Corey Taylor Speaking about Axl and NuGNR

biggestgunsfan

Not just any Corey Taylor, but "The" Corey Taylor.

http://thecoreytaylor.com/news_item&NewsID=3765647584781

People want to hear road stories, so he gives them road stories, and because Axl's known for being eccentric and tempermental, makes for a good story. At least he throws on an acoustic and performs some songs, Jello Biafra and Henry Rollins can go 3-4 hours of talking, and people at some point will usually get up and leave because it's midweek. Scott Ian's the latest to take part in raconteuring and reminiscing.

I don't see why Axl can't make some extra scratch doing these types of shows, even if he doesn't have a Q&A in there.

Edited by dalsh327

I don't see why Axl can't make some extra scratch doing these types of shows, even if he doesn't have a Q&A in there.

I guess due to words like the following at every show he plays: "fuck you Axl" "You suck" "where's Slash" "you ruined the band". But what do I know.

What a lame pile of shit. Cory is entitled to spew whatever garbage he'd like about Axl, but the fact still remains: like Motley Crue, he's made a career out of ripping off other bands. Slipknot, from the beginning, did nothing but take everything about numetal music, and play it up tenfold. Absolutely no originality whatsoever.

If you go listen to their crappy debut "Mate. Feed. Kill. Repeat." You'd know how very wrong you are, granted Corey isn't on the album but it has fucking jazz (among other styles) breaks in it. Not copied from anyone in Nu-Metal. If they have copied anyone it's Sepultura and not any Nu-Metal bands...

People see things as they want ...

Granted, but the way you call him a an hired hand of "new slipknot" and "new stone sour" is just ignorant. He founded Stone Sour way before he even joined Slipknot and he pretty much forced an original member of Slipknot (drummer Joey Jordison) out of the band just a couple of months ago.

He's an asshole but right now, a year after his talking tour he's making the lot of you look like assholes too.

Why in the nine hells was this old shit brought back up from the grave?

You just felt like spewing out some hate and garbage on Corey Taylor? Why?

I only have the timestamps from this thread to go by and as such it looks like the user Black Sabbath just randomly popped up a thread from one year ago to bust out some hate on someone not in anyway relevant to gnr.

Please help me understand - what the fuck is going on in here. We are going on 3+ pages of mulling over old, tired shit, that was already old and tired shit one year ago when this thing actually happened.

What a sad fucking state of affairs we are now in.

:huh:

I heard Stone Sour on the radio the other day, my god was it awful. The new Slipknot stuff sounds exactly like Stone Sour too, so glad Corey Taylor did not join Velvet Revolver. The Slash haters would have had some very legitimate ammo...

I heard Stone Sour on the radio the other day, my god was it awful. The new Slipknot stuff sounds exactly like Stone Sour too, so glad Corey Taylor did not join Velvet Revolver. The Slash haters would have had some very legitimate ammo...

It was Slash who didn't want him? he made the right choice. It's a generic rock dude with a reasonable success and that's pretty much it. I can't think of a classic song written by Corey Taylor.

Besides, i hear Corey and i see this guy :

CoreyFeldman.jpg

People say what they see... whether you want to agree or not, there's a helluva lot more people out there who probably see it the same as Corey, just deal with it move on and let them be, your wee Slipknot timeline isn't gonna change one little thing apart from making you out to be desperate to show that Corey doesn't have the right to comment on the great Axl Rose... well he does, and did, and nothing can change that.

And people see what they want ... same shit.

Anyway, where did i said that i agree, or not, with Corey?

It's not about the substance of his opinion ... opinions are like assholes, everyone has the right to have one.

But, you don't need to show you asshole to everybody. especially if if your opinion (in)consists of criticizing someone about a matter in respect of which your own history does not testify in your favor.

You may not have said whether you agreed or disagreed with him, but you pulled out a stupid timeline to in some way show that Coreys opinion is irrelevant because he joined Slipknot a year or 2 after they formed yet before they released the album that broke them into the mainstream.

and you're final point, again, Axl has regularly ranted about people and the fans lap it up, I've seen posts from people looking forward to his next rant, or 'what is your favourite rant from Axl'.. Just saying that Axls history hardly does him any favours yet he does it and people lap it up, so don't try make out like Coreys opinion is any less relevant - at the end of the day it's a guy in a band that has an opinion or a story about another band, Coreys opinion/story is as valid as Axls and just because you don't like what he said don't try to degrade his career, he's done alot more than Axl has in the last 15 years.

Sorry, but you missed it again ...

As you can see at my first post, i don't even consider it a like a "rant" ... that's just stupidity, trying to bash and make fun about another singer, for no reason, just for free, just to entertain the audience. What did Axl wrong to Corey? As far as i know, Axl's rants are usually about specific people who made something against him or against GN'R.

And i'm not trying to degrade Corey's career ... the truth is the guy supports his speach about GN'R not having the original lineup anymore, and he is in two bands that also changed their lineups over time.

You can try to argue harder, but ... this is not my opinion ... this is a fact.

I'm not gonna "Mr." you just because you are a moderator here, and I don't think my response, given in all open honesty, warrants your power tripping eye rolls treatment.

That's quite the post edit compared to what you had posted before you changed it.

I wanted to put up a fresh posting, wasn't supposed to overwrite what I had there earlier.

So he tea bagged Axl's piano....LOL. Wonder if Axl is pouting now?

Ha, I wouldn't put it past him to have made that story up just for a shot at extra attention. I've heard this guy in multiple interviews (including one on Coast to Coast AM talking about ghosts/spirits n' shit) and he's honestly not very bright sounding. Seems like he was just in the right place at the right time to have hit it big. If Slipknot never existed, corporate rock would have manufactured one in their place.

*shrug* I thought it was funny. And while he may not have been chosen for VR, didn't I see that he was singing with KOC? Perhaps Slash didn't think his sound was right for VR, not that he lacked talent. I swear, people here just attack everybody.

:hug:

Axl is my favorite rock singer of all time. But I can't even fathom basing everything I like or dislike on how it pertains to him. So another rock singer said something negative about my favorite singer? Who cares. These guys aren't friends of mine. They aren't family members. Why would any of us give a crap what these two guys think about each other? It's interesting to see what peers have to say about each other - for sure. I get that. But for a "fan" to get mad about it and then go on rants about how evil and horrible one of them is? It's childish and idiotic. Especially when you know that if Taylor had praised Axl and said how awesome he was.......the posts in this topic would be 100% different. "Oh, I always liked and respected Corey. Cool to see he loves Axl too."

• Like 1

*shrug* I thought it was funny. And while he may not have been chosen for VR, didn't I see that he was singing with KOC? Perhaps Slash didn't think his sound was right for VR, not that he lacked talent. I swear, people here just attack everybody.

:hug:

Axl is my favorite rock singer of all time. But I can't even fathom basing everything I like or dislike on how it pertains to him. So another rock singer said something negative about my favorite singer? Who cares. These guys aren't friends of mine. They aren't family members. Why would any of us give a crap what these two guys think about each other? It's interesting to see what peers have to say about each other - for sure. I get that. But for a "fan" to get mad about it and then go on rants about how evil and horrible one of them is? It's childish and idiotic. Especially when you know that if Taylor had praised Axl and said how awesome he was.......the posts in this topic would be 100% different. "Oh, I always liked and respected Corey. Cool to see he loves Axl too."

Agree 100%.

So he tea bagged Axl's piano....LOL. Wonder if Axl is pouting now?

Ha, I wouldn't put it past him to have made that story up just for a shot at extra attention. I've heard this guy in multiple interviews (including one on Coast to Coast AM talking about ghosts/spirits n' shit) and he's honestly not very bright sounding. Seems like he was just in the right place at the right time to have hit it big. If Slipknot never existed, corporate rock would have manufactured one in their place.

Yeah never did like Taylor or his band. He seems like a douche.

Since Corey said something about Axl, you are bashing him. You and others in this thread have repeatedly ranted about how evil and horrible Corey is. If Corey said something nice about Axl, you would be praising him.

Edited by saber_

Since Corey said something about Axl, you are bashing him. You and others in this thread have repeatedly ranted about how evil and horrible Corey is. If Corey said something nice about Axl, you would be praising him.

Popcorn is that really you??

It was Slash who didn't want him? he made the right choice. It's a generic rock dude with a reasonable success and that's pretty much it. I can't think of a classic song written by Corey Taylor.

Besides, i hear Corey and i see this guy :

CoreyFeldman.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR4HNceT61I

I never really considered myself a Slipknot fan but this album rules pretty hard if you're into heavier music, probably the best thing Corey Taylor has been a part of.

Popcorn is that really you??

I'm just making fun of the sheer lunacy of what a certain anti-nutter said earlier in the thread. Snowmass, of all people, isn't an Axl fanboy. And yet here he is, stating the obvious about Corey Taylor.

It kinda destroys the "logic" of why some folks are criticizing Corey Taylor.

• Like 1

People say what they see... whether you want to agree or not, there's a helluva lot more people out there who probably see it the same as Corey, just deal with it move on and let them be, your wee Slipknot timeline isn't gonna change one little thing apart from making you out to be desperate to show that Corey doesn't have the right to comment on the great Axl Rose... well he does, and did, and nothing can change that.

And people see what they want ... same shit.

Anyway, where did i said that i agree, or not, with Corey?

It's not about the substance of his opinion ... opinions are like assholes, everyone has the right to have one.

But, you don't need to show you asshole to everybody. especially if if your opinion (in)consists of criticizing someone about a matter in respect of which your own history does not testify in your favor.

You may not have said whether you agreed or disagreed with him, but you pulled out a stupid timeline to in some way show that Coreys opinion is irrelevant because he joined Slipknot a year or 2 after they formed yet before they released the album that broke them into the mainstream.

and you're final point, again, Axl has regularly ranted about people and the fans lap it up, I've seen posts from people looking forward to his next rant, or 'what is your favourite rant from Axl'.. Just saying that Axls history hardly does him any favours yet he does it and people lap it up, so don't try make out like Coreys opinion is any less relevant - at the end of the day it's a guy in a band that has an opinion or a story about another band, Coreys opinion/story is as valid as Axls and just because you don't like what he said don't try to degrade his career, he's done alot more than Axl has in the last 15 years.

Sorry, but you missed it again ...

As you can see at my first post, i don't even consider it a like a "rant" ... that's just stupidity, trying to bash and make fun about another singer, for no reason, just for free, just to entertain the audience. What did Axl wrong to Corey? As far as i know, Axl's rants are usually about specific people who made something against him or against GN'R.

And i'm not trying to degrade Corey's career ... the truth is the guy supports his speach about GN'R not having the original lineup anymore, and he is in two bands that also changed their lineups over time.

You can try to argue harder, but ... this is not my opinion ... this is a fact.

I will argue this, whether or not you said it was a rant, it's a singer in a rock band telling a story relating to his GNR experience, and just because it wasn't entirely positive then people are so quick to slate him, and your silly timeline annoyed me - yes Slipknot may have had a couple of lineup changes, mainly before they were in the mainstream or after a member died, the core members of the group stayed within that band for a long period and released albums and toured those albums - with Stone Sour again the majority of the band stayed together, they took an extended 'hiatus' when Corey and Slipknot were at their peak, no problems with that, so I see no similarities to comparing Corey and Slipknot to Axl and GNR - however if you do want to compare this link will help - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Guns_N%27_Roses_band_members

And in regard to people only ranting/talking about people who may have done him wrong... I'm not 100% sure about that.....

Here you have ...

yes Slipknot may have had a couple of lineup changes, mainly before they were in the mainstream or after a member died, the core members of the group stayed within that band for a long period and released albums and toured those albums - with Stone Sour again the majority of the band stayed together

^^^ Excuses, excuses, excuses :)

so I see no similarities to comparing Corey and Slipknot to Axl and GNR

^^^As i told you before ... people only see what they want to see :)

And in regard to people only ranting/talking about people who may have done him wrong... I'm not 100% sure about that.....

Me neither :P

Anyway ... i got your point ...

Peace n' popcorns :popcorn:

Here you have ...

yes Slipknot may have had a couple of lineup changes, mainly before they were in the mainstream or after a member died, the core members of the group stayed within that band for a long period and released albums and toured those albums - with Stone Sour again the majority of the band stayed together

^^^ Excuses, excuses, excuses :)

so I see no similarities to comparing Corey and Slipknot to Axl and GNR

^^^As i told you before ... people only see what they want to see :)

Me neither :P

Anyway ... i got your point ...

Peace n' popcorns :popcorn:

First point wasn't really excuses, Slipknot had a far more settled lineup for near 10 years until a member died...??

anyway, lets leave it at that, there's some cancellations happening that are possibly more important that what Corey said over a year ago :):popcorn::bucket: