If The World - was it the big single off CD?

wasted

I don't think they are comparable at all. I remember when they played the single CD on Irish radio for the first time. Afterwards the DJ commented on how it didn't sound like Axl at all and that it sounded like studio trickery on his vocals because his voice was shot.

Then you have Madagascar, awful vocals, Prostitute awful vocals autotuned, Scraped is just a pissing contest that sounded good on paper but turned out awful. I could go on.

iIts ike I can do this so I will, its all very overwrought. I blame Korn.

Yeah totally. It is like Axl decided to use his voice as an instrument (think Scraped in particular) and tried to squeeze every little thing he could do vocally into the album, forgetting in a way to actually sing. I know that sounds a little weird but it is kind of hard to describe. The vocal flourishes of past records being the main focus and made the whole thing, to my ears at least, rather unlistenable.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not sure why he did that, made all the songs hard to play live. ItW sounds almost impossible to sing live. Maybe it was to hold nothing back in the studio. That whole punk rock ethos seemed to get throw out the hotel window. Every track is way OTT. Each song is equivalent to an album.

Honest to God, whenever I play it in a bar, I either have friends ask me what it is, or see strangers checking out the jukebox. I've watched a bartender purchase it on his IPad right in front of me as well.

It's a real shocking song! I've played it too to a few friends an none recognized that funky weird song to be Gn'R and certainly not sung by Axl Rose.

On the other hand most old fans react positively to Better and This I Love.

Honest to God, whenever I play it in a bar, I either have friends ask me what it is, or see strangers checking out the jukebox. I've watched a bartender purchase it on his IPad right in front of me as well.

It's immeadiately catchy. You hear it once you know the tune and lyrics. Whereas as Chi Dem you're like what is he really singing about 5 years after it's release. It's like a protest song/metaphor type thing.

It doesn't sound exactly how GNR would sound but it has a Since I Don't Have You meets Miami Vice theme.

Best song on the album. It's rollin music for the homies.

"If the world would end to day, what's my motherfucking name, Axl Doggy Rose."

The rolling beat is exactly the same.

Maybe there will be a Gin n Juice on CD II.

Always On Time by Ja Rule and Ashanti might work.

No it`s a weak song studio version is annoying as hell the only redeemable thing is Bucket`s solo that being said, this live version is the best

Wow, I had not seen this. I see many vids posted in as proof of this or that on a continuous basis, but this one is one of the more impressive examples that I have seen. I'm a huge CD fan, but If The World is not one of my favorite tunes off of the album. I certainly think it has it's place, but it isn't in my top half. However, this vid shows so much control while utilizing his aggressive vocal approach - something I find myself often missing in certain performances.