Ron: "If we recorded an album it would be absolutely different from Chinese Democracy"

ManetsBR

Man, he spent 14 million on 36 songs, and he only sold 14 of them for that same amount.

It doesn't matter how many copies CD sold. Let's work with the following numbers:

-36 songs

-14 million dollars

-14 songs released.

Axl used 14 million dollars on 36 songs, what makes 388,888 per song.

Best Buy paied 14 million for 14 songs, what makes a million per song. That's a huge profit. The way I see it, the only reason Axl agreed to release Chinese Democracy was because, with that deal, he would have profit even it sold zero copies.

Axl did not get 14 Million mate the label did and Axl prompty went about spending just about every penny in recording costs...........

Ok, it doesn't matter who got the money. Chinese Democracy and possible follow ups production were paied on that deal. End of.

That's why it's a genius deal for GNR and UMG, and I suspect - and fear - that they're waiting for something like that to drop from the sky again to release music again. I'm afraid it won't happen, though.

Edited by ManetsBR

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So now Dizzy is the end all be all,, wasnt he torn to shit for saying this is the real Guns...

When he says he doesn't know the answer, why shouldn't that answer be trusted? Not a good comparison there.

So when Axl says we are working it out with the label, thats not good enough?

C'mon man. Given his track record, no, it is not good enough.

You do realise all the shit he went through to get his band to where it is again. Wether you like it or not, hes got other shit goin on besides making a record.

Not being sarcastic - but what is all the other "shit" he has going on that is preventing him from making a record? Specifically things that all bands don't go through?

And what is all the "shit" he had to go through to put his band together (that wasn't directly HIS fault)?

Volcano............haven't pretty much all the band members had interviews where they said they didn't know when a new record might come out? That isn't a band, that's an owner with employees.

Why are all other bands able to put out albums, but it is such a cluster with GnR?

Username and Classic have the best posts in this topic.

Edited by Groghan

True but they got burned, it was well publicised as a bad buy, not a best buy and it alerted competitors that GNR were not a good investment.

Next release will be on the labels back. The silence speaks volumes. They aint interested.

That isn't a band, that's an owner with employees.

If there was ever any doubt about that Axl's countersuit against Azoff pretty much confirms it.

quoted from the filed document

"Rose controls the operation, membership and direction of the band. Rose has the authority to retain and release all constituent members of the band. "

http://www.khpblaw.com/pdf/pdf%20Cross%20Complaint,%20filed%205_17_2010.PDF

So now Dizzy is the end all be all,, wasnt he torn to shit for saying this is the real Guns...

When he says he doesn't know the answer, why shouldn't that answer be trusted? Not a good comparison there.

You do realise all the shit he went through to get his band to where it is again. Wether you like it or not, hes got other shit goin on besides making a record.

Not being sarcastic - but what is all the other "shit" he has going on that is preventing him from making a record? Specifically things that all bands don't go through?

And what is all the "shit" he had to go through to put his band together (that wasn't directly HIS fault)?

Volcano............haven't pretty much all the band members had interviews where they said they didn't know when a new record might come out? That isn't a band, that's an owner with employees.

Why are all other bands able to put out albums, but it is such a cluster with GnR?

Other bands? let's talk about another band.

Aerosmith.

Last album of original material "Just Push Play" 2001

Next album "Music from another dimension" 2012

11 years in between albums and I did not hear 1 single fan bitch about it.

Aerosmith.

Spend alot of time on the Aerosmith boards do ya?

Aerosmith.

Then you are not a member of any Aerosmith forums because they were just a negative about the lack of new Aerosmith material and repetitive setlists as this forum is with NuGuns...there is nothing unique about this forum mate other than the moderators let us express our frustration and opinions where the Aerosmith forum I belong to would delete negative posts........

If the fans are not bitching about it, they should. Aerosmith is an active band, they should put music out. That's what artists does! It doesn't matter if it's some generic rock n' roll like AC/DC's Black Ice, but just keep it rolling at least.

Edited by ManetsBR

Aerosmith.

I'm a fan and I was bitching about it. It was live album after greatest hits album after cover album after greatest hits album etc...

They also had more publicised reasons for the delays. Joe Perry's knee surgery. Tom Hamilton's cancer. ST's broken shoulder and foot operations.

At the least the greatest hits albums gave you a couple new songs while you waited though.

All we can do is speculate about GNR's delay in releasing more music because they are so secretive.

Another key difference... Aerosmith has the same lineup they did in 1973. AC/DC has the same lineup as they did in 1980. These bands all put out three times as many albums as GnR. They didn't replace almost all their members. They play THEIR music. Not a bunch of covers. And on top of they, they don't whine about having 3 albums worth of material "almost done" and then blame everybody else for not releasing it. And even when they don't put stuff out, at least they SAY that they're not going to put anything out. There is NO band in music that's such a messed up shitfest as Guns n' Roses.

Edited by username

That isn't a band, that's an owner with employees.

If there was ever any doubt about that Axl's countersuit against Azoff pretty much confirms it.

quoted from the filed document

"Rose controls the operation, membership and direction of the band. Rose has the authority to retain and release all constituent members of the band. "

http://www.khpblaw.c...d 5_17_2010.PDF

BOOM!

I think it's obvious that an album from this line would be completely different from Chinese Democracy. Because let's face it, the members who most represented the whole feel and vibe of the Nu GN'R era, are gone... players like Robin, Buckethead and Brain.

I don't give a shit about sales, the album Chinese Democracy was a success to me because I loved the songs on it and it represented the CD era perfectly. I don't think I would dig an album from this line-up as much as Chinese Democracy simply because I don't like DJ's Sixx AM stuff, and I just find it generic and typical to be honest.

Luckily, it seems like Axl is a wise man and is going to use the majority of the songs left from the Chinese Democracy sessions, because he knows they are gold. We may end up with 1 or 2 songs that are completely from this line-up but I wouldn't bet on any more than that.