It's 5'O Clock Somewhere as a GNR Album

bacardimayne

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always liked Lower and What Do You Want To Be...

It's a pretty solid album. Not as good as classic GNR but it's better than Chinese Democ.

Not sure if serious? Classic GNR and current GNR shits all over that Snakepit crap.

Music is definately subjective but there is certain situations where crap is obvious.

It's a pretty solid album. Not as good as classic GNR but it's better than Chinese Democ.

Not sure if serious? Classic GNR and current GNR shits all over that Snakepit crap.

Music is definately subjective but there is certain situations where crap is obvious.

Classic GNR shits all over Snakepit record, but current GNR.... absolutely not

Btw: i think the Second Snakepit album (Ain't life grand) is better than It's 5 o' Clock.

I think Good to be Alive sounds like what '90s rock should've sounded like: Fun, riffy, not totally serious, sort of grooy. The kind of song you could sit back and watch Ren & Stimpy to. If I stretch it mentally, it sounds like it could've been a "lesser" GN'R song like Bad Apples, if Axl had worked on it.

Back and Forth Again, if you take away the crappy organ beginning (which sounds like a rip off of the beginning of "With a Little Help From My Friends" by Joe Cocker), it could've been a classic GN'R ballad, with a more modern '90s feel.

Beggars and Hangers on could've been a good single as well as GN'R song, same with Neither Can I.

Edited by Vincent Vega

I dont think it would have been adopted wholesale by any means. Obviously it would have only been like a third of the songs, or had ideas from songs incorporated into songs that Axl, Izzy and Duff had wrote.

I mean Axl was a pro at finishing up stuff to really make it something, its just that he pushed that ability way too far and ended up with an album that was way too over produced. Like for example, Jizz Da Pit was written by Slash and Mike Inez, and it has two pretty distinct halves (pretty obvious who wrote which half). I reckon Axl could have mixed the whole 50's rock and roll part with the Alice in Chains/Soundgarden-y part easily to make a more cohesive tune (and by all intents and purposes that sounds exactly like what he wanted to do in the 90's)

Exactly, about 1/3 to 1/2 of the album is very good and it would have been altered heavily from the version that was released. Slash did some great work on that album(Listen to be the Ball and try and tell me it isn't) I 100% agree it could/should have been the starting point for the next GnR album.

IMHO: Jizz Da Pit is better than My World.

That's why he said that It's 5 O'clock Somewhere is better than piece of shit Chinese Democracy, not sure what you're trying to argue with. :shrugs:

Still better than piece of shit Chinese Democracy.

This made me chuckle Chinese Democracy shits all over Snakepit from over the hills and far away deal with it seriously do you slashites compete with each other how many horseshit you can write ?

Edited by Son of a Guns

I don't have to deal with anything because Chinese Democracy is a shitty record. If you think piece of shit Chinese Democracy is better than the first Snakepit record, it's OK, doesn't change the fact that piece of shit Chinese Democracy is nothing but a piece of shit album. :)

I don't have to deal with anything because Chinese Democracy is a shitty record. If you think piece of shit Chinese Democracy is better than the first Snakepit record, it's OK, doesn't change the fact that piece of shit Chinese Democracy is nothing but a piece of shit album. :)

And that "piece of shit" record is better then all of Slash`s turds combined did elephant double penetrate your ears or something ? you sound like a broken record repeating same shit over and over again I`m not surprised to be honest

Edited by Son of a Guns

And that "piece of shit" record is better then all of Slash`s turds combined did elephant double penetrate your ears or something ? yuo sound like a broken record repeating same shit over and over again I`m not surprised to be honest

In your opinion. Just like in my opinion, Chinese Democracy is nothing but shit.

Oh, and it's THAN not THEN.

I prefer the sound (sans, Dover's voice) and riffs on i50c but the lyrics and scope of democracy are superior. There are no riffs as good as Beggars on Democracy. This is just fact. Nonetheless the lyrics are poor and the singer is horrid..Both albums could learn from each other. Snakepit has the bluesy grease which I found lacking on democracy

I prefer the sound (sans, Dover's voice) and riffs on i50c but the lyrics and scope of democracy are superior. There are no riffs as good as Beggars on Democracy. This is just fact. Nonetheless the lyrics are poor and the singer is horrid..Both albums could learn from each other. Snakepit has the bluesy grease which I found lacking on democracy

Bullshit Bucket`s riffs and solos piss all over Snakepit

And that "piece of shit" record is better then all of Slash`s turds combined did elephant double penetrate your ears or something ? yuo sound like a broken record repeating same shit over and over again I`m not surprised to be honest

In your opinion. Just like in my opinion, Chinese Democracy is nothing but shit.

Oh, and it's THAN not THEN.

It`s funny how slashites cling to this"opinion" argument when they can`t prove anything and as for " Than" and "Then" it `s a typing miskate chief

Edited by Son of a Guns

Buckethead only gets three writing credits (Shacklers, Scraped and Sorry), none of which have good riffs. The best riff on that record is Better and that is Finck's.

Really ? and who plays main solo on TWAT ? to be technical Snakepit is riff driven album whereas Chinese Democracy is more melody oriented

Edited by Son of a Guns