Guns N' Roses Live at the O2 in London Discussion Thread

Alpachiris

What's the audio in the wowow version? Still 2.0?

Is the WOWOW version seriously 21.5gb?

For 21.5GB this shit better have DTS-MA.

I heard that it's only 2 Channel. I don't understand why bands don't release their Blu Rays as DTS-MA 7.1. It shits me. Even Metallica's latest Quebec Magnetic BR is only 5.1. I have a 7.1 surround sound which is only ever utilised to its full potential when I watch The Avengers.

lol

What's funny about that? It's true that too many releases are still reliant on 5.1. Of all the BD's in my collection, all that are 6.1 or 7.1 are Star Wars and Prometheus. There's no reason modern concert videos should be 5.1 audio.

they should, u can get the atmosphere even better, u r saying that there's no reason that concert blurays have 5.1 audio, so then it would be just stereo (2 channel), thats old for something like a bluray, they are made for "perfect" video and sound, they should use all of their capabilities, a dl-bluray disc can hold up to 50gb, they hold kinda everything. modern concert br's are about image and sound quality.

It's a pain in the arse. I was pretty pissed off when WTTV was released on DVD in stereo sound. They could have at least updated it to 5.1. I am being unrealistically hopeful that the Vegas 3D BR will be in 7.1. If it's not I will not be surprised but I will probably still whinge about it. haha.

The quality of the 02 Screener is pretty awesome, though. The only complaint I have (aside from the 7.1 stuff I had a sook about earlier) is during Rocket Queen there seems to be a strange noise coming from Frank's ride cymbal. It sounds as though the mic is touching the cymbal. Oh and the lack of cow bell in the mix is kind of annoying too.

wttv can be acceptable because its older, but now we are with more capable technologies that makes this things easily possible without loosing space, money or something. Yeah now i notted that on RQ, sometimes the cymbal "sound" is louder and distracting.

It's also a little distorted and it only happens during RQ.

Did anyone notice Ron rolling his eyes when Axl address the crowd about finishing "early"?

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the audio in the wowow version? Still 2.0?

Is the WOWOW version seriously 21.5gb?

For 21.5GB this shit better have DTS-MA.

I heard that it's only 2 Channel. I don't understand why bands don't release their Blu Rays as DTS-MA 7.1. It shits me. Even Metallica's latest Quebec Magnetic BR is only 5.1. I have a 7.1 surround sound which is only ever utilised to its full potential when I watch The Avengers.

lol

What's funny about that? It's true that too many releases are still reliant on 5.1. Of all the BD's in my collection, all that are 6.1 or 7.1 are Star Wars and Prometheus. There's no reason modern concert videos should be 5.1 audio.

they should, u can get the atmosphere even better, u r saying that there's no reason that concert blurays have 5.1 audio, so then it would be just stereo (2 channel), thats old for something like a bluray, they are made for "perfect" video and sound, they should use all of their capabilities, a dl-bluray disc can hold up to 50gb, they hold kinda everything. modern concert br's are about image and sound quality.

It's a pain in the arse. I was pretty pissed off when WTTV was released on DVD in stereo sound. They could have at least updated it to 5.1. I am being unrealistically hopeful that the Vegas 3D BR will be in 7.1. If it's not I will not be surprised but I will probably still whinge about it. haha.

The quality of the 02 Screener is pretty awesome, though. The only complaint I have (aside from the 7.1 stuff I had a sook about earlier) is during Rocket Queen there seems to be a strange noise coming from Frank's ride cymbal. It sounds as though the mic is touching the cymbal. Oh and the lack of cow bell in the mix is kind of annoying too.

wttv can be acceptable because its older, but now we are with more capable technologies that makes this things easily possible without loosing space, money or something. Yeah now i notted that on RQ, sometimes the cymbal "sound" is louder and distracting.

It's also a little distorted and it only happens during RQ.

Did anyone notice Ron rolling his eyes when Axl address the crowd about finishing "early"?

yeah, i thought he disagreed

I just realised I will NOT be able to watch the 23gb DL of 02. My HD is formatted to Fat32 therefor can only take files as big as 4 or 5 gig. Fuck! Any suggestions on how I can fix that? I am quite limited with my computer knowledge, so please be gentle.

I just realised I will NOT be able to watch the 23gb DL of 02. My HD is formatted to Fat32 therefor can only take files as big as 4 or 5 gig. Fuck! Any suggestions on how I can fix that? I am quite limited with my computer knowledge, so please be gentle.

You can download free software that reformats your HD. Just google 'fat32 to ntfs sofware'.

You can download free software that reformats your HD. Just google 'fat32 to ntfs sofware'.

Unreal! Thanks buddy.

Just zip it into small files put it on ya harddrive and unzip it to easy. Thats all i ever do with big files Edited by Gibbo 27

You dont need to download anything, all you need to do is go into my computer, right click on it and click format. NTFS is what you want

Anyone worked upon cutting the concert into songs and making an mp3 available?

At 46:40 in the concert, with the dude who looks like he's having some serious orgasm to Motivation :rofl-lol:

Edited by Guest

Anyone worked upon cutting the concert into songs and making an mp3 available?

At 46:40 in the concert, with the dude who looks like he's having some serious orgasm to Motivation :rofl-lol:

http://www.gunsnrose...31a53c1b82642ae

Hopefully someone with a lot of encoding experience can re-encode these to make them smaller. There are tons of 1080p movies on piratebay that come in at like 1.3 gb for a full movie... this film should be less than 2 gb.

for 1080P? No fucking way under 2gb. Most 1080p mkv files are around 5gb depending on duration if you want smaller your getting 720p or a bad encode with low bitrate. Then again what you want with pirate bay. Use a private tracker for real quality

Yes fucking way under 2 gb, go look at YIFY rips on piratebay. I used to be on demonoid but honestly TPB has way more and the quality is fine (if not better considering you think a 1080p movie requires 5 gbLOL)

whats the bitrate? Your taking a massive BR and ripping it down to 2gb you are now in very lossy format, does not suit me on my HD tv why not download xvid?

I go for quality not small size.

Edited by gunsguy

You dont need to download anything, all you need to do is go into my computer, right click on it and click format. NTFS is what you want

And on a Mac?

Hopefully someone with a lot of encoding experience can re-encode these to make them smaller. There are tons of 1080p movies on piratebay that come in at like 1.3 gb for a full movie... this film should be less than 2 gb.

for 1080P? No fucking way under 2gb. Most 1080p mkv files are around 5gb depending on duration if you want smaller your getting 720p or a bad encode with low bitrate. Then again what you want with pirate bay. Use a private tracker for real quality

Yes fucking way under 2 gb, go look at YIFY rips on piratebay. I used to be on demonoid but honestly TPB has way more and the quality is fine (if not better considering you think a 1080p movie requires 5 gbLOL)

whats the bitrate? Your taking a massive BR and ripping it down to 2gb you are now in very lossy format, does not suit me on my HD tv why not download xvid?

no it's not, go look at the rips. it's using the x264 codec. the relationship between quality and size isn't a static, constant thing. stop living 10 years ago.

no it's not, go look at the rips. it's using the x264 codec. the relationship between quality and size isn't a static, constant thing. stop living 10 years ago.

I see a bunch of 720p rips at a low bitrate. Makes you happy does not for me, I prefer constant quality, no pixels ever, and true blacks. It is what I prefer. 10 years ago? Wait so you will now tell me how a dvd has a better picture than a bluray right? or an xvid is the same quality as a dvd. The higher bitrate makes a larger file which makes it closer to the actual source, fact.

When you compress the bitrate down you get a smaller file, a side effect is you get lower quality.

What are you watching these rips on?

Give me something to compare, pick any ofne of his rips I will download it and get a higher quality version to show you the difference in mediainfo.

I know size matters to many who are on a limited download ISP. I am not mine is unlimited (if there is a limit they dont enforce it) so I prefer getting the best quality no matter the size

No matter what though when the compression is less, the file size will be larger and will be closer to the original in terms of quality.

Edited by gunsguy

^^ I said 1080p, not 720p. But yea, great job looking up the wrong thing to base your conclusion on. It's the x264 codec, which is BR compliant and is even used on some BR discs. Do some googling or look on Wikipedia, it's not that complicated. At any rate, you can keep filling up your disks with giant files encoded with 10 year old standards, think all the while that you're getting less pixels and true blacks LOL.

Basically you're arguing that 1gb of original msword files are better quality than a 100 mb rar file containing those same files.

Edited by nambis

I've fully watched about half the show now and it's really weird as far as Axl goes. His vocals throughout fit into a variety of categories: awesome, decent, tolerable, and awful. Some songs stay one way pretty much the whole time, but others go through changes. Rocket Queen starts rough but becomes decent by the end, even with "Mickey" in the house. Sweet Child is one I'd call tolerable, as Axl's never been particularly great at that live anyways. Aside from Axl being horribly off time near the end, Better is awesome, especially in the bridge.

An enjoyable watch/listen overall though.

^^ I said 1080p, not 720p. But yea, great job looking up the wrong thing to base your conclusion on. It's the x264 codec, which is BR compliant and is even used on some BR discs. Do some googling or look on Wikipedia, it's not that complicated. At any rate, you can keep filling up your disks with giant files encoded with 10 year old standards, think all the while that you're getting less pixels and true blacks LOL.

Basically you're arguing that 1gb of original msword files are better quality than a 100 mb rar file containing those same files.

Dude we are talking about video files, completely different than a word doc. Pick a file for me to watch

And on a Mac?

How many drives do you have?

And on a Mac?

I have no idea. Where would I find that? haha. I told you I am totally down syndrome with computers, haha

And on a Mac?

I have no idea. Where would I find that? haha. I told you I am totally down syndrome with computers, haha

Go on my computer, and look. It should be "C:", and if you have any other drives they will have letters. If C: is your only drive, then you can NOT format it to NTSF.

Obvious retard is obvious