VH1 Deletes Link to GNR Broadcast

jimb0

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was willing to believe that several managers in a row were angling for a reunion, and that once Beta and company took over then things might change for the better.

But we know that isn't true.

They cheer him on when he gets batshit crazy and does stupid shit like this.

They work hard to keep him in a state of constant paranoia and delusion because it solidifies their hold on the band as they have him convinced they are the only ones he can trust and only they know what is good for him.

The man needs real help, and not the kind being provided by "Team Brazil".

I wonder if Team Brazil saying "you sound great!" to Axl every night was about to backfire on them with the mainstream seeing how bad he sounds now.

It would expose them as Yes Men.

We can't have that, now can we?

You have an overactive imagination.

I wonder if Team Brazil saying "you sound great!" to Axl every night was about to backfire on them with the mainstream seeing how bad he sounds now.

The reality is, Axl's voice is awful and his management still puts him out there to perform.

That's not fair to him or the fans. Something's gotta give.

The reality is, Axl's voice is awful and his management still puts him out there to perform.

Oh please! You cant blame Axl's management team for promoting the band. What they suppose to do, sit Axl Rose down and say "listen honey, we'd prefer to pull some shows in because the folks at mygnr prefer your 2010 voice"

When was the last time you caught a show? The last one I was at, people seemed to think his voice was pretty damn good.

Exactly, really awful voice. I don't even understand how they thought this was a good idea.

Anyone know what happened on Twitter with the hashtag #AppetiteForReunion? I just read about this.

Could be the result of Axl having actually watched the broadcast. "Wait, that's what I sound like!?!?"

More seriously, I wonder if there was fallout from the previous VH1 broadcast having very little new GNR material included.

IMO, it wasn't that great of a broadcast. Besides Axl sounding not great, the directing and choice of edits were poorly done. Far too many quick edits, poorly focused shots, and I miss the sweeping shots that were in the 2006 Rock AM Ring performance. Watching the Germany performance from six/seven years ago demonstrates what I'm talking about.

Edited by downzy

Could be the result of Axl having actually watched the broadcast. "Wait, that's what I sound like!?!?"

I wonder if there was fallout from the previous VH1 broadcast having very little new GNR material included.

IMO, it wasn't that great of a broadcast. Besides Axl sounding not great, the directing and choice of edits were poorly done. Far too many quick edits, poorly focused shots, and I miss the sweeping shots that were in the 2006 Rock AM Ring performance. Watching the Germany performance from six/seven years ago demonstrates what I'm talking about.

Some good points made here!