Todd Kerns is a real star

izzydoezit

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first time I saw Slash I caught two picks from Kerns, one from Slash, and a drumstick from the drummer whose name escapes me at the moment. It was an incredible show, and even more incredible I caught all that stuff at one show.

When there is not a lot of people at the show it's easier to catch things.

I caught 4 picks and a drum stick at gnr and nothing from slash. cupcake fail

I don't think he is awesome. He was average at best, no raspy whatsoever and all of sudden everyone that complains about Axl's lack of raspy say this is an awesome Jungle performance. Seriously, dont lie to yourselves. At this point it's pretty clear how biased you all are. :)

I don't think he is awesome. He was average at best, no raspy whatsoever and all of sudden everyone that complains about Axl's lack of raspy say this is an awesome Jungle performance. Seriously, dont lie to yourselves. At this point it's pretty clear how biased you all are. :)

You are entitled to your opinion, as are we. Your bias is quite clear as well. Maybe it's the tone we don't like, not the rasp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86rxVK-wIIg

Is this what you people call awesome? :no:

That was actually pretty damn good. At first I was thinking...oh fuck...and then it was surprisingly refreshing.

But I'm looking at this as never having heard Todd sing before. It was good in that sense. Axl on the other hand, sounds like shit now compared to 2010 or 2006. He had already set the bar really high in those two years.

Uh, no. Someone pointed out how this guy sings Jungle too well, much better than Axl and I thought "oh, this guy must be really special" since it's one of the toughest songs to perform and one of the few songs he actually sings. Feel free to show me more performances...

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Todd was the singer and guitar player in the band The Age Of Electric. They were pretty big here in Canada for a while in the 90s. If you've never heard them, check out their stuff! Especially their second album, Make A Pest A Pet.

And on a side note from that... the other guys from The Age Of Electric went on to play in a band called Limblifter, who were also awesome!

"http://youtube.com/embed/rtG4FfXB7zk

http://youtube.com/embed/EI-sCxuAWGM

"http://youtube.com/embed/Cr9GZlA6CCw

Edited by johnnybebad

What full package ?

- Average bassist and guitar player

- below average songwriter

- stage presence ? really ? I can name countless bassist that have much better stage presence ( Flea, Duff, Jeff Ament)

- also he looks like like runaway from mediocre 80s band glam band - not cool bro !

What full package ?

- Average bassist and guitar player

- below average songwriter

- stage presence ? really ? I can name countless bassist that have much better stage presence ( Flea, Duff, Jeff Ament)

- also he looks like like runaway from mediocre 80s band glam band - not cool bro !

How much of HIS actual music have you heard to judge that he's an average bassists? He's a great bassist maybe not as good as Duff or Flea but he's still got a long career ahead of him to get better.

He's a good singer and has amazing stage presence. He gets up there and you can see he's enjoying himself and giving his all up there.

How does he look like a runaway from a mediocre 80s glam band? Explain.