Corey Taylor Speaking about Axl and NuGNR

biggestgunsfan

Let's see where Corey Taylor is in 15 years. People will still probably care about Axl more than they ever will for Corey Taylor.

Dude is a tool.

Dude is a tool, couldn't agree more. But he has already been around for 15 years. I don't think that'll change in the coming 15 years, Slipknot will become more and more nostalgic + his other generic metal band (Stone Sour) seem to be very popular as well.

Axl should step it up.

Edited by CheapJon

I see what you're saying - an if it came of this way I'm sorry, but I'm not attacking Corey Taylor for ranting in general. I'm "attacking" him for all of the ridiculous shit he was saying. I mean really, you're going to bitch that Axl played a theme song before going into the next, main song itself (which when telling his story he acted like Axl didn't even play November Rain which made the situation sound all the more ridiculous to the people listening to his story)?

As far as his music sucking, obviously that's subjective and just my opinion in that sense. I find that it applies though if he's going to criticize Axl, since he can't hold a candle to Axl.

To be fair, he did say he had to sit through buckets routine, which was sort of ridiculous.

Do you honestly think Axl knew about Corey Taylor not being allowed to walk around certain area of the backstage area? I'm sure Axl would have talked to Corey and probably got on with him. The whole thing was probably Axl management tip-toeing around Axl when there wasn't any real reason to do so.

Corey is an interesting guy but he tends to some exaggeration and back in 2002 he was also a hell of a lot more immature and drinking much heavier so we've only heard one side of this story.

Everyone knows Axl can be a diva, so that's nothing new, and I don't doubt that his security guard had to go and chase him to bring back to the festival. Funny story all the same!

Talking about Axl gives Corey far more publicity than he could ever muster on his own.

This is ridiculos. The guy has sold millions of records and toured around the world for 15 years.

He's a douchebag, but he is relevant on his own.

• Like 1

Talking about Axl gives Corey far more publicity than he could ever muster on his own.

This is ridiculos. The guy has sold millions of records and toured around the world for 15 years.

He's a douchebag, but he is relevant on his own.

Oh sorry, it looked like he was playing an open mic or something.

• Like 1

What a lame pile of shit. Cory is entitled to spew whatever garbage he'd like about Axl, but the fact still remains: like Motley Crue, he's made a career out of ripping off other bands. Slipknot, from the beginning, did nothing but take everything about numetal music, and play it up tenfold. Absolutely no originality whatsoever.

If it hasn't already been pointed out......

He did NOT see GNR open for aerosmith in 1986..... It was 1988 is seen that tour on a couple of stops. Doesn't really matter though

As far as seeing GNR in 2002 He did really sum up what most fans thought of the band then, and that was it was basically a freak show.

I am sorry by Buckethead leaving and Robin lossing the fucked up hair, cloths and make up where both a step in the right direction as far as the appearance of the band when you consider what GNR use to look like. Also Axl opening band picks some where a shock to people thinking they where going to a rock concert and getting opening bands or people that where not rock bands.

Before all you Buckethead cupcakes chime in on my post he done alot for GNR in the studio and is a very gifted player but he just was not a fit for GNR when it came being on the stage. I don't fault Bucket for this he was doing what he knew but it just didn't work live for GNR, I know it is not suppost to be about looks and about the music but if you had not been following GNR once the opener came and then GNR hitting the stage MOST fans would be like Corey WTF is this and go away shaking your head and be like GNR concert never going again.

I will disagree that the 2002 line was the best NuGNR lineup, they did do some productive work in the studio but that is about it. Touring with the 2002 line up hurt GNR at the fan base level.

2006 it was like he redeemed GNR somewhat.

I think the line up right now is the BEST nugnr line up ever put together, they have the being on stage in front of crowd down pat. They sound very good live and I only can hope we get an album with the line up we have now, I think it would change some peoples minds about opinions they formed in 2002 and the fuck up release of CD. I really think CD got alot of B-sides put on it just to fuck the record company which in turn Axl also fucked himself. I have nothing to back that statement up I just think that is what happened.

Agree with someone else who said it - Axl rants and you guys think it's amazing (slating Bon Jovi, Warren Beatty etc etc), yet someone says what the majority of people outside the forums think about GN'R and he's a dick? Sorry but you guys are in fantasy land - Like it or not, Slipknot and Stone Sour have been more successful than Axl has in the past 15 years, so yeah he has every right to voice his opinion whether we like it or not (I actually disagree with him, the 2002 lineup was/is my favourite NuGuns lineup) - and for anyone that says 'yeah 2002 lineup was a bit like a circus act, go see the new lineup' NO, just no, there's equally or more things wrong with this lineup than the 2002 lineup - Axl may be happier according to people but does that make this band any less of a joke? NO.

• Like 1

He spent 12 minutes of his own show, bashing on Axl ... and he still thinks he has the moral authority to criticize the GN'R show that he saw in 2002?!

I'm not going to a Slipknot-Stone-Sour-or-whatever show to spent 12 minutes with that kind of shit. And people still blaming GN'R for the solos and covers in a 3h show ... -.-

That's not even a rant ... that's just stupidity ... attention whoring.

Look at the moral authority of this guy (WHO HIS NOT EVEN AN ORIGINAL MEMBER OF SLIPKNOT)...

SLIPKNOT:

41c04f82481a583becf0cb63ccba2152.png

STONE SOUR:

f2b25bca9cbec3e6785ad3cb0247774c.png

We should conclude that he sings in bands like new-Slipknot ans new-Stone Sour ... and he is an hired hand in Slipknot.

Moralololol.

Not sure if I would call Corey a hired hand, he has written and contributed to every Slipknot release since before they came to the publics attention, and they regularly tour and release albums. By your logic Slash, Duff and Steven were hired hands in GN'R.

People say what they see... whether you want to agree or not, there's a helluva lot more people out there who probably see it the same as Corey, just deal with it move on and let them be, your wee Slipknot timeline isn't gonna change one little thing apart from making you out to be desperate to show that Corey doesn't have the right to comment on the great Axl Rose... well he does, and did, and nothing can change that.

:lol:

People are so upset they are trying to diminish Corey's carreer just because he made of Axl one year ago?

Try not to upset the Corey Taylor's Defense Force guys.... Oh wait, he probably doesn't have one. It's an Axl fan thing.

That is what I found hilarious!

I'm not on any Corey Defence Force, I just found it hilarious that people will go to lengths to try and prove that whoever said something about Axl is this and that, Rose tinted glasses, Axl is open to criticism as is everyone else on the planet.

People are so upset they are trying to diminish Corey's carreer just because he made of Axl one year ago?

Try not to upset the Corey Taylor's Defense Force guys.... Oh wait, he probably doesn't have one. It's an Axl fan thing.

That is what I found hilarious!

I'm not on any Corey Defence Force, I just found it hilarious that people will go to lengths to try and prove that whoever said something about Axl is this and that, Rose tinted glasses, Axl is open to criticism as is everyone else on the planet.

Yeah, fans in general are stupid. I like Slash, the old Axl, Robin, Buckethead but if they fuck things up, I'll make fun of them. They don't need a nobody on a message board to be their white knight.

I honestly don't see any difference between some Axl fans and teenage Justin Bieber fans. It's sad because Axl fans are suppposed to be adults.

• Like 1

So true! How dare anyone criticize Axl!! He is the perfect human being and is utterly faultless :P

People say what they see... whether you want to agree or not, there's a helluva lot more people out there who probably see it the same as Corey, just deal with it move on and let them be, your wee Slipknot timeline isn't gonna change one little thing apart from making you out to be desperate to show that Corey doesn't have the right to comment on the great Axl Rose... well he does, and did, and nothing can change that.

And people see what they want ... same shit.

Anyway, where did i said that i agree, or not, with Corey?

It's not about the substance of his opinion ... opinions are like assholes, everyone has the right to have one.

But, you don't need to show you asshole to everybody. especially if if your opinion (in)consists of criticizing someone about a matter in respect of which your own history does not testify in your favor.

And people see what they want ... same shit.

Anyway, where did i said that i agree, or not, with Corey?

It's not about the substance of his opinion ... opinions are like assholes, everyone has the right to have one.

But, you don't need to show you asshole to everybody. especially if if your opinion (in)consists of criticizing someone about a matter in respect of which your own history does not testify in your favor.

You may not have said whether you agreed or disagreed with him, but you pulled out a stupid timeline to in some way show that Coreys opinion is irrelevant because he joined Slipknot a year or 2 after they formed yet before they released the album that broke them into the mainstream.

and you're final point, again, Axl has regularly ranted about people and the fans lap it up, I've seen posts from people looking forward to his next rant, or 'what is your favourite rant from Axl'.. Just saying that Axls history hardly does him any favours yet he does it and people lap it up, so don't try make out like Coreys opinion is any less relevant - at the end of the day it's a guy in a band that has an opinion or a story about another band, Coreys opinion/story is as valid as Axls and just because you don't like what he said don't try to degrade his career, he's done alot more than Axl has in the last 15 years.