"Guns N’ Roses Playing NYC’s Governors Ball – And No One Is Happy About It"

Tyler Drama

Deserving? I've not heard of ONE of those other bands. Not one. And you speak of GN'R having to reach their level? What????????

So because you're ignorant regarding the contemporary music scene, you mock the idea that Axl has anything to prove? There are some great bands on this ticket. Maybe it's time to expand your horizons and check some of them out.

If Axl doesn't bring it hard, and recent history doesn't speak well to this happening, he's fucked at this show.

Great bands no one knows of. Expand my horizons? If GN'R are on any bill, it's the burden of the others to keep up to their legacy, not the other way around. Guns N' Roses didn't beg to be added to the bill or any other. Who are you kidding?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deserving? I've not heard of ONE of those other bands. Not one. And you speak of GN'R having to reach their level? What????????

So because you're ignorant regarding the contemporary music scene, you mock the idea that Axl has anything to prove? There are some great bands on this ticket. Maybe it's time to expand your horizons and check some of them out.

If Axl doesn't bring it hard, and recent history doesn't speak well to this happening, he's fucked at this show.

Great bands no one knows of. Expand my horizons? If GN'R are on any bill, it's the burden of the others to keep up to their legacy, not the other way around. Guns N' Roses didn't beg to be added to the bill or any other. Who are you kidding?

Maybe if it was 1992.

Stop saying no one knows these bands. It's not a good look for you.

While this is extremely stupid, I do question them choosing GNR. It's such an odd fit, but often times, that stuff works. A lot of times when other festivals have booked abnormal acts (Jay Z at Glastonbury, etc.), it turns out to be a great, special show. But unfortunately, most of us Americans are WAY less open about their musical tastes. They'll keep them for the controversy and publicity and "car crash" element of it, but it wouldn't surprise me for some of the crowd to start shenanigans. Hopefully they'll show up on time (maybe even early!) and just blow everyone the fuck away...

Oh man. You weren't here the last few years? Well, allow me to introduce myself.

I the leader of the Axl Rose Defense Force. I eat, sleep, and breathe Axl Rose. If you insult him. I will be there. I'm a badass motherfucker. I have a lot of reports to hand out. It's nice to meet you.

Nice to meet you too. :)

How does Axl taste? Is Axl meat well marbled?

Maybe if it was 1992.

Stop saying no one knows these bands. It's not a good look for you.

The fact is, when Guns N' Roses are on the bill, they're the attraction.

There seems to be a major effort in the US now to start a summer festival market like that of europe. I think this is due to the fact that most bands have figured out they can make guaranteed money by doing a string of festivals in Europe and come away with just as much money and half the dates, versus trying to book a tour in the US and taking a lot more risk. Cochella, Bonaroo, and Lollapolooza have proved that it can work. Governor's Ball is an attempt to start another one, the bill is ok, i mean beyond Guns, Kanye, and Kings of Leon...the further down bands aren't all that intriguing.

Well, this topic went down the shitter.

As regards to the topic at hand, I don't understand it at all. People can petition all they want, GN'R still put on a hell of a show and there's no reason for them to be thrown off a headlining slot just because some asshole thinks so. It's ridiculous.

People, please read this.

Well, he has a right to his opinion. Real cool of you to hate on someone for feeling differently than you do.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think iftheworld is playing a character, having a laugh at our expense.

gnrfan2007 on the other hand...I have no idea what's going on there.

Oh man. You weren't here the last few years? Well, allow me to introduce myself.

I the leader of the Axl Rose Defense Force. I eat, sleep, and breathe Axl Rose. If you insult him. I will be there. I'm a badass motherfucker. I have a lot of reports to hand out. It's nice to meet you.

So what are your thoughts on fakegnr and mickey mouse singing for the ''band''

"Several weeks ago, two of the three Governors Ball headliners were announced: Kanye West and Kings of Leon, along with dozens of supporting acts across all genres. Yesterday (February 7), the festival finally announced its third headlining act: Rock and Roll Hall of Famers Guns N’ Roses."

Hmm…this writer thinks that this line up is Rock and Roll Hall of Famers?Did he watch the induction?

"Several weeks ago, two of the three Governors Ball headliners were announced: Kanye West and Kings of Leon, along with dozens of supporting acts across all genres. Yesterday (February 7), the festival finally announced its third headlining act: Rock and Roll Hall of Famers Guns N' Roses."

Hmm…this writer thinks that this line up is Rock and Roll Hall of Famers?Did he watch the induction?

Oh Lordy.

Just like a lot of others don't like the current line up being associated with old Guns. There's a lot of people that don't like today's Guns being called Hall of Famers Guns n Roses. When it was the old line up put into the hall. The new line up has nothing to do with Guns n Roses and the Hall of Fame and shouldn't be associated that way.

I was just saying the only one in Guns now that is a hall of famer is Axl. Doesn't make the rest of Guns current members ones.

I, OTOH, was reading into the statement as saying that the writer still doesn't know the four original members (Slash / Izzy / Duff / Steven) are no longer part of GNR, and I was wondering which cave he's living at the moment. LOL.

This kind of festival must only be relevant to the american audience that to start with cares little about Gn'R these days... It's a bit like RnR HOF that is pretty much a no event in Europe and other parts of the world.

If I was Axl I wouldn't take this kind of crap and would stop touring the US almost intyrely and just focus on playing at parts of the world where they're still appreciated and large arenas and small stadiums (+20000 people) filling material, like South America & Europe.

I was just saying the only one in Guns now that is a hall of famer is Axl. Doesn't make the rest of Guns current members ones.

Actually Dizzy was inducted to the HOF as well. You do have a point though...

What damage control does the article speak of?

From the festival's Facebook page:

"Hey there: As festival curators, our #1 goal is to program a world class lineup that features music for fans of all genres. With a mix of rock, hip-hop, indie, electronic, folk, americana, hardcore/punk, reggae, and now classic rock, the Gov Ball 2013 lineup is representative of current music fans' diverse palettes. What we love to do is expose you, the fans, to different artists and give you an opportunity to see something truly unique and rare. Guns N' Roses are not only Rock Hall of Famers, but also an incredibly influential band that doesn't perform in the US often. Their addition to our lineup adds a new flavor to the mix. We're stoked to have them at Gov Ball, and are glad that many of you agree. Thanks guys. #yolo"

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY