Does anybody else get the feeling that Axl's getting ready to drop CD II?

Randy Lahey

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also thinking 2014. I really hope it comes out then. I don't know if I can wait much longer. :nervous:

You better prepare yourself, could be a long long wait.

Maybe they want to drop it, but since it's Axl it will not happen. And not the year after this one or the next or next.

I sincerely hope I am wrong, but I don't think so.

Edited by MBRose

i liked it better when Bach talked about CD, he needs to be in the mix when they start doing the marketing for CDII

Good point. We haven't heard Baz for the umpteenth time concerning GNR material. Until this happens, I think we're a long way away.

As for paradisecity.com, I'm still not sure exactly what this is for. Maybe it's a staging ground for trying out stuff and promoting (though, why have a separate website that charges for content then?).

Then again, with this band, who really knows (including actual members).

I doubt it....doesn't sound like they are working on anything so far, from one of the latest Ron's interview :

(source: http://www.boomerocity.com/ronbumblefootthal.html

Bumblefoot has worked on a ton of different kinds of projects so I asked him what kinds of projects that he hasn’t worked on yet that is on his bucket list to do.

“I find all these things just happen unexpectedly and unplanned. My paths cross with people that I didn’t think to meet and things like that just happen. I don’t know, it’s almost like I don’t really plan anything anymore. I just go the way the wind blows and just roll with whatever happens. Things tend to always happen. But let me think.” Then, once again with that joking lilt to his voice, he added, Hmmm, gee, it sure would be nice to put out some music with Axl on some Guns music. That would be kinda nice.” Then, getting back into a more serious tone, said, “We’ve spoken a lot about it. It’s just a question of – I wouldn’t even say the planets aligning; That’s a little extreme as far as a metaphor – but I think we just need to have nothing else going on to where we can just focus on making new music and putting it out. There’s such strong people in the band. Dizzy is a great singer and songwriter. DJ – a great songwriter. Pitman is a great singer and songwriter. Frank is a great drummer. Tommy, he’s a great singer and songwriter. Richard, he’s a great player, songwriter. We have all the parts of the machine there. All we have to do is assemble that machine and hit the on switch.

“We’ve been doing a lot of touring. It’s great and it’s made us tight and it’s made us solid. It’s made us to the point where we can jam and just sort of read each other’s minds and know where we’re going to go without having to look at each other. Now, I would love to put out music. It doesn’t even have to be an album. Let’s just put out songs. Put a song then hit the road and play that song. Then put out another song and hit the road and play that song, too. If we did that for each leg of the touring over the last few years, we would’ve had an album finished by now song by song.

“That’s how I look at it: that, these days, putting out an album is too big of a bite to bite off. It’s not necessary. You can keep a constant simmer going by putting out a song and then a song and then a song, putting out music throughout the year rather than waiting two or three years and putting out fourteen songs at once. Albums are nice as far as having a piece of merch that you can hold in your hand but they’re no longer the source of the music.

“Now, with the technology, you don’t just put out the song. What I did, I put out the song but I put it out in options of high res format, if you want .wav, if you want 320 MP3, FLAC, whatever you want. Here’s the instrumental version if you don’t want vocal. Here’s the recording stems if you want to do your own mix. I’ve had people do it where they want to keep the drums and bass and play their own guitar and vocals over it and stuck it on YouTube. I’ve done transcriptions with backing tracks. You can take each song and do more with it if you just focus on the song, I find.

“For me, it’s not so much about the money because it all, in the end, it all kind of ends up the same way, anyway. I don’t even worry about the money. The money is secondary to getting people what they want. That’s really the primary focus of why you do what you do and you never want to lose sight of that. If you’re going to make a living off it, that’s because people are helping you because you’ve giving them something they enjoy. I’m doing enough things in a variety of places where I can put food on the table. I’m not trying to nickel and dime the people that care about what I do. I’m just putting it out there whenever I can put it out there and put it out in a way that people like it. There are people that still want CDs because they want that thing in their hand. They should have that, as well. At this point, I think the CD has become like a piece of merch and that’s even why people like it is because they want it as something that they can hold in their hand. It’s not even for the music because they can get the music a million different ways now.”

You know it.

menace-ii-society.jpeg?1301896639

Axl is finally going to release his Menace II Society.

I think he's going to go gangsta on CD II.

If do AFD meets NWA meets The Fragile that could be epic gangster.

like bowie and nin's im afraid of americans