Axl talk on Howard Stern today

ronartest2004

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny to hear all this "Howard has been over for 20 years" and " "He doesn't have half the listeners he used to", because that's exactly what most would say about Axl Rose.

And neither is true...

Then again, look at the one disgruntled poster who put that. 80 different posts about it. lmao

I'd say Howard's been generally positive about Axl through the years. Robyn on the other hand seems to have a real stick up her ass when it comes to Axl though. Not sure if that has to do with "One In A Million" or whether she's a big Slash fan or what... but she almost always has something snide to say.

Anyway- if I'm not mistaken Howard was pretty positive about the "I.R.S." demo when it leaked back in 04/05.

That's just how '34' is...

And this is the type of trip people expect Axl to take....

I'd love to see Axl beat up Howard Stern.

And that's pretty likely if he'd appear on the Howard Stern Show.

I can't imagine he would though.

It's not a wresting show. If Axl didn't like the question, he'd either not answer it, or start rambling about something that had nothing to do with the question. Or he'd just leave. He knows what Howard's show is about.

Ive recently upgraded my XM to include Howard 101... His show is entertaining, he always seems to have decent guest on his show. Axl would never do it because Howard would bagger him with questions about why doesn't he do reunion tour and make all the cash that comes with it.

I dont think Axl would have an issue discussing the old band I just thing he would also want to discuss current happenings and Im not sure if that would interest Howard.

I used to be a huge Howard Stern fan till he got all political and became an elitist snob after his wife left him and he married that Philly. Now all he does is suck up to Rosie O Donnel and make fun of retarded and disabled people.

On topic, he has MANY times talked shit about Axl, including a negative comment about Chinese Democracy. No way in Hell Axl would do his show. Not tom mention the fact that Howard has less than 1.2 million listeners per week TOTAL So that could be less the 300k per day according to Arbitron's first Satellite rating release. He had an Audience almost exponentially larger than that when he was on terrestrial radio. Not to mention when he was added to Americas Got Talent, their ratings went down.

He is always mentioning 20 million listeners etc. That is all subscribers combined, and he has very little of them. He his just king of the dipshits He is radios version of the internet banner.Just because he gets 1.2 million a week out of how many hundred channels still makes his rating less than most Hispanic radio station in a one city market. They are THAT abysmal.

Howard has no juice, horrible ratings, and just a few barnacles left. I was a fan when he was edgy, and he was revolutionary, but he has no audience and has been a smarmy dick about Axl for years. Axl would do better doing a local radio station in NY. Like Mitch Hedberg says, you can swear on satellite radio, cause nobody is listening.

I had Sirius too, 5 years ago, before Pandora.

p.s. He also just lost his lawsuit to Sirius as well. I give him credit, he made a fortune, but that shit is over.

I have been a subcriber to Sirius as soon as I heard Howard was going there and you have no idea what you are talking about mate as Sirius had 600K subscribers and was getting killed by XM when Howard signed his first contract there.

He brought so many subscribers to Sirius that it basically forced the merger with XM as they were losing people to Sirius and also new subscribers to Sirius. If Howard had not signed with Sirius it most likely would have folded and even XM may not have survived. Basically he saved satellite radio.

As far as his lawsuit is concerned he got fucked out of a bonus he was entitled to. Go do your research before you talk shit about something you know nothing about......

I can't see Axl doing Howard either as he is too big a pussy but if you know anything about Howard is he is a brilliant interviewer and knows when to back off if his questions are alienating his subject. He would do a real interview and not the fluff bullshit that Axl has done recently.

But like I said Axl is too big a pussy to ever do an no rules interview with Howard.........

If he did go on Stern's show, I truthfully can't see it being any more than Kimmel's interview...except it'd be a bit more raunchier.

Then you don't know much about Howard Stern if you believe that

Edited by classicrawker

Howard Stern gives great interviews with celebs, at least an hour long. And yes, Howard has ripped on Axl in the past, but Howard rips on everybody. Thats what he does. Nobody is immune.

I'd be shocked if Axl does it though. Axl's not gonna talk to Howard for an hour, no way.

Howard Stern gives great interviews with celebs, at least an hour long. And yes, Howard has ripped on Axl in the past, but Howard rips on everybody. Thats what he does. Nobody is immune.

I'd be shocked if Axl does it though. Axl's not gonna talk to Howard for an hour, no way.

Here is someone who understands Howard...and what Howard has said about Axl was not that negative and mostly to do with the breakup of old Guns..and everything he has said has been true.............

I used to be a huge Howard Stern fan till he got all political and became an elitist snob after his wife left him and he married that Philly. Now all he does is suck up to Rosie O Donnel and make fun of retarded and disabled people.

On topic, he has MANY times talked shit about Axl, including a negative comment about Chinese Democracy. No way in Hell Axl would do his show. Not tom mention the fact that Howard has less than 1.2 million listeners per week TOTAL So that could be less the 300k per day according to Arbitron's first Satellite rating release. He had an Audience almost exponentially larger than that when he was on terrestrial radio. Not to mention when he was added to Americas Got Talent, their ratings went down.

He is always mentioning 20 million listeners etc. That is all subscribers combined, and he has very little of them. He his just king of the dipshits He is radios version of the internet banner.Just because he gets 1.2 million a week out of how many hundred channels still makes his rating less than most Hispanic radio station in a one city market. They are THAT abysmal.

Howard has no juice, horrible ratings, and just a few barnacles left. I was a fan when he was edgy, and he was revolutionary, but he has no audience and has been a smarmy dick about Axl for years. Axl would do better doing a local radio station in NY. Like Mitch Hedberg says, you can swear on satellite radio, cause nobody is listening.

p.s. He also just lost his lawsuit to Sirius as well. I give him credit, he made a fortune, but that shit is over.

I have been a subcriber to Sirius as soon as I heard Howard was going there and you have no idea what you are talking about mate as Sirius had 600K subscribers and was getting killed by XM when Howard signed his first contract there.

He brought so many subscribers to Sirius that it basically forced the merger with XM as they were losing people to Sirius and also new subscribers to Sirius. If Howard had not signed with Sirius it most likely would have folded and even XM may not have survived. Basically he saved satellite radio.

As far as his lawsuit is concerned he got fucked out of a bonus he was entitled to. Go do your research before you talk shit about something you know nothing about......

I can't see Axl doing Howard either as he is too big a pussy but if you know anything about Howard is he is a brilliant interviewer and knows when to back off if his questions are alienating his subject. He would do a real interview and not the fluff bullshit that Axl has done recently.

But like I said Axl is too big a pussy to ever do an no rules interview with Howard.........

If he did go on Stern's show, I truthfully can't see it being any more than Kimmel's interview...except it'd be a bit more raunchier.

So Axl is a pussy because he doesn`t want to talk about issues AKA Slash and old band he`s addressed zillion times before ? holy crap logic as hard as iron here

Edited by Son of a Guns

So Axl is a pussy because he doesn`t want to talk about issues AKA Slash and old band he`s addressed zillion times before ? holy crap logic as hard as iron here

Zillion times? Axl has given very limited and mostly staged or with-rules interviews over the last 20 years and yet he has not really addressed those matters directly on any of those interviews. So what the fuck are you talking about?

Zillion times? Axl has given very limited and mostly staged or with-rules interviews over the last 20 years and yet he has not really addressed those matters directly on any of those interviews. So what the fuck are you talking about?

I think we can consider "eh... yeah, back up your boy but when he says he killed no one it ain't exactly true" as really deep information of the break-up. :lol:

And who was talking to you smartass time to eat your cereals

Why the hostility as Izzy makes a vaid point mate. When has Axl addressed this a million times? The guy hasn't given a real interview in over 10 years and his recent interviews has been fluff so it would be interesting to hear him give a real honest no rules interview and Howard is the perfect person to do it...........

I like it when he has Richard, Fred, and Gary in to talk with musicians, because at least they'll bring some of the music geek questions in that Howard wouldn't know to ask.

Axl would prob. steal Richard Christy and fire Frank if he went on the show. Axl just has to pay him in pumpkin beer.

Answer the question you stupid fuck.

Hopefully he's been doing fluff interviews to get ready for the big deal. Even on kimmel and random recent videos i've seen he seemed nervous and kind of shy and withdrawn. It's a strange thing for axl rose. I think he really doen't like interviews anymore. They're probably taking baby steps.

Edited by useyorappetite