Will Guns n Roses have one last moment of glory? Do you believe? Are you one of the faithful?

saber_

Guns fans are usually divided into one of two categories. Those that should get off his back and those that should get off his dick.

You left out the category which would be the majority,that hear GNR are coming to town,go to the concert,hopefully enjoy the show,go home, and that's about the extent of the thought they have of it.It will be the fans that pretty much fill the shows in Australia, for example. Edited by cbgnr

Guns fans are usually divided into one of two categories. Those that should get off his back and those that should get off his dick.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post of the year, right here! ^_^

Edited by username

You left out the category which would be the majority,that hear GNR are coming to town,go to the concert,hopefully enjoy the show,go home, and that's about the extent of the thought they have of it.It will be the fans that pretty much fill the shows in Australia, for example.

I should have said internet forum Guns fans, you are correct.

I think if Axl and Beta want it to happen.........it will happen.

He is still one of the greatest rock singers in the business. The current band puts on a great live show. He still has the power of the GnR name on his side (for branding, marketing and ticket sales).

If those two wanted GnR to be "big" again, they could easily do it. Just by playing the game that all other rock bands play for the next 6-7 years.

The talent and skill are there. It just depends on if the desire is from Axl and Beta. It seems like the current band members would love for this to happen.

2013: Put out an EP asap. One side is the four best remaining CD songs (general, soulmonster, checkmate, thyme), the other side is acoustic versions of Catcher, TWAT, Better and SOD. Shoot a couple videos.

2014: New album, featuring material by the current band. Shoot a couple videos.

2015: DVD featuring band backstage footage, a documentary of the band.

2016: Live album, really featuring the band's material from CD and CD2

2017: New album, featuring music by the current band.

2020: Release Axl's autobiography.

2020: Release new album

Play some awards shows.

Have Axl do some press - Rolling Stone, Playboy, VH1, Letterman, Stern, a few high profile interviews. Just 5-6 a year.

In all honestly, GnR will be as big as Axl/Beta want them to be.

If they just want to tour the old stuff - that's what they'll do.

If they want GNR to become huge again - Axl has the skills and talent to accomplish that as well.

I 100% think they could be huge.

He is still one of the greatest rock singers in the business. The current band puts on a great live show. He still has the power of the GnR name on his side (for branding, marketing and ticket sales).

If those two wanted GnR to be "big" again, they could easily do it. Just by playing the game that all other rock bands play for the next 6-7 years.

The talent and skill are there. It just depends on if the desire is from Axl and Beta. It seems like the current band members would love for this to happen.

2013: Put out an EP asap. One side is the four best remaining CD songs (general, soulmonster, checkmate, thyme), the other side is acoustic versions of Catcher, TWAT, Better and SOD. Shoot a couple videos.

Play some awards shows.

Have Axl do some press - Rolling Stone, Playboy, VH1, Letterman, Stern, a few high profile interviews. Just 5-6 a year.

If they want GNR to become huge again - Axl has the skills and talent to accomplish that as well.

This. Except if they release an EP this year, it's more likely to get an album by 2015. Release the live album and DVD in 2016. That'd be perfect.

Play some awards shows.

Overall, yes. Good plan. But the end result would still greatly depend on the quality and reception of those albums. And the quality of the live shows and particularly Axl's voice. Also, how do we define moment of glory? This isn't 1987 anymore. They're not going to be as big and popular as they were ever again. Not because of GnR. But because the music industry and the times changed too much. Accomplishing that for a second time would be like lightning striking the same place twice. So we do need to be realistic about what a "moment of glory" would be.

Play some awards shows.

Overall, yes. Good plan. But the end result would still greatly depend on the quality and reception of those albums. And the quality of the live shows and particularly Axl's voice. Also, how do we define moment of glory? This isn't 1987 anymore. They're not going to be as big and popular as they were ever again. Not because of GnR. But because the music industry and the times changed too much. Accomplishing that for a second time would be like lightning striking the same place twice. So we do need to be realistic about what a "moment of glory" would be.

Good plan indeed. But by 2020 and by his past history Axl will have swapped another couple of lineups. So the material recorded before the new lineups will be of no use anymore.

Edited by izzydoezit

Play some awards shows.

Overall, yes. Good plan. But the end result would still greatly depend on the quality and reception of those albums. And the quality of the live shows and particularly Axl's voice. Also, how do we define moment of glory? This isn't 1987 anymore. They're not going to be as big and popular as they were ever again. Not because of GnR. But because the music industry and the times changed too much. Accomplishing that for a second time would be like lightning striking the same place twice. So we do need to be realistic about what a "moment of glory" would

be.

Good post. Guns could still do some great stuff but the glory days are long gone. I often wonder if we will ever see a band like GNR again?

Probably not, I think the age of the internet has changes things too much, less mystique and too much diversity of stuff for kids to get into to create anything quite as super huge. Ironically Justin Bieber is probably as close as it gets these days.

It's entirely up to Axl - I don't think it's impossible that if they were to put out one great album, or even a couple of great singles, they could have one last 15 minutes of fame....obviously never as big as they were, but they're capable of more than endless touring that nobody outside of the hardcore fan base even knows about.

I think everything Groghan said would be awesome. I'd prefer a full album of CD material along with a rerelease of CD.

Even if "Axl and Beta" want it to happen the record company has to also. It would really be awesome if Axl could get out of whatever contract he's got with UMG and release music on his own. Im pretty sure we'd all be a lot happier with GnR if this could happen. Sometimes I wonder if they are touring to raise money to buy themselves out of the contract. Probably not though. L

Edited by tr420

At the end of the day, Axl and Beta just need to release music.

This is a band, after all. Full of musicians who want to release music. There are millions of Axl fans who will buy anything he puts out.

I think Axl still has it in him, and he has a band that is chomping at the bit to give it a shot.

I do realize though that each album would have to have a couple mainstream rock hits. And maybe I'm not the best to judge, as I'm still amazed that Better and SOD weren't bigger hits. If I would have previewed this album before its release, I would have predicted 7-8 million copies sold and that Better/SOD/Shacklers/Catcher would have all been top 10 rock hits. And that it would have been very similar to Illusions with a ton of singles released that all did fairly well. TBH, I'd be thrilled beyond belief is the rumored Trilogy featured two more albums that were the same exact quality in terms of strength of songs as CD was.

I think we'll get a new album eventually.

Why? Because they keep talking about it. If there was never going to be another album by GN'R, than I think Axl would come out and say it point blank. There's no reason to put forth false promises and hope when you know for sure nothing is going to happen. I think we'll get a new album, when is the question. And what kind of material. But I think we'll hear new music someday. Maybe this year, next year, 2015. I don't see Axl letting his vault build up dust.

Axl said the possibility of there being new music this year is a "definite maybe." If it wasn't going to happen, for sure, than Axl would have said no.

Lets face it. Too much time has passed. This all should have started in 2001/02. They had one shot with CD to get people to really listen and the release of it was fucked up in every way possible. A radio station from NY, wbab posted the news story of Axl's interview on facebook today and said.. Axl says GnR may release new music in 2013 but do we care? Most people commented in a negative way. Wbab actually played CD stuff for a minute and said it was good. Now they were saying its not. People were open to CD a little when it came out. Next one will be completely ignored. The good reviews of CD are forgotten. Only the negative thoughts remain. Axl can put out great music.... he can tour and do well.... gnr fans will like it... but one last moment of glory? Not likely. Not by what you probably mean by moment of glory. Not without a reunion anyway. Then they will fill stadiums. Ill take the nu gnr shows at HOB over Giants Stadium.

Edited by tr420

I wish I could say that GNR will make a huge comeback like Aerosmith, or that Axl could have a solo career similar to Roger Waters or Ozzy. However, Axl bein Axl, I think he's pretty much finished. He will continue touring to smaller and smaller crowds until he retires and sits in his house every day until death.

Yeah, I kinda do actually.

People harp on and on about a never-ending tour; but I wonder what some of those people would think if they were here in 2003 or 2004.... when until 2006 we had almost nothing. Zip. Nada. Nothing. The fact that we have a regular stream of interviews and other news now is awesome in light of that.

GN'R seemed to be a completely dormant band with nothing going on for the longest time, but we still waited. Now that period is over, and I think Axl's just enjoying touring so much that he's just continued on doing it.

He spent over a decade in a recording studio and it obviously didn't serve him particularly well. It's almost like he's making up for the lost time; and he's finally out there doing something, having a great time in a band that's highly regarded as one of the best live acts in the world, as late as last year.

I think Axl does things on Axl's own time. When he's ready, he'll make another album... and I really do think it could be something special. That moment of "glory". We'd all love to see and hear new material, but the reality is that there's no point going to the studio and sitting there unless you feel like you have something to write. Maybe Axl just doesn't right now. I'd rather see GN'R touring than go back into hiding again.. but that's just me.

Axl said this just over 10 years ago... and for me, it's still pretty relevant today:

"If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen, you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does, you might get something that works for you — in the end you could win on this either way. But if you're really into waiting, try holding your breath for Jesus 'cause I hear the payoff may be that much greater."