Guns N' Roses Live at the O2 in London Discussion Thread

Alpachiris

I just realised I will NOT be able to watch the 23gb DL of 02. My HD is formatted to Fat32 therefor can only take files as big as 4 or 5 gig. Fuck! Any suggestions on how I can fix that? I am quite limited with my computer knowledge, so please be gentle.

You dont need to download anything, all you need to do is go into my computer, right click on it and click format. NTFS is what you want

And on a Mac?
Go to Disk Utility. Over there you can format any disk on HFS+ (Mac file format, which handles files over 4GB and its more reliable than NTFS, but in order to use it on Windows you will need to find a tool). If you want to format a external HDD on NTFS you need to do it on a Windows machine or download an utility for MacOSX.

BTW you can use any NTFS HDD in any MacOSX using Tuxera.

/kthxbai

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ I said 1080p, not 720p. But yea, great job looking up the wrong thing to base your conclusion on. It's the x264 codec, which is BR compliant and is even used on some BR discs. Do some googling or look on Wikipedia, it's not that complicated. At any rate, you can keep filling up your disks with giant files encoded with 10 year old standards, think all the while that you're getting less pixels and true blacks LOL.

Basically you're arguing that 1gb of original msword files are better quality than a 100 mb rar file containing those same files.

Dude we are talking about video files, completely different than a word doc. Pick a file for me to watch
No it's not, it's called file compression. I'm not going to continue arguing with you about it because frankly it's a waste of my time. I also despise you for the way you bullied me and everyone else on this forum for years - so there.

^^ I said 1080p, not 720p. But yea, great job looking up the wrong thing to base your conclusion on. It's the x264 codec, which is BR compliant and is even used on some BR discs. Do some googling or look on Wikipedia, it's not that complicated. At any rate, you can keep filling up your disks with giant files encoded with 10 year old standards, think all the while that you're getting less pixels and true blacks LOL.

Basically you're arguing that 1gb of original msword files are better quality than a 100 mb rar file containing those same files.

Dude we are talking about video files, completely different than a word doc. Pick a file for me to watch
No it's not, it's called file compression. I'm not going to continue arguing with you about it because frankly it's a waste of my time. I also despise you for the way you bullied me and everyone else on this forum for years - so there.

enjoy your dvd's then :)

I just realised I will NOT be able to watch the 23gb DL of 02. My HD is formatted to Fat32 therefor can only take files as big as 4 or 5 gig. Fuck! Any suggestions on how I can fix that? I am quite limited with my computer knowledge, so please be gentle.

You dont need to download anything, all you need to do is go into my computer, right click on it and click format. NTFS is what you want
And on a Mac?
Go to Disk Utility. Over there you can format any disk on HFS+ (Mac file format, which handles files over 4GB and its more reliable than NTFS, but in order to use it on Windows you will need to find a tool). If you want to format a external HDD on NTFS you need to do it on a Windows machine or download an utility for MacOSX.

BTW you can use any NTFS HDD in any MacOSX using Tuxera.

/kthxbai

Oh ok cool. Thanks heaps, mate. You've been a huge help.

Anyone know whether the part that Chris played after DC was audible at the show or not (like everything else he does [other than the Madagascar speech {btw they fucked up by not playing it at this show since we'd have a nice proshot of a great jam followed by a song which Axl actually manages to sing considerably good}])? I tried to find an audience recording of that but had no luck.

What do you guys think the best file is? I've downloaded most of the 1080p wowow 21gb version, and the quality looks epic. But i just had a listen to the youtube videos on my phone (which are from the original 720p 3gb file, right?) and it sounds a bit better to me somehow... Like more atmosphere or something? Could be the sound quality of my phone just mashing it all together or something, but what do you guys think?

That 3gb one also has the solos too, hmm....

I got both. Only reason I'm keeping the 720p version is the solos. I will probably never watch it, just want to have it. In the 1080p version the quality is brilliant obviously, and you get rid of the timer. And you still have the jams (another brick in the wall is awesome!!)

For everyone asking and wonder if is it worth to get the 1080i version. Lemme tell you: if you have enough HDD space and a FullHD TV GO AND GET IT!!! It's fucking marvelous! Video quality is beyond words, and the sound now is properly mixed with Stinson's bass and all guitars.

I'll be seeding that file just to help to everyone who wants to experience and live this awesome show.

For everyone asking and wonder if is it worth to get the 1080i version. Lemme tell you: if you have enough HDD space and a FullHD TV GO AND GET IT!!! It's fucking marvelous! Video quality is beyond words, and the sound now is properly mixed with Stinson's bass and all guitars.

I'll be seeding that file just to help to everyone who wants to experience and live this awesome show.

can you post a pic with the original res, no crop, resize, everything, on the same frame in each version pls? :)

can you post a pic with the original res, no crop, resize, everything, on the same frame in each version pls? :)

I will up 2 small video samples for you. 1 sample from the 720 and 1 from the 1080. Then you can compare them if you wish.

Screen shots never fully replicate the quality of the video.

Video samples: (if you have problems playing try http://www.videohelp.com/tools/PotPlayer a free player that IMHO is the best for HD files, I run it directly from computer via HDMI to LCD tv) this player never causes problems, I had used VLC for years but some of the high end HD files appeared jittery on it, pot player is perfect.

720 (36mb MKV sample)

http://www.mediafire.com/?tlqyieqvxi1wwjs

1080 ( 60mb MKV sample)

http://www.mediafire.com/?6603jr95aattcia

Here are the mediainfo specs for each full version:

Video

ID : 1

Format : AVC

Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec

Format profile : High@L3.1

Format settings, CABAC : Yes

Format settings, ReFrames : 1 frame

Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=60

Codec ID : avc1

Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding

Duration : 2h 44mn

Bit rate : 2 635 Kbps

Maximum bit rate : 6 895 Kbps

Width : 1 280 pixels

Height : 720 pixels

Display aspect ratio : 16:9

Frame rate mode : Constant

Frame rate : 25.000 fps

Color space : YUV

Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0

Bit depth : 8 bits

Scan type : Progressive

Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.114

Stream size : 3.02 GiB (93%)

Tagged date : UTC 2013-02-21 12:28:36

Audio

ID : 2

Format : AAC

Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec

Format profile : LC

Codec ID : 40

Duration : 2h 44mn

Bit rate mode : Variable

Bit rate : 192 Kbps

Maximum bit rate : 202 Kbps

Channel(s) : 2 channels

Channel positions : Front: L R

Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz

Compression mode : Lossy

Stream size : 225 MiB (7%)

Title : IsoMedia File Produced by Google, 5-11-2011

Encoded date : UTC 2013-02-21 12:25:26

Tagged date : UTC 2013-02-21 12:28:36

--------------------------------------------------

General

ID : 17488 (0x4450)

Complete name : D:\GUNS N ROSES BLURAY 2012 LONDON\gnr_20120531_london.ts

Format : MPEG-TS

File size : 21.6 GiB

Duration : 2h 20mn

Start time : UTC 2013-01-06 21:00:17

End time : UTC 2013-01-06 23:20:42

Overall bit rate mode : Variable

Overall bit rate : 22.0 Mbps

Network name : ‰BS Digital

Original network name : Astra 2

Video

ID : 576 (0x240)

Menu ID : 192 (0xC0)

Format : MPEG Video

Format version : Version 2

Format profile : Main@High

Format settings, BVOP : Yes

Format settings, Matrix : Custom

Format settings, GOP : M=3, N=15

Codec ID : 2

Bit rate mode : Variable

Bit rate : 20.7 Mbps

Maximum bit rate : 24.0 Mbps

Width : 1 920 pixels

Height : 1 080 pixels

Display aspect ratio : 16:9

Frame rate : 29.970 fps

Color space : YUV

Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0

Bit depth : 8 bits

Scan type : Interlaced

Scan order : Top Field First

Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.333

Stream size : 20.3 GiB (94%)

Color primaries : BT.709

Transfer characteristics : BT.709

Matrix coefficients : BT.709

Audio

ID : 577 (0x241)

Format : AAC

Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec

Format version : Version 2

Format profile : LC

Muxing mode : ADTS

Codec ID : 15

Bit rate mode : Constant / Variable / Variable

Bit rate : 192 Kbps

Minimum bit rate : 173 Kbps / 173 Kbps

Maximum bit rate : 265 Kbps / 265 Kbps

Channel(s) : 2 channels

Channel positions : Front: L R

Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz

Delay relative to video : -320ms

Stream size : 193 MiB (1%)

Menu

ID : 513 (0x201)

List : 326 (0x146) () / 576 (0x240) (MPEG Video) / 577 (0x241) (AAC) / 592 (0x250) ()

Service name : WOWOW|é¤Ö

Service provider : WOWOW

Service type : digital television

Hope this helps

Edited by gunsguy

Thanks GG! ur right with potplayer, i downloaded the 64bit version and 1080p videos dont lag as much as VLC. There's not much difference between versions, the 1080 one is still pixelated, is better but not too much (im on a 1080p monitor). well, thanks again gg, that samples are useful for everyone! :D

Thanks GG! ur right with potplayer, i downloaded the 64bit version and 1080p videos dont lag as much as VLC. There's not much difference between versions, the 1080 one is still pixelated, is better but not too much (im on a 1080p monitor). well, thanks again gg, that samples are useful for everyone! :D

For the average person I doubt downloading the 20gb is going to make much sense or difference really. It is a massive file and the quality is not much better. Plus the 720 is a complete with solos show :)

For the average person I doubt downloading the 20gb is going to make much sense or difference really. It is a massive file and the quality is not much better. Plus the 720 is a complete with solos show :)

im downloading the 20gb one, gonna take a look and then i'll delete lol its just too much