I can't believe 2006 was seven years ago.

arnold layne

It seems like it was just yesterday; making an account on the forum as an excited 14 year old, looking forward to the endless possibilities, the new albums, learning about the band. 2002 was only four years before, but I was only ten and the internet had to meaning to me then.

Fast forward seven years and 9,000 posts, I have grown old, bitter and depressed. Just as Axl's Gn'R have grown old and worn, I too have grown old and worn. A few years of prescription and alcohol use has tired Axl out, and I fear I have been following suit as well.

Regardless of what future Gn'R and Axl brings, the spirit will live on. Let us cherish those moments we had together my brothren! The past may all we have left.

It seems like it was just yesterday; making an account on the forum as an excited 14 year old, looking forward to the endless possibilities, the new albums, learning about the band. 2002 was only four years before, but I was only ten and the internet had to meaning to me then.

Fast forward seven years and 9,000 posts, I have grown old, bitter and depressed. Just as Axl's Gn'R have grown old and worn, I too have grown old and worn. A few years of prescription and alcohol use has tired Axl out, and I fear I have been following suit as well.

Regardless of what future Gn'R and Axl brings, the spirit will live on. Let us cherish those moments we had together my brothren! The past may all we have left.

i can't believe i´m reading this shit.

Not to sound like a nostalgic old fuck (38) that I am, but I truly feel for every genuine Gn'R fan that due to his/her young age will never be able to live the golden Gn'R (and general rock) era of the early 90's. I feel privileged to have seen a UYI era live show - it really was a mindblowing unsurpassed experience that made my teen years more memorable. Sure I've seen NuGn'R in '06 and again in '10 but it simply wasn't the same....no Slash, no Duff, no 'true' Gn'R anymore...

Edited by trqster

At 21 you're old and worn? You realize you're comparing yourself to a 50 year old man who's already lived most of his life, right?

2006 I was in my mid twenties, I was having a bunch of fun, my band was playing great shows, we were writing the best music ive written ever, I had a job that was paying ok... 2007 it all got fucked. I feel as if '08-11, I lost those three years to insecurity and depression.

I'm coming back now. :) In my early thirties. Future seems wide open again.

In GNR land though, really nothing has happened. Axl called out the round one, after that its been like a neverending stream of selfhumiliating bad jokes and bullshit.

fuck the tours.

fuck CD.

give us the "too advanced music for an average GNR fan", give us your big guns.

Axl, your leaks+already heard live -songs album is out there now. wrong artwork, you tried to fuck the release, went AWOL.... Now put your money where your mouth is and put out some of your million dollar hits and art pieces.

I agree with you in that I am amazed how fast the time has gone. I remember watching those Gn'R performances from '06 after the 2002 hoopla and feeling like, "Wow, Axl is fucking BACK." And I was so looking forward to the release of the record.

We all know what's happened since. CD was awesome, but Axl gained weight, lost his voice, and endlessly tours the record.

I mean, he was old in 2006, but he was in shape and his voice sounded killer. In retrospect, that right there was the final stand.

Gn'R ... they're just a nostalgia tour now. I'm cool with it, I guess. But it could have been so much more.