Corey Taylor Speaking about Axl and NuGNR

biggestgunsfan

It's always the popular thing for musicians and comedians and celebrities to come out and hate on Axl and GNR, it's almost like they'll be ridiculed out of town if they don't. It's such a tired cliche by now. It's VERY rare that you ever see someone giving out a positive word, maybe Lars and M.Shadows, but that's it. Yet 95% of them would be utterly star struck if they ever came face to face with the guy. To be honest, the people in his audience were more annoying than he was...

• 1 year later...

All he's doing is re-hashing what NuBand haters say all the time :shrugs: And I don't particularly agree with what he's saying (thought he's talking about 2002, which we know things are a lot better nowadays for the most part - I guess), I also don't take anything he's saying with any grain of salt because if I don't care for you or any of your shit music, your opinion isn't any more valid than another fan who disagrees with me.

He thinks Axl is going to break into Estranged when he sits down at the piano? Is he stupid? And god forbid Axl plays a piano intro before November Rain :lol:

I mean really, he's just describing the "worst" or "out of the ordinary" bits of a 2002 Gn'R show to a group of people who probably have never seen them and who's opinion on music and artists consists of 90% of the advertised bands on Blabbermouth. I could do the same thing about a Slipknot concert and have people cracking up the whole time too.

And you pulled your dick and balls out and rubbed it all over Axl's piano? Wow. :rolleyes:

Let's see where Corey Taylor is in 15 years. People will still probably care about Axl more than they ever will for Corey Taylor.

Dude is a tool.

• Like 1

Black Sabbath doesn't know it, but I literally saw him receive his party pass at Brooklyn Bowl. And I saw what he had to do with DJ to seal the deal. Not cool, man.

Didn't they take his pass away for that article that was published ;)

Black Sabbath doesn't know it, but I literally saw him receive his party pass at Brooklyn Bowl. And I saw what he had to do with DJ to seal the deal. Not cool, man.

Didn't they take his pass away for that article that was published ;)

Hence the DJ incident. I'll leave it at that.

So HV locked the thread so BS bumped the original from a year ago so he could have his rant???

Just noticed that's how it looks! :lol:

No. HV moved posts from the locked thread to this one, but those posts were since then hidden and it looks like my post was the one to bump the thread.

• Like 1

So HV locked the thread so BS bumped the original from a year ago so he could have his rant???

Just noticed that's how it looks! :lol:

No. HV moved posts from the locked thread to this one, but those posts were since then hidden and it looks like my post was the one to bump the thread.

#covertmods

• Like 1

Jesus Christ. Who cares. He talked some shit about Axl. It was moderately funny. Get the fuck over it.

AND IT'S OLD

But it's Party Pass time.

There would be a lot more of you banned if our moderation had anything to do with us getting "party passes" :lol:

Interesting...

Please elaborate. What kind of directives have they given you guys?

(it's old but relevant to Corey's tendency to trash talk, and now he gets PAID to talk like Jello and Henry).

GWAR's Odorous Urungous (a.k.a. Dave Brockie) has slammed SLIPKNOT frontman Corey Taylor over the latter's recent vow that he will never allow SLIPKNOT to "hang out after we have lost our relevance… I got one fucking word for you: GWAR. I will never do that, and I would never let that happen to a band I bled and almost went blind in one eye for, not to mention nearly losing my voice and losing the ability to sing."

Dave's response -

"Well, Corey, if I may retort, I feel you would be better served keeping your whining trap shut. Every time I read anything you say it is some piss-assed sulky BULLSHIT about how somebody had a fake laminate or how hot your overalls are or how you almost went blind over your band, didn't talk to each other for years or whatever. WAAAAAHHH! Grow up you big baby! We don't care about your rock 'n' roll soap opera, and your self-indulgent hissy-fits dilute and distract from the alleged potency of 'the 'KNOT'.

Take a page from DEVO or GWAR and stick with the characters and the image they create. They are much more interesting than you are (which isn't saying much).

But how could I doubt someone who has created 'two of the best albums of all time'. I guess you are also the guy who decides who makes the best cheesesteaks or serves the 'greatest slice in town'.

My point is that self-annointed praise is bullshit! You are always going on about how great you are — cut it out! Do you think you're Muhammed Ali or what? I can just imagine your embarrassed bandmates eyes rolling behind their masks, as you launch into yet another long-winded and ultimately asinine tirade, the delivery of which has unfortunately become your trademark. No wonder they don't talk to you.

And please stop saying 'the KNOT', it sounds stupid, like 'the Nuge', or 'the MAIDEN'. And as far as relevance is concerned, I have one word for you — GWAR. The mere fact that you would link relevance with a word that means nothing underscores your moronic observations as actually being retarded. If you don't believe me, look up GWAR in the dictionary.

Cultural events have relevance far longer than their actual occurrence, which means that even your crummy band will have relevance long after you break up, which will hopefully be soon. And GWAR will still be there, leading the insulting reverie, a festering stool on the doorstep of the music industry, unmarred and eternally stinky. It delights me no end that you think GWAR sucks. Maybe you can whine about it some more and we can get some free publicity. You are just too funny. A ninny placed on a podium is a ninny nonetheless. It's too bad that your band is 'eating itself'. You should eat a bowl of dick, maybe that would help.

Long after 'the KNOT' has been reduced to a series of protracted legal battles, GWAR will remain an indelible blot on the fabric of our lives, and I will remain a dedicated, obscure, and in my own manner, relevant artist. People will eternally remember you as the scary clowns who had the lead-singer that whined like a little bitch every time he got in print. Maybe you'll think GWAR is relevant when Oderus rams his scaly cock up your ass, that is if you can stop orgasming for five seconds."

(Ultimate Metal)

• Like 2

Jesus Christ. Who cares. He talked some shit about Axl. It was moderately funny. Get the fuck over it.

AND IT'S OLD

But it's Party Pass time.

There would be a lot more of you banned if our moderation had anything to do with us getting "party passes" :lol:

Interesting...

Please elaborate. What kind of directives have they given you guys?

I was making a joke about banning assholes and cupcakes all around if we were actually offered "party passes". Nothing like that happens. Try not to delve too deep into a conspiracy that doesn't exist, John.

• Like 3

Is he trying to be Kevin Smith or something?

EDIT: Oops just saw this topic was a year old.

But yeah, I didn't think the video was funny. The part about Axl pulling up and leaving was okay though.

Edited by jbhutto

People love it when Axl goes off on a rant and bashes people..........but somebody else does it and says something negative about Axl (all which is pretty much true) and people on here immediately go into "that guy sucks and I've always hated his band."
You love that Axl speaks his mind and doesn't care what people think. But conversely you think that people should ONLY praise what Axl does.

Funny stuff.

If Axl went on a rant that I didn't agree with or had a difference of opinion in, I would gladly express my views with that as well.

Never said you wouldn't.

But attacking and criticizing a singer for doing exactly what Axl used to do........and going on about how he and his bands suck.......you don't see how that is a little silly? And I'm not just talking about you, it happens on here every time somebody in the entertainment industry says something negative about Axl. This guy has been in two different bands that were pretty successful, so I'd hardly say that he sucks. And I'm sure that the fact that lots of people pushed for him to be in VR has nothing to do with why people on this forum "hate" the guy so much.

I see what you're saying - an if it came of this way I'm sorry, but I'm not attacking Corey Taylor for ranting in general. I'm "attacking" him for all of the ridiculous shit he was saying. I mean really, you're going to bitch that Axl played a theme song before going into the next, main song itself (which when telling his story he acted like Axl didn't even play November Rain which made the situation sound all the more ridiculous to the people listening to his story)?

As far as his music sucking, obviously that's subjective and just my opinion in that sense. I find that it applies though if he's going to criticize Axl, since he can't hold a candle to Axl.

• Like 2