Sad state of affairs

tbaugerud

I've been coming to this board for several years and I believe I'm one of the seniors on here. Back in 2005 we were all so excited and optimistic. Many alike me on here used to be invaluable members and could only be described as die-hards. Madison, Username, Kaneda etc etc.

But after many years in limbo and ultimately disappointments, many have lost touch with the band. The so-called Nu GnR fans on here have become - in my view - the dominant force. Stupid morons more interested in technical ability than musicality. I guess they all hate The Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, Elton John, AC/DC etc etc etc. Jerks.

Anyway, my point is this.

People seem divided on whether Axl/GnR actually OWES us anything. In my opinion OF COURSE they do. We put food on their tables, a car in their garage etc etc. Without its fans, a band or a football club is nothing. If you treat your fans badly, they might not quit being a fan, but does that make it right to beat the shit out of a kid because "he doesn't tell on you"?

If the willingness to meet the fanbase's wish was just a little bit bigger than it is today, no one would complain.

Only Axl Rose refuses to do so. How about just recording a studio jam on the fly in a studio a couple of times a year? Then release it through their website. By NO MEANS Axl, would it have to be an "official release". Just record it and call it "Cocksucker Blues" or whatever. And PLEASE, do stress that it was made in a hurry and that years of over-production was therefore impossible.

A song like "Used to love her" could easily surface from such a session, and the Lies-songs were indeed made at least halfway like that.

Is it so hard for a musical group to string a song together every now and then? Just a little teaser until the next masterpiece record is ready to drop?

I guess it's hard for some of the newer fans to appreciate my views, but I think they're brainwashed by the musical genious that is Axl Rose.

I'll never stop admiring Axl and Guns n Roses. They will forever be my favorite band.

But things gotta change. I know they won't, because we've been saying these exact words for many YEARS, and that is as far as I'm concerned unacceptable.

I, for one, demand one tenth of the respect I have for this band to be returned.

Happy New Year.

Is it refusal, or just waiting to see what happens until he feels the time is right?

The whole "you owe the fans" argument holds no weight, except at live shows. But once he's on stage, it's his stage.

No one has to go see football or a band, it's entertainment even though most would say it's more than that. But if you don't have any money yourself, you'd rather starve for the sake of lining someone's pockets who doesn't really care about your situation in life (I'm sure they might if they're a soft touch, but it's not like you can just invite yourself to their place because you helped pay for the place. Taxpayers have a better argument because politicians elected to be our bitches).

Commission an artist to do work, that's the only time an artist actually owes someone, or if they're late on rent or mortgage.

My speculation is that an EP or a song for a soundtrack is the likeliest thing to happen next.

I don't understand how buying an album or attending a concert means the artist suddenly owes you something more than what you paid for.

Axl is only a musician. You can either like what he's doing, or you can choose not to like it. The only morons here, are those who think Axl owes them something because they like his music.

I was in Grade 9 in 1999. I used to check the GnR Online forum everyday. Then Oh My God and Live Era came out, there were interviews, and the ball seemed to be rolling. A lifetime has passed since then, and look what the band has done in that amount of time...

I still check here every now and then to see what's happening, out of curiosity more than anything, but I have absolutely no interest in this band anymore. Axl doesn't owe anyone anything, but his fans definitely don't owe him their money or their patience either. And with the way this band presents themselves, it astounds me that there is anyone still hanging in there.

I was in Grade 9 in 1999. I used to check the GnR Online forum everyday. Then Oh My God and Live Era came out, there were interviews, and the ball seemed to be rolling. A lifetime has passed since then, and look what the band has done in that amount of time...

I still check here every now and then to see what's happening, out of curiosity more than anything, but I have absolutely no interest in this band anymore. Axl doesn't owe anyone anything, but his fans definitely don't owe him their money or their patience either. And with the way this band presents themselves, it astounds me that there is anyone still hanging in there.

CD was released?

The band has been putting on amazing shows for the past couple of years?

You are right. The fanbase is now overwhelmingly composed of complete and utter dorks.

I really can't fathom what goes through the minds of people that would rather have this band be inactiave as opposed to being on tour and in the public eye.

Of course he doesn't owe us anything but at the same time that doesn't mean we're in the wrong to want it. Saying he owes us something because we've given him money in the past is like my boss from the bar job I had in college calling me up and saying I have to come in to work tonight because he once threw a few pay checks my way. Ridiculous logic.

I've been coming to this board for several years and I believe I'm one of the seniors on here. Back in 2005 we were all so excited and optimistic. Many alike me on here used to be invaluable members and could only be described as die-hards. Madison, Username, Kaneda etc etc.

But after many years in limbo and ultimately disappointments, many have lost touch with the band. The so-called Nu GnR fans on here have become - in my view - the dominant force. Stupid morons more interested in technical ability than musicality. I guess they all hate The Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, Elton John, AC/DC etc etc etc. Jerks.

Anyway, my point is this.

People seem divided on whether Axl/GnR actually OWES us anything. In my opinion OF COURSE they do. We put food on their tables, a car in their garage etc etc. Without its fans, a band or a football club is nothing. If you treat your fans badly, they might not quit being a fan, but does that make it right to beat the shit out of a kid because "he doesn't tell on you"?

If the willingness to meet the fanbase's wish was just a little bit bigger than it is today, no one would complain.

Only Axl Rose refuses to do so. How about just recording a studio jam on the fly in a studio a couple of times a year? Then release it through their website. By NO MEANS Axl, would it have to be an "official release". Just record it and call it "Cocksucker Blues" or whatever. And PLEASE, do stress that it was made in a hurry and that years of over-production was therefore impossible.

A song like "Used to love her" could easily surface from such a session, and the Lies-songs were indeed made at least halfway like that.

Is it so hard for a musical group to string a song together every now and then? Just a little teaser until the next masterpiece record is ready to drop?

I guess it's hard for some of the newer fans to appreciate my views, but I think they're brainwashed by the musical genious that is Axl Rose.

I'll never stop admiring Axl and Guns n Roses. They will forever be my favorite band.

But things gotta change. I know they won't, because we've been saying these exact words for many YEARS, and that is as far as I'm concerned unacceptable.

I, for one, demand one tenth of the respect I have for this band to be returned.

Happy New Year.

Dude, I've seen you around here for years and you're an ok guy. But if experience teaches us anything it is that these threads are at least as pointless and uneffective as they are true.

Edited by username

Lol, I love when people think a band owes them something. So, when you bought Appetite or Chinese Democracy, you didn't get a copy of the album? When you bought a ticket to a live show, Axl personally came by and ripped up your ticket?

Sure, it would be nice to see the band being active, but they don't owe it to you. You paid for albums and live shows and got albums and live shows in return. The notion that they owe you something is beyond laughable, and quite pathetic.

Lol, I love when people think a band owes them something. So, when you bought Appetite or Chinese Democracy, you didn't get a copy of the album? When you bought a ticket to a live show, Axl personally came by and ripped up your ticket?

Sure, it would be nice to see the band being active, but they don't owe it to you. You paid for albums and live shows and got albums and live shows in return. The notion that they owe you something is beyond laughable, and quite pathetic.

This exactly!!! ^^^

Unfortunately, there's a large amount of people who think musicians should be making music for them. Musicians don't just create music for commercial release. We all know Axl's made music, but hasn't released all of it. So, he is making music. Whether he chooses to release it or not is up to him. Saying he owes you two more Chinese Democracy's, or Coma live, or some kind of remix album, or whatever, is ridiculous.

Some of you need to grow up and realize Axl isn't a bookie who owes you some kind of payout for something you bet on.

Axl's worn out from trying to do the biggest thing ever. I just wish he and Izzy would sit down in a shitty little house somewhere and make an album like the second side of Lies and FOR GOD'S SAKE not overproduce the damn thing and sound like you're in a damn vacuum.

Make it no more than 45 minutes long; no songs more than 4 minutes long. It will be relatively easy, refreshing, super interesting, cheap, and will leave people wanting more. Rolling Stone will lick their nuts to get them on a magazine cover.

Imperfections and incidental noises are great. When Axl does his little YEE HAA's and sang James Brown, Tupac, and the Doors and stuff - that's cool to me. Axl's vocals and Izzy's electric guitar on One in a Million to me, encapsulates Gnr quite well, to me.

Edited by Eu4ic

Of course he doesn't owe us anything but at the same time that doesn't mean we're in the wrong to want it.

Exactly.

As for the rest of the OP. I've been here since 2002, so I know what you are talking about. Luckily though it really is just a small group of posters that are polluting the forum, unfortunately a couple of them are very vocal. The guys that rarely post about the topic and instead just insult people who aren't worshipping Axl's every move. They complain about people being negative.....but 90% of their posts are them insulting people.

Why the mods let them continually do this is sad, as it really does bring down the forum. Great posters have left simply because they don't want to be verbally abused when they come to a forum to chat about their favorite band.

People should be able to have a conversation about Axl without being insulted by other posters. Unfortunately on this forum, that Jang always the case.

I think that you can take this both ways. Axl does do lots of touring, and for some fans that is great. He does songs that people love and ones people have loved from that past. Other fans, want some new songs and an album. That, I think everyone wants, but I don't think he owes you it or anything. Axl will release it at the time he wants and when he believes it's ready. (I understand this could take a while, so let it be) I don't think he owes me anything but I will say I really want a new album or even just a song or two.