Is Axl fitter in 2013?

trqster

Image was always something that Axl valued a lot, especially when back in the day his good looks made him even more popular. The sad fact is that with just a little more effort on his part he could still be at least recognisable to most of his old fans. Not to mention the fact that he doesn't look healthy at all and that's what worries me the most... :(

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No one likes a fat Rockstar? I think Meatloaf had a fan base.

Actually, nobody likes a skinny rockstar who goes by the name of "Meatloaf". :rolleyes:

Axl's weight issues is very indicative of his work ethic these days. Hence why you people don't have and won't have a new album any time soon. :rolleyes:

Wow, another discussion about axls weight! You guys are clearly obsessed. Aren't most of us here because we enjoy axl as a artist? You guys are so critical and superficial. Yes, he is heavier than 20 years ago....big deal, move on people.

Oh btw have you seen slashs fat ass these days? I'm sure his fans don't give him a hard time

But, you've got to take into account his age. Compared to most people Axl's age, he is in fine form, nothing wrong with the way Axl looks in 2013 to be fair... I just wish he had the same determination he had in 2006.

This is bullshit. Everyone brings up age as a defense, but I know lots of people who are 50 (which is young) and are in great shape. Furthermore, if Axl is putting himself out there as a rock star, he's gotta live up to it and realize that people are going to expect him to play the role. No one likes a fat rock star, because it adversely affects the performance in a number of ways.

Can you imagine if we had a president who couldn't speak in public? The public would complain about that as well.

I reckon Axl does the same he's been doing the last 10 years, phys and diet wise. It's just as he's gotten old his metabolism has slowed down. I reckon he wears the jackets now throughout the show as that will aide him losing weight.

But, you've got to take into account his age. Compared to most people Axl's age, he is in fine form, nothing wrong with the way Axl looks in 2013 to be fair... I just wish he had the same determination he had in 2006.

This is bullshit. Everyone brings up age as a defense, but I know lots of people who are 50 (which is young) and are in great shape. Furthermore, if Axl is putting himself out there as a rock star, he's gotta live up to it and realize that people are going to expect him to play the role. No one likes a fat rock star, because it adversely affects the performance in a number of ways.

Can you imagine if we had a president who couldn't speak in public? The public would complain about that as well.

I reckon Axl does the same he's been doing the last 10 years, phys and diet wise. It's just as he's gotten old his metabolism has slowed down. I reckon he wears the jackets now throughout the show as that will aide him losing weight.

That's an interesting point there....if he sweats like pig during the gig for sure he'll loose a few pounds by the end of it. But it won't do him any good is he refills the lost liquids with liquor at the after-party. :awesomeface:

Actually, nobody likes a skinny rockstar who goes by the name of "Meatloaf". :rolleyes:

Axl's weight issues is very indicative of his work ethic these days. Hence why you people don't have and won't have a new album any time soon. :rolleyes:

I think Meatloaf has amazing Pipes and Jim Steinman is one of the best songwriters of our generation. That's just me tho.

That's an interesting point there....if he sweats like pig during the gig for sure he'll loose a few pounds by the end of it. But it won't do him any good is he refills the lost liquids with liquor at the after-party. :awesomeface:

He'll sweat off water storage and salt. But it's going to take a lot of salads to sweat off that chin strap. :rolleyes:

Aren't most of us here because we enjoy axl as a artist?

I'm not sure about that. As Bob Dylan once said, "an artist must be careful to never think he has arrived somewhere, he must always be in a constant state of becoming." Axl seems to have lost that in the last 5 years or so, which is why most people (on these forums even) are growing bored and have given up.

Aren't most of us here because we enjoy axl as a artist?

I'm not sure about that. As Bob Dylan once said, "an artist must be careful to never think he has arrived somewhere, he must always be in a constant state of becoming." Axl seems to have lost that in the last 5 years or so, which is why most people (on these forums even) are growing bored and have given up.

That's a good quote.

I think Meatloaf has amazing Pipes and Jim Steinman is one of the best songwriters of our generation. That's just me tho.

Perhaps you've misunderstood me. I'm not saying that nobody likes Meatloaf. I'm basically saying that Meatloaf can get away with being "fat" because his name is "Meatloaf".

Perhaps you've misunderstood me. I'm not saying that nobody likes Meatloaf. I'm basically saying that Meatloaf can get away with being "fat" because his name is "Meatloaf".

haha. True. Nobody fucks with the Jesus.

Wow, another discussion about axls weight! You guys are clearly obsessed. Aren't most of us here because we enjoy axl as a artist? You guys are so critical and superficial. Yes, he is heavier than 20 years ago....big deal, move on people.

Oh btw have you seen slashs fat ass these days? I'm sure his fans don't give him a hard time

The problem that comes with nothing important to discuss, people generate ideas to promote discussion. It was worse back in the silence era. Considering there's no new music being debuted, or no new music in the pipeline- all most have is to discuss Axl's vocals and looks.

Also, I think in part, a lot of GNR's allure back in the day was their style and look. Whilst this has no reflection on their musical talent and ability, it doesn't surprise me that many would want to discuss it.

The problem that comes with nothing important to discuss, people generate ideas to promote discussion. It was worse back in the silence era. Considering there's no new music being debuted, or no new music in the pipeline- all most have is to discuss Axl's vocals and looks.

Also, I think in part, a lot of GNR's allure back in the day was their style and look. Whilst this has no reflection on their musical talent and ability, it doesn't surprise me that many would want to discuss it.

The reason why it's discussed is because what I said before. It's indicative of his work ethic. When you hear rumors about him not going on stage until he gets a roasted duck or when he tells a reporter, "I like Indian food". It's hilarious and telling at the same time. He's a greedy and lazy slob, and it shows. That's why there will be no new music anytime soon.

..........let's not forget his lack of ability to sing, these days as well.

Edited by Carne_asaDA

The reason why it's discussed is because what I said before. It's indicative of his work ethic. When you hear rumors about him not going on stage until he gets a roasted duck or when he tells a reporter, "I like Indian food". It's hilarious and telling at the same time. He's a greedy and lazy slob, and it shows. That's why there will be no new music anytime soon.

Let's wait and see if at the end of the month and Australian tour, Axl is (or not) in better shape physically and vocally. I woudn't raise my hopes too high though...

Edited by trqster

I don't give a shit about Axl's weight. The only teason I'd want him to lose weight is if he sounded and performed better due to his physical shape, and I hate hearing people say he's fat.

I would guarantee you that his performance would be better if he weren't such a Fat ass.