Led Zeppelin I, II, and III vs. Green Day's Uno, Dos, and Tre.

arnold layne

Vote  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can a punk band ripoff punk.

...at the risk of getting the President of the Green Day Fan Club back here yelling at me (every time this comes up)

By aping a scene that was over before they even started.

They are not punk, they are caricatures of punk.

At the risk of upsetting the boards KING OF TRUPUNX!!!!!!!!!111111111

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/green_day_named_the_kings_of_punk.html

How can a punk band ripoff punk.

...at the risk of getting the President of the Green Day Fan Club back here yelling at me (every time this comes up)

By aping a scene that was over before they even started.

They are not punk, they are caricatures of punk.

At the risk of upsetting the boards KING OF TRUPUNX!!!!!!!!!111111111

http://www.ultimate-...gs_of_punk.html

Zero risk of that..lol.

Pretty funny read though!

"Rolling Stone have conducted a poll to find the best punk rock bands of all time, with Green Day coming out on top.

The magazine appear to feel the need to stress that Green Day likely won because:

"Green Day Authority and the band's official site at GreenDay.com both [posted] the link and asking fans to vote for Green Day – which gave the group a significant boost in the final tally."

when you see the full list, you might disagree that they’re better than certain other names on the list. "

According to the Green Day fan club. :lol:

Green Day doesn't come within a squatter's mile of the other 9 bands on that top 10 list.

HOW IS THIS ANY DIFFERENT THAN POSTING LINKS TO 'BEST ROCK BAND OF ALL TIME' POLLS ON MYGNR?

With all due respect, the same shit happens here man. And I've got news for you, not everyone thinks Gn'R is the best rock band of all time.

And no matter what you say, you will not change my opinion about Green Day. You are fighting an unwinnable war bro.

Edited by arnold layne

I haven't listened to any of these albums, so null vote. But I like about the same amount of songs from each band. I grew up with Dookie, so a part of me will always love Green Day. I swear my mom threw that album away so many times, but it kept showing up in the house. I remember singing "Basket Case" in kindergarten.

HOW IS THIS ANY DIFFERENT THAN POSTING LINKS TO 'BEST ROCK BAND OF ALL TIME' POLLS ON MYGNR?

It isn't.

With all due respect, the same shit happens here man. And I've got news for you, not everyone thinks Gn'R is the best rock band of all time.

No one was suggesting otherwise.

And no matter what you say, you will not change my opinion about Green Day. You are fighting an unwinnable war bro.

Not trying to change your opinion. You started a thread and it stirred a reaction to which I chose to respond.

It is the point of starting a thread no?

Oh come on, Green Day isn't that bad. Not comparing them to Zeppelin, just based solely on their own merits. At least they write some catchy tunes, unlike just about all other punk music I've heard. Then again it's not like I've looked much, but I gather catchiness isn't what punk is all about.

Now I could be wrong, but I think some of you guys are just punk snobs who hate the fact that Green Day are getting credit as a punk band long after the punk movement has had it's day. But I don't think GD ever thought of themselves as the greatest punk band ever or anything like that. I don't think they take themselves that seriously. They just love the genre and put out their own catchy and sometimes ambitious versions of it, and from all I've seen and heard they appreciate the history of punk and would probably agree with the rest of that list and they would likely remove themselves from it and add another band. So the hatred is kind of misplaced. But I could be wrong there too.

Green Day are a guilty pleasure for me, but I actually do not feel very guily about it. Nevertheless, I am voting Led Zeppelin and I don't feel I need to hear Uno, Dos, and Tre to know that I, II, and III are superior.

Edited by KBear

Oh come on, Green Day isn't that bad. Not comparing them to Zeppelin, just based solely on their own merits. At least they write some catchy tunes, unlike just about all other punk music I've heard. Then again it's not like I've looked much, but I gather catchiness isn't what punk is all about.

Now I could be wrong, but I think some of you guys are just punk snobs who hate the fact that Green Day are getting credit as a punk band long after the punk movement has had it's day. But I don't think GD ever thought of themselves as the greatest punk band ever or anything like that. I don't think they take themselves that seriously. They just love the genre and put out their own catchy and sometimes ambitious versions of it, and from all I've seen and heard they appreciate the history of punk and would probably agree with the rest of that list and they would likely remove themselves from it and add another band. So the hatred is kind of misplaced. But I could be wrong there too.

Green Day are a guilty pleasure for me, but I actually do not feel very guily about it. Nevertheless, I am voting Led Zeppelin and I don't feel I need to hear Uno, Dos, and Tre to know that I, II, and III are superior.

i like this post a lot

Any self proclaimed punk band that does a musical should turn their testicals over to their nearest Secritary of Musical Sodomization department as soon as possible, in person or by mail.

I vote Zep, and I dislike Zep very much.

Don't worry about it Zint. The babbling moron is fr Georgia, and not the state Georgia, if you know what I mean.

That poor bastard. I'm surprised he managed to get on the internet

Look at this self ebsorbed depressive piece of shit hey Arnold cocklane you should have been aborted as a fetus in your mother`s uterus you little hooray for tolerance! I``ll defecate on your face bitch you fucking useless, worthless, low life waste of oxygen