say. A couple albums down the road most bands have lost their inspiration and are trying really hard to live up to how they started, bringing in external song writers etc.

If Guns N' Roses would have stayed together, their next album would not be as good as UYI or AFD anyways. It would probably be better than their solo albums and CD, but still no AFD or UYI.

The chances are small they would have lived up to how they just started and were still really ambitious to get something going.

Hell, most band members were completely fucked up on drugs and booze at the time.

Considering the above, I think It's 5 O' Clock Somewhere is a decent album. And with Axl and Izzy on board it would have been even a bit better. I think we can't expect Guns N' Roses to do more than that.

It's over folks. There is no mystique, there is no vault with insane songs. The songs are probably okay, just like the songs on Chinese Democracy, but don't expect another UYI or AFD. A reunion wouldn't fix that either.

Have you people listened to the reunited Soundgarden? Or to what Metallica releases lately? It's all crap compared to their old stuff.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never come across an Axl fan who does not consider Estranged, the greatest song ever ever ever. I do not as I am not much of an Axl fan, but it strikes me that Estranged is de rigeur on any self-respecting Axl fan's top five list.

In my case, I am a GNR fan and so a fan off all orginal members. It also means I have critic and love for all of them.

Agreed, Son of a guns.

Izzydoezit, Why is he full of shit? So he didn't like Estranged solo, does that mean he downplays Slash contributions? Why?

Cause, I didn't like Estranged and NR till recently. Now I do, but to me those songs and solo's were too bloated as well. I like the faster tracks on those albums more or I used to. Does that mean I am downplaying Slash contributions, just because those long solo's and slow songs were not my thing? Got another one, SCOM had to grow on me as well. If anything I probably am a bigger fan of Izzy, than Axl or Slash. But that doesn't mean downplaying, it's just is about taste.

Just as some can't handle critic on Axl, some can't handle that about Slash, it's silly. Both are not saints, and not everything they do or have done is free from giving critic on.

It`s not about disliking solos I don`t like the whole song lyrics, melodies I can`t get in it it`s too bloated long winded and never ends drags forever

I meant that, that's why I said solo's and songs. I feel or felt the same.

Many people on this board seem to forget what happens to other bands.

When you look at other bands, the best records are mostly their first and seconds albums. It's when the band is at it's prime and they got stuff to say. A couple albums down the road most bands have lost their inspiration and are trying really hard to live up to how they started, bringing in external song writers etc.

What about the Rolling Stones? Hit their peak Beggars Banquet-Exile On Main Street which is their 7th-10th albums. Aerosmith hit their peak with Toys in the Attic and Rocks which is their 3rd and 4th albums.

Edited by DieselDaisy

I have never come across an Axl fan who does not consider Estranged, the greatest song ever ever ever. I do not as I am not much of an Axl fan, but it strikes me that Estranged is de rigeur on any self-respecting Axl fan's top five list.

In my case, I am a GNR fan and so a fan off all orginal members. It also means I have critic and love for all of them.

Well I was really addressing Son of a Guns. He has the pro-Axl view, the oligatory new gnr picture in his signiture (which is de rigeur for all Axlites). Normally I would have suspected a top 5 list from an axlite would go like this...

Estranged

Coma

Breakdown

And 3 Democracy tracks

(Axlites do not seem to like Appetite rockers very much).

But Estranged is usually top. That is my point.

Well I was really addressing Son of a Guns. He has the pro-Axl view, the oligatory new gnr picture in his signiture (which is de rigeur for all Axlites). Normally I would have suspected a top 5 list from an axlite would go like this...

Estranged

Coma

Breakdown

And 3 Democracy tracks

I`m not an axlite boy get real being pro Axl does n`t make me an axlite

Estranged

Coma

Breakdown

And 3 Democracy tracks

i bet you like aerosmith

Coma

Estranged

Locomotive

Breakdown

November Rain

Oh My God

The Whole of Chinese Democracy

These are your Axlite fvourites. Anything that lasts longer than Ben Hurr and has cow bells in it basicully.

Now to make a list of the complete opposite spectrum

It's So Easy

My Michelle

Anything Goes

Right Next Door to Hell

Perfect Crime

Double Talkin' Jive

Hair of the Dog

The whole of It's 5'O Clock Somewhere

I'll take list 1 for a hundred, Bob

Knock I50CS off there as well as Hair of the Dog and you have a point. Axlites like the ten minute ballads and overdubs and silly videos. Slash fans like the macho rockers.

but only two of the songs in your list are ballads that come anywhere even close to 10 minutes

there is absolutely nothing wrong overdubs if they're done right, which they are in the songs that aren't on CD

lol says "macho rockers" like it's a good thing

True, it is more of the ''cool ranch dressing'' type of overdub. I bet you liked the dolphins in the Estranged video, rescuing Axl from, whatever it was he needed to be rescued from (it makes about as much sense as the screenplay for Total Recall)?

I don't watch music videos, so no.

Though I made an exception to watch this hilarious attempt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtGj0iKrpuI

so rock n roll dude

kickass

:rofl-lol:

Coma

Estranged

Locomotive

Breakdown

November Rain

Oh My God

These are your Axlite fvourites. Anything that lasts longer than Ben Hurr and has cow bells in it basicully.

Coma

Locomotive

Breakdown

November Rain and Oh My God are GNR`s best songs Slash`s "macho cock rockers" can`t hold candles to any of these songs

Edited by Son of a Guns

Coma

Estranged

Locomotive

Breakdown

November Rain

Oh My God

Coma

Locomotive

Breakdown

November Rain and Oh My God are GNR`s best songs Slash`s "macho cock rockers" can`t hold candles to any of these songs

BAHAHAHAHAHA

Coma

Estranged

Locomotive

Breakdown

November Rain

Oh My God

Coma

Locomotive

Breakdown

BAHAHAHAHAHA

Hey Crusty have you crawled out of your hole ?

I do not know what 'Slash's' macho rockers are. Slash wrote the music for two of the songs on your list and Stradlin wrote much of the rockers that would make my list.

You mentioned "Slash`s macho rockers " so you should know what that term neans fun fact Dead Horse is better than all Izzy rockers combined

Edited by Son of a Guns

Casual fan, Coma is Slash's baby.

and "Oh My God" one of GNR's best songs? :rofl-lol:

Coma is Slash`s baby ? let`s see Coms is as much of Axl`s song as it is Slash`s without Axl`s lyrics and melodies it would be half song than it ended up being ( see Anastasia ) so Coma is n`t Slash`s baby it`s an Axl/Slash song

I never used the term 'Slash's' macho rockers. I said, Slash 'fans' like the macho rockers. Big difference.

Weak generalization next ?

Edited by Son of a Guns

Casual fan, Coma is Slash's baby.

and "Oh My God" one of GNR's best songs? :rofl-lol:

Coma is Slash`s baby ? let`s see Coms is as much Axl`s song as it is Slash`s without Axl`s lyrics and melodies it would be half song than it ended up being ( see Anastasia ) so Coma is n`t Slash`s baby it`s an Axl/Slash song

Interesting logic.

"Axl writes the basis of a song. Slash adds epic solos and riffs but it's Axl's song."

"Slash writes the basis for a song and Axl's lyrics makes it as much of an Axl song as Slash."

Is there any limit to the twisted and dumb logic people will go to just to argue a retarded issue? All of them are responsible for the material that brought you here and Oh My God isn't top 20 of GNR songs.