VH1 Deletes Link to GNR Broadcast

jimb0

Because it's going to kill Axl's legacy.

He's going to keep getting weaker and more out of shape.

I'd rather he get back in shape, do one final send-off, then end GNR on a high note.

This band's only going to become sadder and more pathetic as the years march on.

I remember showing Rock in Rio III to my friends and getting laughed at back in the day. They like Axl's old voice - anything less and he shouldn't be out there embarrassing himself.

Holy crap, could you be any more dramatic? Axl has always been inconsistent live. Should he have retired back in 1991? Or 1989 maybe?

Why would he have retired in his prime?

Sure he had off nights back in the day, but his voice has been inconsistent for 2 fucking years. Maybe he should do something about that.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if Team Brazil saying "you sound great!" to Axl every night was about to backfire on them with the mainstream seeing how bad he sounds now.

It would expose them as Yes Men.

We can't have that, now can we?

You have an overactive imagination.

The reality is, Axl's voice is awful and his management still puts him out there to perform.

That's not fair to him or the fans. Something's gotta give.

When was the last time you caught a show? The last one I was at, people seemed to think his voice was pretty damn good.

It's different at a concert. You get caught up in the moment and the excitement. The last time I saw them in 2011 I thought Axl sounded OK. Then I watched the Youtube vids of the same show and was surprised at how bad he sounded. This is amplified when your sitting on your couch watching this show on VH1. It was horrible. If my wife is any kind of a representative of the general public, then her comment after about 30 seconds of a song was "Axl can't sing anymore."

I wonder if Team Brazil saying "you sound great!" to Axl every night was about to backfire on them with the mainstream seeing how bad he sounds now.

The reality is, Axl's voice is awful and his management still puts him out there to perform.

When was the last time you caught a show? The last one I was at, people seemed to think his voice was pretty damn good.

It's different at a concert. You get caught up in the moment and the excitement. The last time I saw them in 2011 I thought Axl sounded OK. Then I watched the Youtube vids of the same show and was surprised at how bad he sounded. This is amplified when your sitting on your couch watching this show on VH1. It was horrible. If my wife is any kind of a representative of the general public, then her comment after about 30 seconds of a song was "Axl can't sing anymore."

my wife said the exact same thing. Its funny, because there are shows out there (even when we seen them in youngstown) that he sounded really tight. That show this past saturday sounded bad. People need to take off the fan colored glasses and listen

I agree, but only to a point. I've seen GN'R 8 times now... in Vegas, twice in a row.. I don't really get "caught up" so much anymore. I know what Axl sounds like when he sounds bad and I'm objective enough to admit when he does; but the last two nights at Vegas he sounded really good. The first few shows, yeah, he didn't sound great; but suggesting that he should retire because his voice is "awful"? Give me a break... he's a long way off that.

That's your opinion. I think he sounds fine. Ive heard him sound better. Ive heard him sound worse back in the day. Id love to go see them again if they come to LA. So that's why his management is sending him out there which is a joke because he's the one calling the shots. He says book me a tour and they do it. There are plenty of people that still want to see GnR. Id rather aee GnR on Axl's worst day than any other band on their best day. It's a fun show that is about way more than a vocal performance. Axl puts on a great show. The band is awesome. The music fuckin rocks. I hope he tours another 20 years new music or not. Edited by tr420

I agree, but only to a point. I've seen GN'R 8 times now... in Vegas, twice in a row.. I don't really get "caught up" so much anymore. I know what Axl sounds like when he sounds bad and I'm objective enough to admit when he does; but the last two nights at Vegas he sounded really good. The first few shows, yeah, he didn't sound great; but suggesting that he should retire because his voice is "awful"? Give me a break... he's a long way off that.

Link me some videos where he sounds good at Vegas.

Guns N' Roses is a product they're trying to sell, with a new image. If I ever want to promote my product I would never pick a sub-par performance, I would go and choose the best one, from this current line-up. That's marketing 101.

I completely agree. They should put out the best of the 2010 London shows.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Right, I don't get pumped up like I did when I was 16 for a show but it's not like going to a funeral either. I get to hang with my buddies and have a few pre-show beers so that what I meant by caught up in the moment. No, he doesn't need to retire, he needs to get off of his ass and practice on some consistent basis. Failure to prepare is preparing to fail.

You link to a song where he's practically speaking the whole thing, and the second one is poor quality and his weak Mickey Mouse voice.

Yeah cool.

It was better that way. This cancellation avoided a weak performance by Axl of being broadcasted on TV one more time... We really don't need to pass through what we passed with Rio 2011 again, we already have the concert in 1080p, this broadcast would just worsen Axl's image

After the 2002 VMA performance, Rock in Rio and Bridge School they need to put out something that is really good. And to put out something really good they need to go back and sift through the 2010 shows. Freddie Mercury's Ghost is getting a lot of shit in here, but he's speaking for the general public.

Just release the 2010 London O2... Same venue, same band, better performance

band performance is the same, its axl the one that is different, just an example of how important is axl's performance, it can chance the whole song

Edited by ignaliza

I don't understand the argument here. Axl's vocals in this show clearly don't live up to the standards the general public has for him. KEEP IN MIND -- the public doesn't cupcake the forums like most people here do. They only see what's presented to them on TV. They don't drool and whine over EVERY. SINGLE. SHOW. THE. BAND. PLAYS. They don't watch ENDLESS youtube videos of EVERY performance. For almost every other person in America, especially anyone born after 1980, they saw 2002, then they saw every terrible picture the tabloids have shown, and that's it. You guys really gotta get out of this bubble.

Just release the 2010 London O2... Same venue, same band, better performance

band performance is the same, its axl the one that is different, just an example of how important is axl's performance, it can chance the whole song

That's why i said "Same band"...

And i was watchin the O2 2010 and damn... even Paradise City sounded epic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHivlQAOKQc

Edited by rendestroi95