Axl's '12 clean vocals VS Myle's clean vocals

trqster

Since nowadays Axl seems to sing almost all the time with clean (no rasp) vocals I believe it's time for a fair comparison with Myles Kennedy's naturally clean voice, at the same song.

Which one sounds better at the same song - Axl or Myles?

Axl's band '12 SCOM

Slash's band '12 SCOM

Edited by trqster

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slash's amazing playing Sweet Child O' Mine. You spot the original one right away! it's that obvious! The way he plays is just unique.

As far as voices. You posted 2 videos that don't have equal kind of quality, so you can't really evaluate it, besides Axl is the original.. Original is always best!

Myles video has much lesser quality then the Axl one...

Even though i would prefer Axl any day. On this videos Myles sings it on Key, Axl doesn't and looks like he's dying for oxygen...

Edited by AndreCC

Myles definitely sings it better out of those 2 clips, i like the vocal lick he does on the "...and see an ounce of pain" at around 1.50.

To me, on average, Myles sings a lot of the old Guns stuff better than Axl nowadays. He's got more energy, more power and he obviously takes care of his voice.

For the record, Axl is my favourite singer/frontman of all time and I know Myles' voice can be a bit grating and he's certainly not a singer I would say I really like, but I'd rather him sing Guns stuff with a fresher, more powerful voice (With Slash playing his guitar parts) than Axl struggling and with the ol' Mickey Mouse/no rasp thing and have 2 players take turns in the SCOM solo for instance.

Myles is a lot more charismatic and humble towards the fans. He generates an awesome positive feeling live. When singing the new Slash songs, he's better than Axl's best performances nowadays but I still prefer to hear the old songs bu Axl.

I agree with AndreCC about the guitars. You can spot Slash's Sweet Child O' Mine style blindfolded. I have never heard a DJ version that I do like.

Vocals. To be honest,I didnt watch both all the way though. I will say this …does seem to be good vocals from Axl based on the first verse that I listened to. Could it be better,sure. Myles,hmmm. While its not bad…I just prefer Axl singing it. If it would sound like its suppose to. Which would be how he sang it yrs ago.

I hate the sound of MIles Kennedy's voice, so even if Axl sucks big time, I'll take Axl anyday, especially singing GNR songs.

No one can do justice to GNR songs except Axl.

Miles's voice sounds so fuckin whiney and he doesn't have the passion that Axl has!

He ruined the HOF by trying to perform GNR songs. I would have rather no one sang at all! It was just terrible and disrespectful to Axl Rose.

I hate the sound of MIles Kennedy's voice, so even if Axl sucks big time, I'll take Axl anyday, especially singing GNR songs.

Miles's voice sounds so fuckin whiney and he doesn't have the passion that Axl has!

He ruined the HOF by trying to perform GNR songs. I would have rather no one sang at all! It was just terrible and disrespectful to Axl Rose.

Your worship is fun to read, I'll give you that much.

There was no disrespect. You might have missed this, but your God failed to show up for the induction, so they had to pick somebody to fill in for him. Axl could have showed up and performed, but he - like always - cares more about the lawsuits and personal feuds than he does about his FANS.

I don't think it was disrespectful. Duff asked Myles to sing and he declined, Duff insisted and he finally accepted. When he was singing the songs right after the verses ended, he stepped back because he knew it wasn't "his" show, it was Duff, Matt, Steven, Slash and Gilby show as they were part of real Guns. If you don't like his voice when singing Gn'R tunes is one thing but the guy is a class A, he's really humble. Only stupid people deluded Axl fans would think otherwise.

I don't think it was disrespectful. Duff asked Myles to sing and he declined, Duff insisted and he finally accepted. When he was singing the songs right after the verses ended, he stepped back because he knew it wasn't "his" show, it was Duff, Matt, Steven, Slash and Gilby show as they were part of real Guns. If you don't like his voice when singing Gn'R tunes is one thing but the guy is a class A, he's really humble. Only stupid people deluded Axl fans would think otherwise.

He was very respectful. And that performance is the closest we will ever get apparently, so thank you Myles.

Your worship is fun to read, I'll give you that much.

There was no disrespect. You might have missed this, but your God failed to show up for the induction, so they had to pick somebody to fill in for him. Axl could have showed up and performed, but he - like always - cares more about the lawsuits and personal feuds than he does about his FANS.

there were no axl rose fans to watch him at the hof :)